Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Glad there's people looking out for you on the island Graces7 and sorry to hear you had to go through that ordeal earlier. All the best to you

Thanks. It was all so unexpected and to be woken from sleep like that,. Shudders, And thanks all for being here as you were..

A woolly story if I may!

I send mos of my work to Canada where my extended family and colleagues work with the huge numbers of homeless.

They keep abreast of what will sell;I have not used patterns for many years.

The latest is "infinity scarves" long enough to twice around the neck an then to the waist. They are joined into a circle, hence the name and are about 90 inches long.. I add cables to everything as it being knitted on an Irish island is a real sales pitch

So there was a large full ball of Aran cream in the box and I made the set. Scarf, fingerless mitts and wide headband,
    They sold there for an amazing price!!!

So Margaret was out in town one day and saw!! MY SET on a lady! She could not resist and said to her, " I know who knitted those. "

The lady replied," I KNITTED ALL THESE,. I AM A KNITTER"

Margaret challenged that of course but the lady insisted it all her work
    But we have labels that are sewn discreetly into a seam...

People!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Picked up my patio set in Aldi at 21:55 just as they were closing! Last one in the right colour. Come on the sun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Normally I'd change my bed sheet every Friday but I decided to be a mad thing and do it tonight instead :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A long weekend. Love booking a Friday off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Gonna ask a controversial question- how often do people change their bedclothes- I used be terrible now Im once every few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Normally I'd change my bed sheet every Friday but I decided to be a mad thing and do it tonight instead .

Gowan ya good thing Seph! :)

Try_harder wrote:
    Gonna ask a controversial question- how often do people change their bedclothes- I used be terrible now Im once every few weeks.

Every leap year.

Every leap year.

Lucky 2000 was a leap year then eh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Try_harder wrote: »

I'm like Seph, fresh sheets every Friday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gowan ya good thing Seph! :)

:D:cool:

I changed mine last Saturday but I dont like the bedsheet under me, a bit woolly

Hahaha that was me a few years ago :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Normally I'd change my bed sheet every Friday but I decided to be a mad thing and do it tonight instead .

Someone plans on getting lucky later.
    :,p

Last time this was asked there was almost blood shed!

• Advertisement

Exercise done for the week so roll on the weekend drinking :D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Someone plans on getting lucky later.
    :,p

Lucky as in.....play the lotto is it? *scratches head*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Every second week, unless I feel they need to be changed sooner and laundry load for the week-end is reasonable (average 7 loads per wkend 2 kids 2 adults).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH I'm pretty much nearly finished organizing that mass I was landed with. I'll be fully TH after Sunday when that's done and dusted. It was nightmarish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I just asked OkGoogle if she would like to have children. And she said she does not have a bun in the oven! :D:o:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    A long weekend. Love booking a Friday off

Take a Monday off too.

Makes it extra long.

Is it to early to crack one open now. A bottle that is, got some for the boat & train today.

I'll be in the TA thread if I do & am short later.

Early morning. Birdsong and peace. Whatever the day brings, this is reality. Door wide open to the air and music..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

A load of NO posters have gone up around my area, it’s of a baby and a heart drawn beside it, and at 1st glance, it looks like a picture of a flaccid penis!

While in a sleepy haze while drinking my tea in the sitting room this morning I just glanced out the window and what did I see? a black and white kitty smelling my mam's daffodils :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Flying to Dublin tomorrow with the boys, looking forward to being able to introduce the baby to his great-grandmothers :)

Baby blue sky out there and no wind..May even break out a garden chair later..WHOOPPEEE!Not knitted outdoors. for ages..will take out all the work needs sewing up..

The feeling of new socks on your feet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Unexpected great customer service

went to local pet warehouse to get some dog food

They've reduced the number of different flavours that they sell in the brand I buy for my dog, her two favourite flavours Fish (it stinks!) and Duck weren't available so I bought a turkey one.

So I bought one bag of her usual brand, as I was finishing paying I was just chatting to the guy behind the counter and he walked me back to the display and he talked me through various options as a possible replacement, going through which brands were made by teh same company, same factory, what the various meat and grain contents were and one of the key issues and the reason Id stuck to this particular brand was it was hypoallergenic and had been recommended by teh vet after she'd had some problems

It was really fantastic to listen to someone so knowledgable and passionate about something so bland like a dog food. It was even better when he said I could take the 2kg bag as a sample for free, and if the dog didn't like it, Ive lost nothing. I tried to insist and he wouldn't hear of it. Lovely man.

I won't be going anywhere else for dog food

Two of my "happies"

catsbookends_zpsjwqjb07h.jpg

If this works..

and...

cats_zpswmpkukr4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TH I slept until 4.20 this morning. Most unbroken sleep so far this week.

northgirl wrote: »
    TH I slept until 4.20 this morning. Most unbroken sleep so far this week.

Snap! Got into bed just after midnight and conked out. Awoke at 7.20 this morn just before alarm was due to go off. Not slept like that for ages.

I am also very happy it's Friday :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Daddy blackbird feeding two of his babies (well, "schoolchildren" - one is a boy and the other is a girl, their tail feathers are changing already :)) with the chopped up peanuts in the feeder. :):):)

Grace's beautiful kitties :D.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was just waiting for that post of yours, Seph. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

And the view they are looking out at .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

At least once a week. Nothing more relaxing than getting into a nice clean crisp bed.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    And the view they are looking out at .:)

Ah that was many years ago, in Donegal

What you don;t see is the main trunk road to the North with 24/7 heavy traffic.. and I mean heavy.. house used to shake

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Shadowstrife

Porridge made with water. Down with those milky porridge heathens

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    I was just waiting for that post of yours, Seph. :D

You know me too well homeo :pac:

They were by the way, dumped. Someone really lost out on them. Silly folk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that it's Friday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Graces7 wrote: »

Lucky you, Grace, they're beautiful. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Bredabe

FINALLY figured out what the child I work with means when he points and says wonderkind!
    Adding to the confusion he doesn't always point.:):):):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Aglomerado wrote: »

Smiles.. a few years ago, the little girl on the right vanished. I was way out in the mountains. emailed ,, put notices up,,,prayed. I had read once re holidaymakers taking in a cat then leaving it when they went home..

Six weeks later, I heard a familiar cry and she was there, way down the lane, I went in and grabbed a tin of cat food and a spoon and rattled it, And little by little she came closer. I will never forget the sight of her coming to me down the lane Then I grabbed her. told her she was never ever going out again. Catfood went down then cat food came up again ; she was emaciated and starving. And she sat atop of me all the night long,telling me all about it. Clearly she had been shut in somewhere; and i hoped she left a mess

The big boy on the left also got kidnapped later but I :knew: where he was and made a call.. he had been begging for food as he does,,

Makes me so happy that they are safe here now. They cannot swim! And they are too distinctive.

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »

They came to me from a filthy rescue place, already infected with feline enteritis, and i lost the third one to a heart defect. Fought a battle royal for them

THE SUN IS OUT; happy to sit out with my coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

They came to me from a filthy rescue place, already infected with feline enteritis, and i lost the third one to a heart defect. Fought a battle royal for them

THE SUN IS OUT; happy to sit out with my coffee

Enjoy that sun , its grey and murky in Dublin

One persons loss is another's gain :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Finally the lawn was dry enough to mow. I love the look and smell of a freshly mown lawn.

Good ould Friday. Sure yer only gargeous

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement