Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Looks like Smyths are releasing a day early. Just got mail to say my pre order was ready to collect

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How is it going to work if we've got two Switch consoles but own one physical cart?

It's very simple.
    Step 1. Place both Switch owners in a room.
    Step 2. Place a knife in the middle of the room
    Step 3. Lock the door and don't reopen it till the screaming stops.

Dunno if the Switch does an equivalent of Download Play that would let you visit as a guest, but I don't think AC has ever had that feature.

The price of the download on CDKeys was up and down like a yoyo yesterday morning between £49.99 and a superb £30.99 - you could cross your fingers that whomever was resting their cuppa on the Discount button yesterday accidentally does it again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pre load complete,first time ever playing an animal crossing game, so hope I like it, from videos I've watched I think I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The magic of Nook you need two carts to play simultaneously or switch the cart between switches GameStop Twitter seems to be saying Doom today Animal Crossing tomorrow to keep in line with social distancing. Still out of stock on Smyth's site and no sign on Argos yet neither

Smyths PreOrders dispatched yesterday so anxiously awaiting the Postman. Might have to hide it from the kids for a few weeks though so I can break it out when their stir-crazyness reaches it's peak, which is a pain - Cycling through enough games to push it off the front page every time I turn the switch off!

BTW if the social distancing is getting to you and you can't wait for AC:NH to arrive and deliver vicarious disease-free neighbours, there's a strange solace to getting the family around a PC and watching The Sims do all the things outside that you can't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Still out of stock on Smyth's site and no sign on Argos yet neither

Argos don't list stock until the item is for sale. Was the same with the Switch from what I remember. You had to be online when their database turned over (at like 5am or something) to order one on release day.

Smyths do similar, their website is linked to their stock database. If something can't be sold (ie. sold early), then it's listed as out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

AMGer wrote: »
    Looks like Smyths are releasing a day early. Just got mail to say my pre order was ready to collect

??? Which store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Amazon UK just shipped my copy. Will get it next week hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

dragona wrote: »
    ??? Which store?

I actually got a note with it, asking to keep quiet about it! Oops, wish they said that in the email earlier!!

Few hours in, it’s getting fairly addictive already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

AMGer wrote: »
    I actually got a note with it, asking to keep quiet about it! Oops, wish they said that in the email earlier!!

Few hours in, it’s getting fairly addictive already

Post a pic of the game with top of receipt please. Then the rest of us can grab our copies.

Seems every other country has broken street date except for Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

got our e-mail from Smyth's in Cork today too to say Pre-order ready for collection, went to collect it there now and i am currently playing it, it came with the free notebook and stickers also. The woman in front of me was collecting her animal crossing Console.

in my opinion i reckon they are trying to stagger pre-order numbers to avoid a run on them tomorrow.

(pre ordered very early Feb)

Any chance of a pic Gru?

Not the full receipt just the game and the smyths logo.

I’m wary of shops closing overnight and in particular GameStop who made a call to us saying it’s later opening in the morning. Rather get it now than wait months.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From the News and Releases thread:
    Just a quick update to confirm our stores will be open for you to collect your order. You will receive an email and a text message when your order is ready for collection. Please only come to our store to collect your order when you have received notification that it is ready.

To ensure the health and safety of all our customers and staff we will be implementing social distancing in our stores. Social distancing is where we keep two metres apart to help stop the spread of the virus. Therefore, we will be restricting the number of collections at any one time. If there is a queue when collecting your order, please keep a distance of two metres between you and other people.

Don't go until you get your text/email. It could be a wasted journey.

How big is that update patch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Gone up slightly but cheaper in £ (£41.99 right now) so evens out give or take. All pre loaded now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hoping my pre-order goody will be included, I think it's a bag from GS

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any idea when the preloads unlock?

That’s depending on if they open.

Probably same thing little miss sparks pre booked :(

I’m still not great atm. So sending Warrior sparks in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Any idea when the preloads unlock?

Midnight! Or thereabouts...usually at least 5 minutes late

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sparks43 wrote: »
    That’s depending on if they open.

Probably same thing little miss sparks pre booked :(

I’m still not great atm. So sending Warrior sparks in the morning

I called them yesterday and they assured me that the Swords branch would be open from 10:00 to 17:00, so I'm banking on that.
    I'd say it would be commercial suicide if they missed this launch, along with Doom Eternal.

I'll slip out on my break and grab my copy, Cidonalad can play it on his own Switch and let me know how awesome it is.
    I'll be too busy playing Doom Eternal on the Stadia!

• Advertisement

Delivered to the doorstep. But I'm off with the kids and wife is working from home, can't be seen to be cheating at parenting *too* early in the day :)

Everyone can rest easy now, I got both my copy of Animal Crossing and my new bag...

In other news, the staff are very unhappy.
    The government suggests they should be closed, but this mornings email from head office keeps them open...
    I reassured the staff they really shouldn't be open any more.

I called my Island Bikini Btm

I called my Island Bikini Btm

Mine is Skellig :)

Just paid off the first loan with Nook Miles and now just roaming, gathering things to sell and weeding the bits of the island I can access :)

I'm close to paying the bar steward

Just realised you can show bugs and fish to Tom Nook to encourage a new development on the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Am I mad to be considering buying this while I'm neck deep in the Witcher and have a new baby in the house? :D

It's very engaging so far the tasks are quick but there is a lot to do and figure out it's definitely gonna be a game you won't want to put down until you've done what needs to be done it's great so far after near 3 hours of play I'm not bored yet

• Advertisement

xckjoo wrote: »
    Am I mad to be considering buying this while I'm neck deep in the Witcher and have a new baby in the house? :D

It can be a waiting game as well. I've reached the point on day 1 where not much new can happen so I'll probably leave it until tomorrow. It's done in real time so day time here is the same as day time in the game, night time, morning etc. I might dip in tonight to see what nighttime in the game is like.

I've an 8 month old at home and it'll probably be short bursts during their naps and some play during lunchtime at work for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement