Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN 2 Night Romantic Break for two at the Maritime Hotel on the Wild Atlantic Way

Options
  • 07-08-2014 9:32am
    Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Experience romance on the Wild Atlantic Way with this 2 night luxury weekend competition.
    317498.jpg

The Maritime Hotel, Bantry are giving away a Luxury 2 Night Romantic Break for Two at the Maritime Hotel on the Wild Atlantic Way.
    317499.jpg317500.jpg317501.jpg317502.jpg
    Enjoy two nights’ accommodation in a luxurious Double Room with Breakfast each morning and a 3 Course Dinner on one evening of your choice.

Enter and you will be in with a chance to win this fantastic Luxury Break for two at the stylish Maritime Hotel.

The winner will be selected at random at the end of promotion.

To enter simply post what's the most romantic thing you've ever done for someone or had done for you?

Good luck!

You can visit their website at www.themaritime.ie

Terms & Conditions
    • Voucher valid for 12 months from date of issue
    • Not Valid for Bank Holiday Weekends and Special Occasions
    • Competition closes on 21st August 2014
    • Winner will be chosen at random on 21st August 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Lovely competition!

One morning I was headed for my usual pre-work coffee, I noticed a bit of excitement when I landed in by the ladies in there, my coffee was produced with an excited 'it's already paid for'. My husband had done a detour on his way to work and prepaid a few coffees for me. Made my week so it did <3 The coffee shop ladies were still buzzing over it for ages after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Brought my girlfriend to Paris for her 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

When we first started dating my partner drove 150 miles to take me to dinner and then drove home again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 llolly

Hi,sitting watching t.v late one boring wednesday evening,my partner stood up all of a sudden and said,get yourslf ready we are going..I said to him GOING! Going where its 10.30 at night! Get packed..Stunned i threw whatever i could into a bag..turned out a bus was leaving for North wales at midnight and we were going to be on it..he had hotel booked everything..Must say we spent a beautiful easter week in llandudno..bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

As a treat/reward for my girlfriend and her friend completing their FE1's I sent them for a relaxing spa weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Twas my 40th birthday but it coincided with a big rugby weekend. (I don't follow rugby at all.)My husband had said he'd booked a meal in a local pub,which also had a huge tv. I was none too impressed. The day before 'the meal' he told me we were actually going to go to stay in a hotel near where his mother lived so we got in the car and headed off. We stayed the night in his mothers and the next morning we headed to the hotel. We got nearer and nearer to Dublin airport,parked the car and went to departures with a case of clothes my two daughters had secretly packed for me. He had taken my glasses from me so I couldn't read the boards to see where we were going. We then sat at a departure gate which was empty. After some time he moved us down the way to the gate which was boarding for Carcassonne,France. I had said the previous year that I would love to see the old city sometime. I honestly did not think that he was listening to me at all!! It all felt hugely romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Herself brought me sailing on a yacht to the Aran Islands. Sailed over, toured the island (the pubs mostly), spent a night on the yacht and sailed back the next day. Pretty cool all n all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Bought matching his-n-hers shiny Adidas tracksuit bottoms for then-girlfriend now-wife. We were young, that's my excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Flew halfway across the world to surprise her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My husband brought me toast in bed when I was very sick after a procedure and he didn't even mind that I ate it on his side of the bed even though he's very very very very against eating in the bed. This went on for a few days. I thought it was pretty romantic that he put aside his hatred of crumbs to make me feel better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I gave my g/f a surprise holiday. It was the 1st time she was every out of Ireland and she loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've always thought it's the thousands of little things that are romantic rather than the occasional grandiose gestures: flowers on an inconsequential Tuesday afternoon, tickets to a show/gig I'd noticed her looking at a poster for, making an unasked for coffee in the morning etc.

Since you're looking for the big gestures though: I convinced my wife that since we were getting married on a budget it'd be best to just use a CD for the ceremony instead of getting musicians and then snuck a string trio into the hotel behind her back that not only played her down the aisle and the ceremony but who had specially arranged a load of our favourite songs for the reception too! The trio have a blog post about it on their site here: http://www.herecomesthetrio.com/blog/surpriiiiise :)

EDIT: I should mention I actually set the whole thing up through boards.ie too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

We were both in college and I was working the late shift in a well known fast food place in dublin. Got back to flat only to find my then bf (now hubby) sitting on the step outside at 3 am (in freezing cold <3) with some apple pie he had brought from home. He knew I'd be coming back to an empty flat (flatmate away) and thought I'd like some company and some apple pie.
    Still as sweet today and don't give him enough credit for it.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Romantic wedding in Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Flew back from America to surprise her on a week off I got randomly. Only found out about it on the Friday evening, went home booked flights and flew the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Brought my now wife to Brussels to propose to her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

I walked home 6 miles on the first night we met, cause my friends were leaving early and I wanted to spend more time with my new love.

The next night I did the same! We have been together since that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

For my girlfriend on our second date I borrowed a friends mobile home in Brittas bay, I drove down early in the day with a stack of firewood and created a mini bonfire. I drove back to Dublin picked her up & blindfolded her (probably pretty weird on a second date :P). Went back down and we had some wine in the mobile then i went off to the beach to light the fire.

So again with the blindfold.. and off we went to the fire which was well needed, it was bloody freezing but we sat by the fire for a couple of hours and talked, she is now my wife & she still talks about that night as "the night" she knew we'd be together

I have yet to top it!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

After 2 kids and 3 and a half years without a break, we took 2 days off in Dublin. Strolled around the city for 2 days doing absolutely nothing. Most romantic thing we've done in years. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SamKB

West Cork is such a stunning beautiful spot. The Maritime Hotel would be perfect for a romantic break.

My husband is one of those men who doesn't do grand romantic gestures like flower deliveries or surprise weekends away. He shows me how much he appreciates and cares for me in a million tiny ways every week and for that I love him even more.

One of my favourite moments happened when we had been dating about a year. He had stayed over in my house and just as we were leaving for work as he headed out the door to get into the car he said he had left his wallet on my locker and could I grab it for him while he started the car. When I went back upstairs, he had spelled out I Love U in quality street on top of the duvet. It truly was one of those moments when my heart just melted.

I would love to surprise him with a break at the fabulous Maritime Hotel because he is the loveliest man I have ever met and he gives so much of himself to others - would be nice for him to be the one who is treated for once.

x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

Five years ago, our then 9 week old son sent 6 weeks in Crumlin Hospital. During that time he underwent a 9 hour life saving open heart operation, spending the following 5 day's in ICU. It was a testing time for both my wife and myself, plus we had a then 2 year old son at home who needed his parents too. I commuted from Limerick to Dublin several days a week but my wife never left our sick sons bedside. More often than not she spent the night on the floor beside him, but it never bothered her. This was May 2009. In august of that year for our wedding anniversary, I sent herself and her closest friend to London for a luxury weekend away, all paid for. She needed the break more than she could have ever realized and came home a different woman, I still admire her for the sacrifices she made over that 6 week period of our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

for my birthday he bought me tickets to see swan lake, the ballet, performed by the Kirov, AND sat through the whole thing without complaining once.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Surprised her with a romantic getaway to Cork at the end of August.....??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kinze

A friend who can sing well picked up his guitar and played me some songs....so romantic and intimate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I struck up a friendship with a girl who worked in a shop opposite mine a few years ago, and after a long while of chatting through FB I decided to ask her out. She had mentioned in passing that hugs were her favourite thing and there was literally nothing better than a massive bear hug to cheer her up. A few weeks later she was saying she'd had a rubbish day so I borrowed a bear costume off a mate, showed up at her work and gave her a massive hug in front of everyone. She loved it and immediately said yes to a date!

We only went out a couple of times before it tanked but I'm now in a great relationship with a much lovelier girl for whom I've done loads of romantic stuff, but the example above is probably the most unusual thing I've done! Don't tell the missus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

The most romantic thing i have ever had done for me was when my partner came to my workplace dressed in a sailor outfit with a bunch of red roses on my birthday - mortified but will never ever forget it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

We had one child at the time and he was gone to his grandparents for the weekend. My husband said he was going out for a while which he often does so I thought nothing of it. He came home and suggested we go out for lunch, as usual money was tight so I said we couldn't afford it. He said I know this new place it's supposed to be reasonable! He took my to a nearby forest where he had a picnic laid out with my ipod and mobile speakers and my favourite Rosé, we were there for hours, I was blown away because it's definitely not like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Surprised with a christmas getaway to amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Brought my girlfriend on the Skyline walk around Croke Park, followed by dinner in a nice restaurant and surprised her with a string quartet playing just for us:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Drove from Dublin to Donegal one Friday night to get my husband a ticket to the All-Ireland for his birthday.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement