Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game Chasers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Wish Ireland had all those cool stores!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Season 2 DVD available for pre order.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-game-chasers-season-2-dvd

Still haven't gotten around to watching season 1 yet =\

Sweet, pre-ordered the special edition there. No mystery game option this time though :( I haven't watched my season 1 yet either, I'll get to it...someday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I stumbled upon these a few days ago and I am a few episodes away from catching up.

It's addicting.

Episode 38 - Buried Treasure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNa6t_SlyAI

Finally found the time to start making my way through the dvd...what a great show :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is there much extra material on the dvd vs Youtube?

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there much extra material on the dvd vs Youtube?

There's a couple of mins of additional footage in each episode, they've all been red-edited too afailk. There's also a 'lost episode', & a generous quantity of additional bonus material too. Not to mention a whole extra disc packed with new stuff (so three discs in all if you managed to pre-order during the first wave) Definitely worth it :)

Something nice for any Game Chasers fans who might have not seen the activity in the marketplace - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057260175

The Game Chasers Take Magfest 2014 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p8QjvCtOEk

Are there any here getting the season 2 dvd?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I was thinking about it, if i had money in paypal i would be, right now im leaning towards not getting. ill probably regret it later.

keithgeo wrote: »
    I was thinking about it, if i had money in paypal i would be, right now im leaning towards not getting. ill probably regret it later.

46 hours left only, can you live with yourself not owning it? :D

haha dont tempt me.. ive spent a fortune recently on New baby related stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Myrddin wrote: »
    Are there any here getting the season 2 dvd?

I received a couple emails from them this morning, haven't read them yet though .

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I received a couple emails from them this morning, haven't read them yet though .

Yeah its just an option to upgrade to the special edition for those that chose the regular one, & another one just to remind folks to confirm addresses via the email address as Indiegogo screws up the address formatting etc

I caved... caved Big time.. season 2 special edition.. plus tshirt!.. ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Haha big time alright !!

I won't be getting the dvd, but I do love the show. Makes you sick to see such good finds.

Also Myrddin I'd like to help out for the good cause but it's at €390 now, any other way to participate?

Ed

Lol, good man Keith. Went for the signed special edition myself
    eddhorse wrote: »
    Also Myrddin I'd like to help out for the good cause but it's at €390 now, any other way to participate?

Ed

Yeah it has risen in price pretty quickly, it's amazing to see & a testament to the fantastic folks on here. As for helping in other ways, I really can't ask any more from the community dude but thanks very much for the sentiment :cool:

I emailed them and asked them to sign it too, i have the first season signed one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As for helping in other ways, I really can't ask any more from the community dude but thanks very much for the sentiment :cool:

Perhaps you could ask them for their bank account details.
    Add them into the auction so that people can throw a few euro their way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Agreed, you would have more than €405 at this stage !

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Definitely a good idea, I'm sure they have a way for folks to donate.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Agreed, you would have more than €405 at this stage !
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Definitely a good idea, I'm sure they have a way for folks to donate.

They do, there's a donation button, it's on the scholarship page that's linked to in the auction itself. It's how I'll be passing on the proceeds from the auction, & how I'll accredit the highest bidder (ie their username or real name will be listed on the donations page, alongside boards.ie & The Game Chasers)

A little birdie told me Atavan awoke this morning to find he has now pre-ordered The Game Chasers Season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

A little birdie told me Atavan awoke this morning to find he has now pre-ordered The Game Chasers Season 2

I wonder what additional strange things he ordered during his rampage?

2_euuurghh.gif

Episode 39 is out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOJyh5RhQJk Link also added to first post

Quick update on the season 2 dvd orders

Hmm the game chasers have parted ways from retro ware TV.. On good terms so they say. Because of something secret.. I smell a TV deal in the works.

I smell a TV deal in the works.

That would concern me being honest. I love the show because it's real, unlike tv shows of the same ilk many of which have been proven fake. Hopefully if it's true, the guys can retain most of the control over things.

• Advertisement

Comments on the Retroware departure...

Advertisement