Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

This should end my splatoon days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Maybe it was the lack of a familiar theme, but I'm a tad underwhelmed tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm reserving judgement til I see this gameplay footage. I'm also hoping the NX version will look even prettier/the landscape more alive. The clip they showed looked a little baron to me.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm reserving judgement til I see this gameplay footage. I'm also hoping the NX version will look even prettier/the landscape more alive. The clip they showed looked a little baron to me.

It did look barren & empty, gorgeous mind, but a bit soul-less for want of a better description. Don't get me wrong, I'm up there with the biggest of Zelda fans, but I admit to not feeling any particular excitement for this based on the trailer. I'm sure though it'll be stellar in the end.

Was that the supposed Wii U version? If so, it looks a bit beyond what the Wii U can pull off, but not quite as nice as I thought the NX would be...

I take it back, the game itself looks very interesting :)

• Advertisement

Yeah looks very promising. So hard to judge when we've seen so little of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks awesome, do ye think there will be any differences between the WII U version and NX?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,119 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Looks awesome, do ye think there will be any differences between the WII U version and NX?

Higher resolution, more enemies and items on screen, maybe a bit sharper, bigger draw distance. I don't know, just guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,292 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

IGN was talking about Amiibo.

3 Amiibo coming: Link in bow shooting stance, Link on horseback and guardian with posable tentacles.

And the Wolf Link Amiibo functionality is
    The Amiibo will bring out wolf link as a companion that will stay until he runs out of hearts and can only be summoned once per day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I love the look of it - am I alone in getting a vibe that this is very much a spiritual successor to Windwaker?? The cel shading, the stealing your enemies' weapons, the continuity of the overworld (I admit most of WW's was underwater :) ), the whole 'lost Hyrule' thing?

Can't frigging wait tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

WiiU version will be €89 NX version €109 but will include a poster and maybe a copy of Just dance 2017
    WiiU version will be released 3 weeks after the NX version

WiiU version will have paid Dlc Nx versions dlc will unlock via nfc witha WiiU that must not have been turned on in 18 months.

Nx version will have an unlockable version of Boulder Dash :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sparks43 wrote: »
    WiiU version will be €89 NX version €109 but will include a poster and maybe a copy of Just dance 2017

WiiU version will have paid Dlc Nx versions dlc will unlock via nfc witha WiiU that must not have been turned on in 18 months.

Who said you could post again!?
    Back under the bridge, troll!! ;)

Aonuma when asked if the NX version will have any exclusive features said that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the “same experience” on Nintendo NX as on Wii U.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sparks43 wrote: »

I cant tell if you being serious or not?

:pac:

sligeach wrote: »
    Aonuma when asked if the NX version will have any exclusive features said that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the “same experience” on Nintendo NX as on Wii U.

If that is indeed the case Maybe its time to invest in a WII U then and get the xeno game too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I cant tell if you being serious or not?

:pac:

I think cidona lad could enlighten you on that :D

Although Troll :eek::confused: Im not a troll :(

They just confirmed in an interview that the game will have no towns. They clarified that it's a Hyrule in ruins and they took direct inspiration from the world of the NES LOZ. They did confirm that there will be a handful of stray NPCs throughout the world but no towns or villages in the traditional sense. Also, they claimed that Link will not have any kind of partner and will be exploring alone for the entire game.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1233595

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They just showed a trial room with a freeze time rune (as well as freezing time, you can smash things to build up kinetic energy and watch them fly when time unfreezes). Very clever. I can imagine some of the later puzzles that use that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Mr E wrote: »
    They just showed a trial room with a freeze time rune (as well as freezing time, you can smash things to build up kinetic energy and watch them fly when time unfreezes). Very clever. I can imagine some of the later puzzles that use that.

That was so cool, i envisage a boss battle where you have to launch things at the boss by using that mechanic.

Cooking hot peppers to give you cold resistance... nice.

• Advertisement

That old guy in the robe reminds me of Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule from the windwaker.

They just confirmed in an interview that the game will have no towns. They clarified that it's a Hyrule in ruins and they took direct inspiration from the world of the NES LOZ. They did confirm that there will be a handful of stray NPCs throughout the world but no towns or villages in the traditional sense. Also, they claimed that Link will not have any kind of partner and will be exploring alone for the entire game.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1233595

There are towns, just not shown in E3.

Bill trinens after saying that there will be towns and other characters when you get further into the game, but the E3 version is meant not to spoil the story.

snap :)

Poor bill looked so nervous

Those shrines look amazing. I'd be happy with a few dozen of those (in lieu of lots of full dungeons)

yep, definitely especially one as puzzley as that last one.

I just read that you can go straight to the final boss at the start of the game (if you want!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The game looks great. I loved the trailer, and I like that Link seems to be using some technology instead of magic, which looked interesting.

Will be getting this for NX in all likelihood, and I hope they show it running on the NX soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Mr E wrote: »
    Those shrines look amazing. I'd be happy with a few dozen of those (in lieu of lots of full dungeons)

There is meant to be near 100 shrines as well as full dungeons. Not 100% but have heard talk of it.

Kinda sad to hear of no towns, does make sense in that this is a barren, abandoned landscape. Wonder if its just after Wind Waker, when the sea has receded and nobody has recolonized the land. Also explains the Master Sword lying rusted in the grove, the Zelda and Link (plus possibly Ganondorf) bloodlines have all left to the new continent in Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    There is meant to be near 100 shrines as well as full dungeons. Not 100% but have heard talk of it.

Kinda sad to hear of no towns, does make sense in that this is a barren, abandoned landscape. Wonder if its just after Wind Waker, when the sea has receded and nobody has recolonized the land. Also explains the Master Sword lying rusted in the grove, the Zelda and Link (plus possibly Ganondorf) bloodlines have all left to the new continent in Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.

But there will be towns and other characters in the game, the E3 demo deliberately avoided / excluded these so as not to spoil the game, They appear later in the game, Bill trinen confirmed this during one of the playthroughs.

actually now that i think about it, it makes me wonder if the race of the characters that appear in the towns is meant to be a big surprise. robots to fit with the technology theme? :D

Nintendo/The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Booth Tour (E3 2016)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoMo1PnV3AU

It looks really nice.

The map is huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,292 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, don't see us finishing it in a day. Maybe in a weekend if we don't sleep too much or at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

actually now that i think about it, it makes me wonder if the race of the characters that appear in the towns is meant to be a big surprise. robots to fit with the technology theme? :D

There's going to be a whole village of female Link NPCs for you to befriend, woo or employ for exotic dancing in an effort to compete with the Mass Effects, Witchers and Harvest Moon Nights of the world...

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    There's going to be a whole village of female Link NPCs for you to befriend, woo or employ for exotic dancing in an effort to compete with the Mass Effects, Witchers and Harvest Moon Nights of the world...

Nice, i hope there's a huggy bear costume in a chest to put on link and a jewel encrusted cane because i know which route im choosing.

50 Facts About Zelda: Breath of the Wild You May Have Missed | E3 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dIlT_fB5EM

E3 2016: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD MIGHT BE THE OPEN WORLD ZELDA WE ALWAYS WANTED

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/06/14/e3-2016-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-hands-on-preview?page=1

Hands on impressions plus interview with Aonuma.

Edit: Another great interview with Aonuma, this time over on Gamespot.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Biggest Nintendo Game Ever Made

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-the-biggest-nintendo-g/1100-6440923/

Nintendo finally gave fans a good, long look at the next installment in the beloved Zelda franchise at E3, and if the hype before the trailer and game footage wasn't at volcanic levels, it certainly is now. Especially when everyone saw just how vast and open the world was, which was a very important concept for the Zelda team to get right. 

"As [Eiji] Aonuma and the team were thinking about what to do next with Zelda, this thought of exploration, open air, the ability for you, if you want, to go try and take on the big bad boss right at the get go...it won't go so well, but you can!" Reggie tells us. "You have all of that freedom. That's what they wanted. … The game is a masterpiece."

http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/773607/nintendo-boss-finally-confirms-the-absolute-worst-item-in-mario-kart
    Monolith Is Helping Work On The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

The developers of Xenoblade Chronicles X are helping Nintendo with the massive task of building The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s open world.

Last year while speaking with Xenoblade Chronicles X’s directors Tetsuya Takahashi and Genki Yokota we learned that the team at Monolith was interested in taking its expertise with open world games and helping develop the next Zelda. This didn’t seem too unreasonable since the team at Monolith had previously worked on Skyward Sword as well. This year we learned that Monolith would continue this tradition by helping shape The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

During an interview at E3, legendary developer Shigeru Miyamoto told us, “Yes they are involved in this Zelda. People from Tokyo and Kyoto are working together on this. There is a team of over 100 [from Monolith] helping work on this project, and their work has really been helpful.”

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/17/monolith-is-helping-work-on-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.aspx

Monolith Is Helping Work On The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

The developers of Xenoblade Chronicles X are helping Nintendo with the massive task of building The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s open world.

Last year while speaking with Xenoblade Chronicles X’s directors Tetsuya Takahashi and Genki Yokota we learned that the team at Monolith was interested in taking its expertise with open world games and helping develop the next Zelda. This didn’t seem too unreasonable since the team at Monolith had previously worked on Skyward Sword as well. This year we learned that Monolith would continue this tradition by helping shape The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

During an interview at E3, legendary developer Shigeru Miyamoto told us, “Yes they are involved in this Zelda. People from Tokyo and Kyoto are working together on this. There is a team of over 100 [from Monolith] helping work on this project, and their work has really been helpful.”

This is shaping up to be the magnus opus of the zelda franchise, the open world of xenoblade x was beautiful and fun to explore, it was easily my favourite game for the wii u, With monolith helping it could be amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The minute I saw the new Zelda footage I was saying to myself 'that's the Xenoblade engine'. Looks like I was right.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Wii U E3 2016 Gameplay Frame-Rate Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtfbm0HDhiU

Here's just under 30 minutes of footage from E3. Really does looking fun to play and the map is massive. Towns will be present in the full game, just not shown so as not to spoil anything.
    Sliding about on your shield looks great fun, almost like 1080°

Looked like the game froze on them at the 25:28 mark, they looked a little uncomfortable just after it. Or maybe it was a deliberate cut. Plenty of time to iron out aby bugs if it was one anyway. :)

Why The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is getting voice acting and sci-fi elements

Zelda’s producers wants to touch players’ hearts and surprise them

If you’ve been reading our E3 coverage of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, then you already know that this is a game that really messes with the conventions of the series. It’s doing a lot of things very differently from what we’ve come to expect from 3D Zelda games, such as featuring a giant open world and allowing players to finish the game without finishing the story.

There are two tiny but important elements that many fans have been wondering about, though. First off, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the first Zelda game to feature voice acting — though it will not be fully voiced.

"It’s really difficult to leave an impression on players with just text," Breath of the Wild producer Eiji Aonuma told Polygon. "It’s not that I made everything voiced. But I have these moments where I want to leave impressions on users. I add voice there."

Aonuma recalled a moment early in the new game’s development where he first heard a character with "actual human voice." According to the long-time Zelda developer, that moment "touched [his] heart" and "was really striking emotions."

However, Aonuma reiterated that the series’ protagonist, Link, will be remaining voiceless for the foreseeable future.

"If Link said something the user doesn’t agree with, that relationship between the user and Link would be lost," said Aonuma. "That’s why I chose not to go with that."

Another somewhat significant shift for the series is in embracing bits of science fiction and technology. In Breath of the Wild’s opening moments, Link wakes up in a shallow pool of water, climbing out of a strange, high-tech tomb located somewhere called the "Shrine of Resurrection." Fans immediately picked up on the more futuristic look and feel, and Aonuma confirmed that’s on purpose.

"There is a little bit of a sci-fi element to it," he said. "Link basically adventures through a ruined world. I wanted to add technology as the opposite side of that. I thought it would be interesting for Link to use technology to explore through this wild and ruined world. I figured that would add another layer to the game."

Though he was careful not to spoil anything, Aonuma also hinted that the technology at the heart of Breath of the Wild very well may have played a part in the world being "corrupted."

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/21/11996478/why-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-getting-voice-acting-and-sci-fi-elements

Miyamoto on Breath of the Wild's Innovations and Zelda's Future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zjd4A5GDOo

Catapult made in Link - The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch_i9ovV2KI

Reminded me of this classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8jGqdE2iw

There's going to be some weird things flying through the air. Is it a bird, is it a plane? No but pigs might literally fly in this game.

77 Little Things in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's E3 Demo That Will Blow Your Mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5otGDxR55c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

where will it be better to play- Wii U or Nintendo NX?

Doodleking wrote: »
    where will it be better to play- Wii U or Nintendo NX?

I'd imagine somewhere in your home would be the best place to play, unless NX has some portable element. ;)

NX should be the definitive version.

• Advertisement
Advertisement