Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN 2 Night Romantic Break for two at the Maritime Hotel on the Wild Atlantic Way

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The first time she asked me out, she took me to the blood bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Sadler32

For valentines day when I first met my now fiance, I wrote her a poem and submitted into a competition at the beauty saloon that she uses.
    It won first prize, and she got vouchers to use in the saloon.
    When she got to the saloon, every body came down to see who had won the prize and was saying how nice it was.

When she came out of the saloon I was there to meet her, with her packed bag. We then headed off on the surprise weekend I had previously organised.

Just lucky the way it worked out, but it was a great start to an amazing weekend.......

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Psychobabble

Bought an original painting that my partner really loved and surprised them!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BMG83

When I get treated to breakfast in bed. Its a regular thing that I find very sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

Using all his money to buy me a Birthday present that I knew he couldn't really afford. He said I was the most important person in the world :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

We were spending our first Christmas away from home overseas. I love Christmas, and was quite down about the whole thing especially as my boyfriend isn't really a Christmas guy and kept saying how he wasn't really bothered getting a tree, putting up any decorations etc. One night, I came home really late after being out with friends, as I start opening the door I hear him shouting at me to wait! I did, and when I was allowed in I saw that he had transformed the whole apartment with tinsel, decorations, a tree, and Christmas candles (which he had quickly lit!) It was amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Sadler32

I love surprising my fiancee with flowers at work and cards and trips away from time to time. She is amazing and I cant imagine not having her in my life.

We are due to get married next year, but due to the way I work we cant have our proper honeymoon until my leave after the wedding. However I have organised a few days away, but its a surprise, so cant be telling that romantic gesture yet....

So currently the most romantic thing I have done...

For our first valentines day together, I wrote her a poem and brought her out for dinner etc.
    What she didnt know was that I had submitted it to the saloon that she uses, for their valentines competition. It won and when she went down to use the voucher prize, everyone in the place came down to see you had won, saying she was so lucky. I hope it wasnt too embarassing for her....
    When she came out I was there waiting with packed bags to bring her away for the weekend which I had booked prior to winning the prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Oh a trip to Thailand I booked a surprise trip to Burma and we stayed in a beautiful hotel built on Inle lake.

Every anniversary, we do the same things. Natural history museum and Science Gallery, A walk through Dublin, then pints and a cheese toastie in Grogans.

It's what we did on our first date, and brings the magic back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭brevity

Flowers, champagne and dinner in her favourite restaurant for when I proposed to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Have to say, the other half has played a stormer vis a vis romantic gestures over the years, called to my house the night before last college exam with a half bottle of bubbly to celebrate years of study! When I was working in a different city, drove up as a surprise a few times when I was feeling pretty down. Made me breakfast at the weekend, it was great! Has been nice to my family, that deserves an award all in its own right. Bought me a book signed by my favourite author at a charity auction, I was totally gobsmacked!

But the most recent one was that OH was waiting outside doctor's surgery to pick me up after a scheduled appointment. I proceeded to ruin thoughtfulness by arriving early and being seen early and toddling back to work. We must have just missed each other as OH got there early also!

I rang to give an update, and was asked where I was, back in work I says, to find out the poor pet was waiting for me to come out of consulting rooms. Aww!

Have to say it's hard to find one that beats any of the others over the past X years, they've all been very thoughtful. Thanks hon! Now off to bestow unexpected hug and kiss, am fierce lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary by going to a wedding in France

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

On a trip to New York, the girlfriend saw a white leather Guess handbag that she really loved but talked herself out of buying, and when she got home she really regretted not getting it.

She was looking at it online but with the cost of Shipping from USA and Customs tax it was working out a double the price. So she was mirerable. She'd be looking at it on her phone every now and again.

A number of months later my uncle who lives in New York was coming to visit us here in Ireland. I had his daughter (my cousin) pick up the bag for me; I also had her get a matching wallet/purse and he brought them home in his suit case.

I kept the bag for another 2/3 months until her birthday. I gave her the wallet first and said nothing about the bag. We went for dinner and after when we were home I said "what good is a wallet if you haven't a matching bag to put it into" and presented her the handbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

My husbands proposal. Got permission to use the theatre on campus (we met in drama soc). Lined the aisles with candles. Roped in an ex tech officer friend to rig lights and help dress the stage. Got me there without a suspicion because a friend who works tech was in hospital. Got his wife to ring in a panic about a show he was supposed to be doing in the venue and the lights went off (this is not a n unusual situation in that 'theatre'!). Push open the door at the back to darkness lit by candles and the stage lights. Cried before I even got to stage. And yes the friend techie watched from back stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭rameire

brought the wife to New York on Valentines day, had lunch dinner and macy's all while it was snowing.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kn0ckers

paid for her to come here cause she had no moneh.. then proceeded to sweep her off her feet while here.. (shes american)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sandyn75

I was surprised with a night away in a top hotel for my birthday. Had a lovely meal in the hotel restaurant and then got given a beautiful necklace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bought her a freddo.

I'm not sure I've ever had anything romantic done for me :o

I bought a gift for someone once with a quote that they loved inscribed on it. They loved it an awful lot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I had been down home for a while and hadn't seen my OH in over a week. I called him on the Friday evening to say he wouldn't see me for the weekend as I was stuck at home. He was a bit upset, but pretended to hide it. He then said he had to go because someone was at the door. He answered it to find me standing outside with a some fillet steaks and a bottle of vino for dinner! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

recreated our first date on our 1st anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I once shaved an old boyfriend's back in the shower :)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

A week away in NY for my girlfriend as her Xmas present. Fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭buttercup20

Myself and my other half have moved in together. Money is tight and he asked me to come out to the garden late one Thursday night. He had bought some star lights in the two euro shop and put them on the trees in the garden to match the stars in the sky. He is very thoughtful and is currently fixing all the broken applicances around the house.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

We visit the hotel we had our wedding for dinner and romantic stay every year on the anniversary day, coming very soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

I used to have a dog. This dog loved me the most in the whole world. All you had to tell the dog .... was that mom was on her way home....... and he would sit at the window with his nose touching the glass.....just waiting for me......when I entered the house......the dog followed me jumping 5ft in the air behind me.......the most romantic thing my boyfriend ever did was pretend to be my dog when I came home from work......

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Bought her a sapphire necklace on valentine's day, she was so delighted... I then swept her off her feet to a fancy restaurant and had an awesome time!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

The competition is now closed, we will post the winner's name as soon as they have been chosen and contacted.

Thanks for all the entries, some of them were really lovely!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I just PM'd the lucky winner a few minutes ago....what a lovely start to the weekend for someone :D

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement