Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Wet morning in Cork city, cloudy and windy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was a lovely warm morning, but it's after clouding over now and feeling chillier in that strong breeze. Rain looks closeby.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Was out walking (just back), had to take my jumper off. First time this year I was walking around in a t-shirt at home.

Pity the rain is coming for the afternoon, but things are looking good for the next few days! Beers in the back garden etc

Celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Flogging down rain at the moment,think the rest of the week won't be too bad

Raining here now also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Phoenix park 17 degrees @ 2pm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

things have gone downhill here fast since lunch time, dark skies, windy and spits of rain.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

appledrop wrote: »
    I tried PM Grace but it said her inbox was full so it wouldn't send.

Hope she is ok.

Graces7 is perfectly fine.

I am in touch with her via email, she is just taking a break from boards.

the rain has weakened alot over Meath and Dublin, still just spits of drizzle, not really wetting the ground properly with much of the rain breaking up as it reaches the east coast.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Looking for MetLuver, I need to send a DM... Come in MetLuver...

Mods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭appledrop

Very windy here in North County Dublin.

This is one of few days since this crisis started that I'm actually happy to stay at home + not venture out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Awful day here gusty winds heavy rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Got the walk done bright and early this morning because of the expected widespread rainfall. Dam all here yet in Donegal

Lashing now in Cork city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Unexpectedly ok in south mayo
    Dry and windy but much milder than last two days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lovely morning up to 2pm Meath.
    Cloudy and drizzle on and off. Warm.

raining on and off for past few hours, most of it very light, feel very warm in the wind. Looks to be more persistent and heavier rain on the way for the next few hours.

Breezy night here in Castlebar. some heavy bursts of rain earlier but cleared off to the east now. still mild at 10 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Lovely sunshine until lunchtime in Arklow
    Rain late afternoon
    Heavy for a time and windy this evening
    4mm total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭pad199207

Thoroughly miserable evening here with very strong winds and moderate rain. 11.4mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Horrendous day in north east Gaels of wind with showers real winters day

• Advertisement

Beautiful sunny spring morning here in North County Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭OldRio

It's sleet and sunshine in County Leitrim. Sleet! I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

OldRio wrote: »
    It's sleet and sunshine in County Leitrim. Sleet! I kid you not.

Yesterday was the first day with more than 1mm of rain here in Roscommon since St Patrick's Day.
    We got a whopping 3mm.
    Some dramatic turnaround from the monsoon of the previous 9 months!
    How many days is the meteorological drought again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

After yesterdays storm like weather it is lovely here in East Clare 14c ..

very nice day in Meath as well, lots of sunshine but much cooler than yesterday.

Gonzo wrote: »
    very nice day in Meath as well, lots of sunshine but much cooler than yesterday.

Almost 15c in Arklow's sunshine today
    Warmer than yesterday here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Smashing day in Cork, been such a pleasant last 4 weeks (yesterday aside).

First time this year that sun actually felt warm on my face! It was amazing in sheltered back garden while it lasted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Decent day here in Kerry. Couple of local showers but generally dry with good levels of sunshine getting up to 12.4C.

NASA Pic Today.

E25aGYk.png?1

txint_uk_lnk0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lovely day in Donegal again as well, the past few weeks have been a godsend given the circumstances, imagine having to put up with this in November with the whole dark wet winter ahead of us!

Only complaint so far is the lack of warmth, still hasn't been a single day where it was pleasant to sit outside for long, every day has had a cool/cold breeze

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Meanwhile in Northern Norway, they are keeping the roads open, just about...

k6rkls0flcr41.jpg

beautiful day here in Meath, gin blue skies and feels warmer than any day we had last June.

Colder in Arklow than yesterday, SE sea wind as opposed to yesterdays land wind
    Beautiful sunshine

To cloudy here in the west but for those in the east enjoy the full moon rising around 7.30pm. Put up some snaps if ye get any :)

What an absolutely stunning day!

Seriously not a cloudy in sky all day + once you were sheltered from the wind it was glorious.

• Advertisement

Was waiting for a glimpse of the moon in Cork City but alas its too cloudy. Such a shame since it seems to be nice around the country.

Snap photos if you see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭lolie

To cloudy here in the west but for those in the east enjoy the full moon rising around 7.30pm. Put up some snaps if ye get any :)

Unfortunately cloudy here in s cavan for moonrise.
    There was a lovely halo around it this morning (Tuesday) though.
    IMG-20200407-021332.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭kingshankly

24/25 degree temperatures forecast for London this weekend surely that’s extreme weather for early April

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

24/25 degree temperatures forecast for London this weekend surely that’s extreme weather for early April

Normally that would be good news for them but in current circumstances it`s very bad in so far as the lockdown restrictions are concerned. BTW it may be above average temperatures for the time of year but certainly not extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It got to 29c there in April 2018. I don't think it's all that unusual for April, I experienced similar temperatures there around this time of year (maybe even March) a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,918 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The weather - it is teasing us :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    It got to 29c there in April 2018. I don't think it's all that unusual for April, I experienced similar temperatures there around this time of year (maybe even March) a few years ago.

Correct. 25C was achieved on 15 April 2015 and 9 April 2017 for other recent examples, even got to 22C on 30 March 2017.

As for last night's moon, here's my tuppence worth. Low cloud and sea mist made the rise anticlimactic by the coast but lenticular clouds were a nice feature nevertheless.

https://twitter.com/sryanbruenphoto/status/1247819599921414144?s=20

another fantastic day. Easily the best spell of weather we've had since the early September settled spell or even the warm sunny days last July. April is already putting June 2019 to shame. Today and tomorrow look to be the peak of this warm spell with temperatures back to more normal values from Friday. Temperatures overall look above average for another week hitting the low to mid teens reguarly.

Lovely day in Cork City. Typical, finish Uni and it becomes lovely. Before that was running around with umbrellas constantly. Oh well!
    Warm in the sun and cool when it goes behind a cloud so heat isn't sticking but will take what we get! Much better then the alternative.

This weather is just unreal.

I thought yesterday couldn't be beaten but today is glorious + no strong breeze like yesterday. I walked to shop with no coat on + it was beautiful.

Think it will have to a barbecue this evening!

Temperatures here today are about the same as the coasts along the Costa Del Sol. Amazing weather for the time of the year and i'd easily bag a day like this in July or August.

temp_uk.png

temp_sp.png

Spot on Gonzo it's like being abroad.

What makes it so amazing is the wall to wall sunshine over the past two days.

I dont mind if temperatures are a bit lower if you have the sun.

Today we have both!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Ballinasloe co galway this morning
    301A6Mo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My weather station briefly registered an 18.3C in a prolonged spell of sunshine before it got a little cloudier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,918 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

m17 wrote: »
    Ballinasloe co galway this morning
    301A6Mo.jpg

Nice.

Do you have to throw the money 2 meters in to the cash bucket? :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement