Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg Siteviewer accurate?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

length of a ID number irrelevant i think it is what it is.
    Cell#0 ID=101888 is on eNB ID 398 - LTE - info match

That eNB does not exist

weirdest thing ever i just got 4g with Vodafone again.

and the cell ID is 28956419 just checking now if it is on cellmapper.

looks like it is connected to the eNB 113111 which is not is the position that cell mapper thinks it is at.

weird the way my house is not within the yellow vector it shows for that cell but i am just within the black vector but just.

KCaKUY2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

You have offloaded plenty of data and i believe still do. Cellmapper need to digest that data and might take some time. Accuracy expected to be off.

grimeire wrote: »
    That eNB does not exist
    Calm down

You show screenshot of Three 4G readings on the router, with Cell ID101888 in your post #30.
    As i mentioned earlier, on the Cellmaper web, you have to pick ISP (Three) and service (4G) for appropriate masts to be displayed. It does not do all in one mash and it doesn't do it automatically.
    525710.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cellmapper app read all masts(by ISP) no matter what services they provide and what cell your phone connects to, neighboring masts.

If you're on 4G it will map 4G neighbours, it won't map 2/3/5G. If you mode switch itll continue recording on the new RAT.

Tower updates for 3 in Ireland

from CellMapper
    Tue Sep 08 2020 06:41:11 (1 day)
    # 308.
    A total of 24 LTE tiles were updated for this provider at Tue, 08 Sep 20 05:41:11 +0000. This took a total of 1 seconds.
    Click the link above to see this provider map.

Tower updates for Vodafone in Ireland

from CellMapper
    Tue Sep 08 2020 10:33:40 (1 day)
    # 300.
    A total of 193 LTE tiles were updated for this provider at Tue, 08 Sep 20 09:33:40 +0000. This took a total of 1 minutes.

Tower updates for Eir in Ireland

from CellMapper
    Tue Sep 08 2020 04:25:36 (1 day)
    # 353.
    A total of 694 LTE tiles were updated for this provider at Tue, 08 Sep 20 03:25:36 +0000. This took a total of 1 minutes.

from CellMapper
    Mon Sep 07 2020 02:23:02 (2 days)
    # 454.
    A total of 1662 LTE tiles were updated for this provider at Mon, 07 Sep 20 01:23:02 +0000. This took a total of 1 minutes.

The map is being updated. Just needs a fair bit of data to narrow things down.

• Advertisement

This data is stale but should include most of the sites near you, Three only, 4G only.

hAglCTZ.png

If I was in Cork I'd spin about and plot the towers.

ED E wrote: »
    If you're on 4G it will map 4G neighbours, it won't map 2/3/5G. If you mode switch itll continue recording on the new RAT.
    Is that so? Hmmm, interesting.
    I was interested in 4g masts in my area only and had phone on default, however 3G mast were mapped too. Wonder...

Oh well... live a live, learn a live

I drove around the area today for an hour with multiple phones one on 3G and the other on 4G and got as close to the towers as possible.

Hopefully that will get cell mapper fully updated for my area as none of the 3G cells like 2023054 i am connecting too are still showing up. Hopefully it is just a matter of time for cell mapper is updated.

Any idea how far out from my home i should be going at the moment i am sticking to the closest towers to me since i am more than likely connected to them. Not sure what yer experience was. I highlighted the ones i am going around in the image below.
    Um9Bu5N.png

I would go to the one that has B3 and B20, despite LOS, your distance is nothing.
    But again... test, test, test

Data was added (nationally) at 5AM

Tower updates for Vodafone in Ireland

from CellMapper
    Sat Sep 12 2020 06:41:22 (7 hours)
    # 224.
    A total of 585 LTE towers were updated for this provider at Sat, 12 Sep 20 05:41:22 +0000. This took a total of 26 seconds.

• Advertisement

VF

eNB ID 113498 - LTE
    Ballyvolate Commercial Park
    Has good Info now.

eNB ID 113111 - LTE
    Looks like it _could_ be colocated.

eNB ID 114468 - LTE
    Position is locked in I'd say

eNB ID 115078 - LTE
    Might be off, not enough data.

Most of that mapping is old though.

from CellMapper
    Fri Sep 11 2020 22:19:39 (16 hours)
    # 416.
    A total of 716 LTE tiles were updated for this provider at Fri, 11 Sep 20 21:19:39 +0000. This took a total of 20 seconds.

Can see you were around
    eNB ID 3590 - LTE - Good cell picture
    eNB ID 3464 - LTE - fair
    eNB ID 3676 - LTE - Good
    eNB ID 1491 - LTE - Lots of data but suspect its positioned wrong.
    eNB ID 398 - LTE - Lots of data, probably in the industrial estate above.

Can see you were around
    VF

eNB ID 113498 - LTE
    Ballyvolate Commercial Park
    Has good Info now.

eNB ID 113111 - LTE
    Looks like it _could_ be colocated.

eNB ID 114468 - LTE
    Position is locked in I'd say

eNB ID 115078 - LTE
    Might be off, not enough data.

Most of that mapping is old though.

from CellMapper
    Fri Sep 11 2020 22:19:39 (16 hours)
    # 416.
    A total of 716 LTE tiles were updated for this provider at Fri, 11 Sep 20 21:19:39 +0000. This took a total of 20 seconds.

Can see you were around
    eNB ID 3590 - LTE - Good cell picture
    eNB ID 3464 - LTE - fair
    eNB ID 3676 - LTE - Good
    eNB ID 1491 - LTE - Lots of data but suspect its positioned wrong.
    eNB ID 398 - LTE - Lots of data, probably in the industrial estate above.

Where are you getting this info? I cant find it on cell mapper.

eNB ID 113498 - LTE - went and touched this one as i can get so close.
    eNB ID 113111 - LTE - i agree it should be colocated as where it is on the map is in the middle of a haunting site.
    eNB ID 114468 - LTE - went and touched this one as i can get so close.
    eNB ID 115078 - LTE - think this one is wrong as i went thought this industrial estate. I can see it from the industrial estate but the location looks off. I Drove around the roads in the area a few times but it has not changed on the map. It hard to see this one as it looks in one area from the Industrial estate but if i go to the area where it is at i cant find it. It could be co located with eNB ID 3464.

sE8Sn87.png

Also to get accurate coordinates of the tower what should i be doing. I am after driving around for the bones of an hour for some and cell mapper still shows them as off.

If i can't not get any closer to them. Should i be stopping for extended periods of time as close as i can to these towers?

Also I dont understand why none of the 3G cell IDs are showing up that i connected to. Cell_ID in router must not map to cells in cell mapper for vodafone 3g like they do for Three 3G

:D physically touching mast does not make it appear more accurate.
    I recon you need to circle mast @0.5~1~2 km distance as you are in populated area and plenty of masts around

Only guessing ...
    115078 = CK344 , not clear exact location on G maps - drive N20, estate SW(L2789) and NW(Commons Road L2785) - N (Old/Mallow road). Next day will see if it moves location
    111698 = CK169 clear location on G maps

526350.PNG

:D physically touching mast does not make it appear more accurate.
    I recon you need to circle mast @0.5~1~2 km distance as you are in populated area and plenty of masts around

Only guessing ...
    115078 = CK344 , not clear exact location on G maps - drive N20, estate SW(L2789) and NW(Commons Road L2785) - N (Old/Mallow road). Next day will see if it moves location
    111698 = CK169 clear location on G maps
    Thanks for the response.

So far the ones i can actually get within touching distnace are the only ones that are showing in the correct position. :D

Already went to both sites and done rings around them. Have driven past and around 111698 = CK169 multiple times. I cant stop outside of it as it is located in a bit of a blind spot. That's why I asked should i be stopping when circling these towers so cell mapper can triangulate the coordinates of the tower.

I will do it again and see if it improves in cell mapper.

They raised the point count to 50k. Gimme a few days and Ill place the towers for you.

They raised the point count to 50k. Gimme a few days and Ill place the towers for you.
    make sure you dont run out of fuel.... :D

How did it settled for you grimeire?

How did it settled for you grimeire?

I gave up on it been going out every evening nearly with cellmapper on the phone to no avail. I moved the antenna to the other side of the house and pointed it towards enB 113111 and 113498 and was still not getting 4G even after reboots.

I dont have LOS so I can only assume the multiple sets of trees in the way are causing the issues.

I cant figure out where the 3G cells i am connecting to on vodafone are either as they are not showing up in cell mapper but the Three 3G cells are for some reason.

Caught between a rock and a hard place as with Three i get fast speeds but its unstable was cutting out at least once a week on me while in work meetings and unusable some evenings and on the other hand I have vodafone that is stable but I dont get any speeds over 15MB download.

Contemplating getting another antenna like the one you use but not sure will it make any difference with all the trees.

"Other side"

Raise yourself towards the heavens Grim ;)

"Other side"

Raise yourself towards the heavens Grim ;)

Had to move the antenna to the other side of the house with a pole. It's not possible to point the antenna to towards enB 113111 and 113498 when the antenna is on the original side of the house as it was mounted on a L bracket that's connected to the gable. when first positioning the antenna I stuck it on the side of the house that was facing 114468. I later found out that 114468 didn't have a Three 4G cell.

Unfortunately for me I am surrounded by trees on 270° and all the trees are over 20-50 feet above the antenna which in its current position is about 5 foot above the ridge of the house.

I think I am pissing against the wind no matter what I do.

• Advertisement

H110-0479-2-324x324.png

the more and more i look at this cell mapper the more confused i get.

The router now tells me im connected to Cell 28956419.

Which is miles upon miles away and my antenna is faced in the opposite direction. I can not see that tower either from a sat image.

Is there anyway to map these towers to Comregs map which are supposed to be accurate.

XLK4JOR.png

Eirs cells can be mapped to CReg data. Everyone else its only an inference.

If you're only seeing 1x cell on an eNB it can often create a mirror image problem where eg: 3km west and 3km east would both create that coverage pattern.

Im after moving my antenna to the other side of the house and still dont see any difference in speed or stability. Still can not get 4g either with vodafone.

I can not get LOS to any of the cell towers due to my house being surround by trees on nearly all sides. Its making me think the trees are having a bigger impact than i though or else it is the antenna im using.

Do you think if i purchased the another antenna it would improve things. Should i go directional even thought the trees are there?

What do ye think?

Im after moving my antenna to the other side of the house and still dont see any difference in speed or stability. Still can not get 4g either with vodafone.

I can not get LOS to any of the cell towers due to my house being surround by trees on nearly all sides. Its making me think the trees are having a bigger impact than i though or else it is the antenna im using.

Do you think if i purchased the another antenna it would improve things. Should i go directional even thought the trees are there?

What do ye think?
    In ~March i got myself ISKRA P-58 L700 kit
    Cant say its much better signal than the original, but some improvement.
    Edit: i have "dropped" sat dish i had on old antenna and still maintain same signal/speed level. Old antenna now serve as secondary connection, for work.

Omni vs Dir - it'll pick strongest signal available in the vicinity.
    Where my new dir antenna still, very occasionally, jump onto "slow" cell, i think omni wont even consider what cell to go for

Your situation might differ (!)

In ~March i got myself ISKRA P-58 L700 kit
    Cant say its much better signal than the original, but some improvement.
    Edit: i have "dropped" sat dish i had on old antenna and still maintain same signal/speed level. Old antenna now serve as secondary connection, for work.

Omni vs Dir - it'll pick strongest signal available in the vicinity.
    Where my new dir antenna still, very occasionally, jump onto "slow" cell, i think omni wont even consider what cell to go for

Your situation might differ (!)

At this stage I am willing to try anything as i have no other option. Just hope that the dir antenna wont be affected too much by the trees.

what do you think of this baby. Says 5g so might as well future proof if i am going to do it.

what do you think of this baby. Says 5g so might as well future proof if i am going to do it.
    Perfect! Invisible too! Can you link data sheet so we know details?
    :D

Perfect! Invisible too! Can you link data sheet so we know details?
    :D

https://www.iskra.eu/en/MIMO/MIMO-Antenna-P-60-5G-7003800/

Just realised they need nearly a meter between the antennas so thats probably a no go since the pole it is mounted on already has a Soarview and a sat dish and wont have that kind of space

• Registered Users Posts: 33,724 ✭✭✭✭listermint

At this stage I am willing to try anything as i have no other option. Just hope that the dir antenna wont be affected too much by the trees.

Are they your trees ?

• Advertisement

(Silly question)

Your CPE is using the external antenna yeah? Its not set to internal this whole time is it? Some have a toggle.

Advertisement