Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small packets/ containers of whey protein?

Options
  • 07-11-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

i cant keep huge bundles of whey protein at home as my parents will find out!hehe!!! is there anywhere i can buy small , maybe sachets of whey, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Your parents will find out?

Do your parents know the truth about whey being steroids?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 1q2w3e4r5t

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Your parents will find out?

Do your parents know the truth about whey being steroids?

whey is the liquid remaining after milk has been curdled, as far as i know! my da is a former athlete , the reason i dont want them to know is cus he doesnt want me wasting my money on it, he knows its nothing bad he just says i can get protein from real foods. i know i can and i do aswell, its just i want to get leaner( not lik a bodybuilder cus im young haha but just kinda leaner and a bit bigger, im not skinny or small i just want to get leaner). is there any foods great for this, thank u

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Buy two 5lb bags, drink a full bag of it and do weights for half an hour, you'll be able to box the head of him if he gets angry at you for keeping the other bag. Big strong muscles on ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

hah, i was joking, but your dad is right, you don't need whey at all. Just sort your diet out.
    check out this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963342

loveBBhate wrote: »
    Buy two 5lb bags, drink a full bag of it and do weights for half an hour, you'll be able to box the head of him if he gets angry at you for keeping the other bag. Big strong muscles on ya.

hahahah thanx i keep that in mind!!!

• Advertisement

Zombienosh wrote: »
    hah, i was joking, but your dad is right, you don't need whey at all. Just sort your diet out.
    check out this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963342

i saw it, very easy to folow thanx man

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

1q2w3e4r5t wrote: »
    whey is the liquid remaining after milk has been curdled, as far as i know! my da is a former athlete , the reason i dont want them to know is cus he doesnt want me wasting my money on it, he knows its nothing bad he just says i can get protein from real foods.

Maybe work out how much protein their is in a 2.5kg bag of whey. They work out the equivalent amount of chicken breast. And compare the costs of both.
    It might but the whole wasting your money thing into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mellor wrote: »
    And compare the costs of both.
    +1, the cheaper wheys are a very good price per gram of protein.

Of course you can pay a fortune for some whey if you so wish, and if you are still going to be looking for small packs they might cost a fortune. Some people must figure "its expensive, it must be good". This was the most extreme example I have seen recently, not whey but glucose
    rubadub wrote: »
    Yep, the cheapest place for glucose is usually home brew shops now, usually called "brewing sugar".

First 2 hits on google, €2 per kilo in a brew shop

http://www.abbeygardensupplies.ie/brewing_products/brewing_equiptment/brewing_sugar_1kg_P634.html

Vs €20 per kilo here! (its a 500g tub for €10, both shops are dextrose)

http://www.powersupplements.ie/index.php/dextrose-powder.html

Advertisement