Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What MPG are you getting from your vehicle?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ice.cube

My 2005 Petrol 1.5 Nissan Almera. At the time I bought it to get me around for a few weeks. That was a good few years ago. Doesn’t know when to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭legomanx51v

mikeecho wrote: »
    Just the onboard fuel calculation via Idrive.

I don't care about fuel consumption. I usually fill up at the cheapest circle k, and I get an 8c discount on the pump price .

8c? I've got a 5c discount and i know some fuel cards do 4c, but how'd you manage 8c off?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

2015 Golf R Manual, averaging 31mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

8c? I've got a 5c discount and i know some fuel cards do 4c, but how'd you manage 8c off?:cool:

Also interested in this, i'm getting 4c off Circle K at the moment.
    hooch-85 wrote: »
    2015 Golf R Manual, averaging 31mpg

It's funny since mine went up for sale the MPG has shot up to late 40's :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

6l/100 km (47.1 mpg) average
    taken from OBC.
    Daily commute is a mix of dual carriageway<--> traffic stop/start (80/20)

2012 Peugeot 508 2.0 hdi (163)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Thanks for all the replies guys and gals !! Forgot I posted this Haha. Interesting to read what everyone is getting , some are amazing and some are shocking lol

Crock Rock wrote: »
    6l/100km

Why are people using mpg? We're a metric country.
    The last bits of automotive imperialism were abolished in 2005 and some simpletons are still holding onto them.
    I'm 37 years old, I grew up using mpg and I prefer it. I could probably calculate either version in my head while you were still trying to work it out on a calculator :)
    You have little to be worrying about if someone elses method of measuring their fuel consumption bothers you.

Hahahaha brilliant 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Usually about 40-42mpg to a tank 60/40 motorway/country road. Touches low 50s on a run which I think is good going, F30 330d.

Usually about 40-42mpg to a tank 60/40 motorway/country road. Touches low 50s on a run which I think is good going, F30 330d.

That is not bad for a f30 330d :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

marcos_94 wrote: »
    Is that only city driving?

Im at 9l/100km (~31mpg) over the past 20,000 km with mainly city driving but also 1-2 spins down to cork and back per month with my 08 325i

edit: I think yours is 23 US mpg which is about 28 UK mpg.

Oops, used US gallons. But it is 23 miles per imperial gallon. Mostly city, when I take it on a long trip goes up to 30+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭mikeecho

If you tell me exactly how you get a 5¢ discount.. I'll tell you how to get a discount.
    Feel free to pm

Yes. I said 9cent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

If you tell me exactly how you get a 5¢ discount.. I'll tell you how to get a discount.
    Feel free to pm

Yes. I said 9cent

Would you not share the info ? If you can get 9c why would you be interested in getting 5c ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/756704.html

2012 Prius Plug-in

82 MPG overall average, 3.43 l/100km

38% of that is EV mode (all-electric) driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

5.4l/100km
    Peugeot Partner van

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

About 52 MPG. BMW 2 litre diesel. Always worse fuel economy driving to work (less traffic) than coming home (more traffic)...

My stretch of road has been put down from 100Kph to 80kph so this is saving me money while costing me more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

161 Golf GTE,
    Long term average of 156 uk mpg or 1.8l/100km :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

8.7 L /100km for 2007 1.8L petrol ford focus estate

nearly all city driving, with the odd big spin for holidays which keeps the average down.

Its at its most economical at abut 80 to 100 km/h, but I wouldnt be doing that on the autobahn.... so essentially I am rarely using the yoke at its most efficient best.

Still, its cheaper to keep it going than upgrade to a more fuel efficient model.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

7.2l per 100km for the last few months XJ 3.0l diesel. Super happy.

Galway to dublin twice a week, galway to Cork a once a week and once a month to Belfast. Set at 130 on motorways and wouldn't hit major rush hour traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

1.8tsi ibiza cupra petrol. Keeping an eye on it over the last two months with quick math at every refuel to compare to the dash read out. Always averages out high 6s or 7l/100km (so low 40mpg in old money).

Seen it on 5.5l/100km on long motorway journeys, and let's just say worse on enthusiastic adventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Getting about three weeks to the gallon at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

BMW 520d F10 (225'ish bhp) anywhere from 58 to 33mpg

58mpg is very sedate driving, cruise control set to 55mph on a constant run with no traffic.
    3x mpg in sport mode with my foot planted against the carpet with no regard for those red circular signs with some arbitrary number.

A/C and heated seats are a constant.

Is that an MSport auto with the B47 engine?

Did the remap improve your economy?

Mine (2015 520d MSport auto) is doing anything from 36-42 MPG, but it did return 58 MPG on a 6 hour drive across the UK, so I think longer journeys suit it better.

I find driving at 110 on the motorway instead of 120 seems to make a big difference too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

PaulKK wrote: »
    Is that an MSport auto with the B47 engine?

Did the remap improve your economy?

Mine (2015 520d MSport auto) is doing anything from 36-42 MPG, but it did return 58 MPG on a 6 hour drive across the UK, so I think longer journeys suit it better.

I find driving at 110 on the motorway instead of 120 seems to make a big difference too.

I’ve a remap on a Saab. Doesn’t make much difference to the economy on motorway driving, tbh. Still takes the same amount of energy to move a car of a given weight at a given constant speed. Makes a bit of a difference in city driving. Greatly increased torque, so gear changes happen sooner, using less fuel. Only a bit of a difference though.

Main difference is it’s much nicer to drive, especially in the midrange. Doesn’t leap away from the lights, but accelerates through the gears beautifully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

2003 Audi Allroad 2.5 TDi - 30 mpg on a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Tropheus wrote: »
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.5 TDi - 30 mpg on a good day.

I scrapped one of those last year on a scrappage scheme. 1 owner, 110 miles. Still brings a tear to my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

L-M wrote: »
    I scrapped one of those last year on a scrappage scheme. 1 owner, 110 miles. Still brings a tear to my eye.

Tax woulda made it unsellable I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

I've gotten 10L/100km from the RX8 - once. Driving at midnight, from a hot-start with a following wind on the motorway.

11-13L/100km are more normal on the same journey.

20-22L/100km are more normal around town.

I'd say if you measured the fuel it actually burned - it'd be half that. You could probably condense the exhaust and get a ****ton of petrol back. The smell is utterly eye-watering. The exhausts are jet-black with carbon. Fire comes out the back at high RPM.

1.27 petrol is a dream. The lockdown is the nightmare.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I get anywhere from 120-200 miles out of 60 litres of petrol. 2.8 Straight 6 though so don't mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Tax woulda made it unsellable I assume?

No just the scrappage from the Manufacturer was more than the actual value of the car. Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

L-M wrote: »

Mine's one owner too - me. I've had it from new and it has covered 266k miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

My 08 superb gets me 1400km from a full tank :)

Advertisement