Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

For those that didn't see the facebook post from PAS:

"A big ‘Thank You’ to those who completed the online questionnaire for the Clerical Officer Campaign, over the weekend! 😊
    Your efforts are appreciated, given recent events.
    We’re still aiming to run interviews in mid-late April. Keep an eye on your Message Board for updates. Good luck..👍"

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Saw that and thought it was a nice touch. I’m sure they are up to their eyes administering the temporary transfers. I wonder if there was a big uptake on the competition, it seemed very played down on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 positivepenny

EO2019 wrote: »
    Saw that and thought it was a nice touch. I’m sure they are up to their eyes administering the temporary transfers. I wonder if there was a big uptake on the competition, it seemed very played down on social media.

I wonder too!!

When do you complete a form like your cv?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

At a guess I’d think that’ll happen before interview and that it’ll be scored on form and recorded video interview for panel place/ or keep place once you pass interview. That would make sense in the current environment but it’s just my guess.

EO2019 wrote: »
    I wonder too!!

When do you complete a form like your cv?

Its hard to know would the current situation have put people off or attracted more interest.

I would assume they will sent the application form with the invite to interview and we submit by email when confirming our attendance. Thats just a guess those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

I'd say with the amount of people who got laid off due to COVID19 the thought of a Government job became more appealing to a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

mamaz wrote: »
    I'd say with the amount of people who got laid off due to COVID19 the thought of a Government job became more appealing to a lot of people.

That's honestly one of the reasons I'm going for positions like this. I've worked in a few well paying, but also highly volatile businesses that are unlikely to go through a recession.

I'm in my mid 30s, buying a house and have two kids. I'm done with the days of making a lot of money for a few months just to find out the business is closing up or cutting back on staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MCLAW

Not really sure about the numbers of applicants, so many of us are consumed with current crisis. I myself made it by the skin of my teeth yesterday!! This thread is by no means as busy as the 2018 competition at this stage, so hopefully that will increase or chances.
    Like some of the previous posters have said, it is about stability and certainty especially with this epidemic. So many of us may not be lucky enough to have a job after this crisis. It is a very scary and frightening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 I wonder why?

Message from publicjobs.ie posted four hours ago on Facebook. "A big ‘Thank You’ to those who completed the online questionnaire for the Clerical Officer Campaign, over the weekend! 😊
    Your efforts are appreciated, given recent events.
    We’re still aiming to run interviews in mid-late April. Keep an eye on your Message Board for updates. Good luck..ðŸ‘"

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

I found the situational responses tough enough...My first time ever completing something like that.
    Not tough as in difficult but if you stare at it too long you'll start second guessing yourself.

Good luck everyone.There is a lot covered in that questionnaire,I hope I didn't perform too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

I hear the CO 2020 has been extended until Friday 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

So, I managed to get the days mixed up and thought the deadline was end of business on the 1st, not 1pm on Monday :eek: so I was delighted to get the message that they have extended it given the Covid crisis to this Friday at 6pm :cool:. This also means more than likely that they didn't get as many responses as they would like.

Anyway, quick question, can any of you who have done the test already tell me is it the same sort of thing as the practise tests on the PAS site?

Also, when you click the link in the message to go through to the test do you have to be ready to do the test immediately or does it give you some sense of what the test is about etc before you have to start? I am presuming you have to do it in one sitting?

TIA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

You would wonder why? Low response??

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Maybe so, a couple of weeks ago we had near full employment so interest may have been minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 macmad10

Good to have the questionnaire out of the way. Also good to hear that interviews will still go ahead as planned but just online. I was just wondering about the pay scale. I know it goes up in increments but how often is that? Is it every year? Is it performance based?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

macmad10 wrote: »
    Good to have the questionnaire out of the way. Also good to hear that interviews will still go ahead as planned but just online. I was just wondering about the pay scale. I know it goes up in increments but how often is that? Is it every year? Is it performance based?

Yes to both. The performance review is pass/fail though and around 98% pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

GarIT wrote: »
    Yes to both. The performance review is pass/fail though and around 98% pass it.

Never knew about the performance review.. Why would 2% fail it? I understand you may not be able to answer this..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 macmad10

job seeker wrote: »
    Never knew about the performance review.. Why would 2% fail it? I understand you may not be able to answer this..

I would imagine performance would be based on a number of factors. Quality of work, Delivery, Targets (if any) and absence/punctuality.

Same as any other job really although not every job would have a pay increase every year.

I would say the 2% is could be a mix of things but would probably be down to not meeting deadlines or not completing work to a high standard and then not uplifting that quality when addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Kinda annoyed that people who couldn't follow some basic instructions are getting a second shot at this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Where did you see that?

Check public jobs.ie and no mention?

• Advertisement

Where did you see that?

Check public jobs.ie and no mention?

PAS have contacted people and have advised of extension on this competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Just on the theory more will have applied due to losing jobs

Wasn't the initial application stage closed before the first restrictions were in place? So I would wonder if many of the C19 laid off people made it anyways

I'd say whoever applied are ones that were always going to apply

Maybe so, a couple of weeks ago we had near full employment so interest may have been minimal.

Has to be surely. As you said near full employment and at the time how many would have have even given it a second thought when they saw the pay

I assume tho the extension is only for the online questionnaire completion. Surely to Christ it's not open to brand new applications isn't that stage closed

Has to be surely. As you said near full employment and at the time how many would have have even given it a second thought when they saw the pay

I assume tho the extension is only for the online questionnaire completion. Surely to Christ it's not open to brand new applications isn't that stage closed

I presume its just for the questionnaire having more time on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I wonder how long before a "Croke Park deal #2" is brought in, to compensate for the spending on the Corona Virus, and the likely recession to follow?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I wonder how long before a "Croke Park deal #2" is brought in, to compensate for the spending on the Corona Virus, and the likely recession to follow?

Who knows. It would be interesting tho as the only perk left for a state job then would be job security. The starting pay isn't much more minimum wage as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 30 positivepenny

If one gets to the next stage, do you need to provide your leaving cert/college results?

So, I managed to get the days mixed up and thought the deadline was end of business on the 1st, not 1pm on Monday :eek: so I was delighted to get the message that they have extended it given the Covid crisis to this Friday at 6pm :cool:. This also means more than likely that they didn't get as many responses as they would like.

Anyway, quick question, can any of you who have done the test already tell me is it the same sort of thing as the practise tests on the PAS site?

Also, when you click the link in the message to go through to the test do you have to be ready to do the test immediately or does it give you some sense of what the test is about etc before you have to start? I am presuming you have to do it in one sitting?

TIA :)

No, its a questionaire. Its untimed but you do get to familarise yourself with format before you start

People wrote to publicjobs that the 3 day timeline was too short, they had issues with their internet and they couldnt go elsewhere because of the restrictions/health reasons.
    Guffy wrote: »
    Kinda annoyed that people who couldn't follow some basic instructions are getting a second shot at this one.

Although I had the questionaire done for the initial deadline, I actually support PAS extending the deadline on this occassion. Its not a second shot if they couldn't do it in the first place for reasons beyhond their control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

As a mature applicant looking for a career change, I found the last section on experience not the best.
    I am going to use the isolation period to work on those skills but don't know if my answers will be enough to get through to interview stage.

Advertisement