Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I love newfoundlands! the friendly giants.

This has brought back happy memories. I enjoyed the company of a Newfoundland many years ago. He was an absolute charm and used to pull a small cart of equipment for our project. His name was Jerome. Gentle giant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

We have an old ash tray on top of a crate outside in the back garden and it was filled with water and I just witnessed a wren washing itself in it :D, it was splashing around going mad in it :3.
    This has brought back happy memories. I enjoyed the company of a Newfoundland many years ago. He was an absolute charm and used to pull a small cart of equipment for our project. His name was Jerome. Gentle giant.

That is amazing, what was in the cart?

That is amazing, what was in the cart?

A tent, sleeping bags, supplies and scientific equipment mostly.

The light, between the showers, is refreshing today. Colour is returning and the Primroses, wood anemones, and bluebells in my small woodland are thriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Graces7 wrote: »
    Imagine how much they must eat... and the er... consequences!

That...is a very good point :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

45 minutes left in the working day, and I'm browsing the web with a cuppa and an easter egg. If only every afternoon could be like this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Peaceful early evening; rain on roof, critters fed and at rest. Work for my hands... a scatter of bright wools on my bed. Daffodls smiling gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Problem with my car turned out to only be a broken coil spring (caused by the state of the roads! :eek: ) All sorted and ready for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There seems to be a backlash against kitties lately, so for a change here are some piggies :P

a9ff12eb4a7fae84c0681a5eeb4a97df--baby-piglets-cute-piglets.jpg
    baby-piglets.jpg
    piglet-keeping-cool.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

My new diet is going great. Down 2 jeans sizes and already feeling much lighter on my feet after just three weeks. 7.5lbs down this week

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Well done Quazzie, that's amazing, wish I was that good on my diet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Well done Quazzie, that's amazing, wish I was that good on my diet!

Me too, I have the self control of an unsupervised 3 year old at a birthday party.
    Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Quazzie wrote: »
    My new diet is going great. Down 2 jeans sizes and already feeling much lighter on my feet after just three weeks. 7.5lbs down this week

I iz well jel!

Getting a haep of money at the weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭gifted

There seems to be a backlash against kitties lately, so for a change here are some piggies :P

a9ff12eb4a7fae84c0681a5eeb4a97df--baby-piglets-cute-piglets.jpg
    baby-piglets.jpg
    piglet-keeping-cool.jpg

I see rashers and sausages...yummy...lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Met the cutest pupperoo earlier - Simba - Husky/Pom - Pomsky. I want.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Kitties rule all :3

I got 73% in my Irish Aural test!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Try_harder wrote: »
    I got 73% in my Irish Aural test!

an-mhaith

Match Ticket - check!
    LDN-BDX - check!
    BDX-DUB - check!
    Guess I'm off to the ERC Champions Cup Semi!!!

an-mhaith

GRMA ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Over 20 years ago a lying little bollocks friend of my cousin told the younger me that his dad had a computer that could access all the arcade games around in Ireland at the time, one of which i was particularly obsessed with.

The weirdly obsessive young me pestered and bargained and stalked this young guy to find the house where my obsession was held within.

There was always an excuse, always some bull****, the grail was never found.
    Lying little turd and his random lying. I know now that such a system was not technically feasible at the time.

Tonight however it is.
    And all I had to do, upon recalling this earlier bullsht fest, was search an arcade game emulator and now, at my finger tips I have my precious, my obsession, my grail.

Although I may not be arsed with it at this stage I played some arcade games anyway, on my 'all the arcade games in the world' machine, just to spite the little bollox, and to satisfy my inner child.

Trivial thing made me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

^^ that made me laugh :)

TH, I've been so busy the last few days which is grand but today I'm looking forward to taking it easy, doing everything nice and slow and not rushing. I'm gonna start by making a really good big breakfast.

gifted wrote: »
    I see rashers and sausages...yummy...lol lol

I can enjoy them alive guilt free... Much more fun! Years ago I visited someone in an old folks home in deepest Cornwall and was greeted by a black Vietnamese pot bellied pig with tinsel round its neck .They are so intelligent and make great pets ( yes it was Christmas!)

One of my favourite places on God's earth was the Tradional Farms at Muckross in Killarney. Oh how I Miss that place.. Litters of newborn pigs, and tiny baby donkeys ..

The simple everyday pleasure of walking into the house to be met with a blast of warm air on a chilling morning.

Oh, and a warm smile from herself, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Road trip and shopping with my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Being on a minibreak in Killarney for the past 2 days

branie2 wrote: »
    Being on a minibreak in Killarney for the past 2 days

Can I come too please!I miss Killarney sooooooooo much.

clock watching to my early bed...day won through.. Wind howling but sun shining so warmer. love the sunshine..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Try_harder wrote: »
    Match Ticket - check!
    LDN-BDX - check!
    BDX-DUB - check!
    Guess I'm off to the ERC Champions Cup Semi!!!

The fact that I only have to go as far as Lansdowne Road for our semi :pac:

Nice hot cupan tae when I come in out of the cold.

• Advertisement

The smell of griddle scones cooking. That's supper sorted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement