Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Happy4all wrote: »
    another household member has signed up.

Has anyone noticed - are your coupons or scratch cards reduced if two of you sign up in the same house?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Had the beef medallions from the previous round of offers, very meh and I wouldnt buy them again for 1.99 dont mind 3.99. Not sure what part of the cow they came from to deserve the name medallions but my sharp steak knife was having trouble cutting through them.
    I said the same a while back after buying 2 packs, never again, I sliced my last one into thin strips and threw it in a stir-fry with loads of soy sauce, that was okay. Anyone thinking they can sear them in a pan and eat it like a rib-eye is in for disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Edit*

On second look I did get the scratch card.

Last one I got was the €1 voucher on Saturday.

Today, I got Rice Pudding :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Anyone else find the placement of the scanner at the tills pure awkward? Like you have to dip your hand and manoeuvre your phone in a certain way to get it to the reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭obi604

Anyone else find the placement of the scanner at the tills pure awkward? Like you have to dip your hand and manoeuvre your phone in a certain way to get it to the reader.

Yep. It’s awkward. Between this and the manually activation codes, going to shop to find the items and they are gone.........it’s not really worth the hassle. But I get a fancy digital receipt :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Very disappointed with this app after the excitement of the first two weeks coupons. I feel they are only promoting brands and their own brand products which are probably over priced in the first place and can afford to give a crappy enough €1 off or €1.50 off.

Roast in the bag chicken, beef medallions for **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Has anyone noticed - are your coupons or scratch cards reduced if two of you sign up in the same house?

Nope, exactly the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Very disappointed with this app after the excitement of the first two weeks coupons. I feel they are only promoting brands and their own brand products which are probably over priced in the first place and can afford to give a crappy enough €1 off or €1.50 off.

Roast in the bag chicken, beef medallions for **** sake.

Those bagged chickens are constantly in the reduced section, few people seem to buy them. I wonder if you'd get another 1.50 off the reduced price with the app :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Zebrag

I'm really not impressed with the selection of coupons this week to be honest.

I might get the chicken and make a mini chicken roast dinner for Sunday but other than that I'm not too fussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Quackster wrote: »
    Or pop them in the Foodcloud collection trolley on the way out.
    That's a great idea. I don't like rich tea biscuits either, or many of the other freebies, but if I can give them to a good cause that's great..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

My Experience with this app is a bit meh, its losing my loyalty as a lidl customer. Used to go to lidl for good deals on quality products, now there's no deals (bulk buys) and the stuff on offer is pretty rubbish. Prices have been creeping up too. Apps like this are supposed to build loyalty but this Ain't. just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Plum tomatoes in the app now

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

not a fan of the app either, its appears to be going down very fast. I was in this morning doing my shopping and loads of people just passed the offers, they must be obviously not impressed !

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

On the plus side next weeks offers should be better

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

You would not want to bet on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

123654789 wrote: »
    Those bagged chickens are constantly in the reduced section, few people seem to buy them. I wonder if you'd get another 1.50 off the reduced price with the app :D:D

I got the discount on top on the 1/4 pounders reduced by 30%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

At the way the app is going you would have more chance of a deal with the Too Good to Waste etc stickers (90c for four chicken burgers)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

jeffk wrote: »
    At the way the app is going you would have more chance of a deal with the Too Good to Waste etc stickers (90c for four chicken burgers)

Got a stuffed chicken crown from Salmonella Corner for 90c a couple of weeks ago. It was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

"Salmonella Corner" Love it!:D
    Got a stuffed chicken crown from Salmonella Corner for 90c a couple of weeks ago. It was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not much there for me this week anyway and the free 27c packet of Rich Tea wont be dragging me down there.

Whats the idea of roast chicken in a bag anyway, surely that would just steam the bird and you'd end up with a slimey yellow chicken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Nothing great in this weeks offers, and a lot of what I wanted from last week was out of stock for the last few days.

Between that and some of the vouchers deactivating themselves randomly on me, I'm a bit underwhelmed with it.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not much there for me this week anyway and the free 27c packet of Rich Tea wont be dragging me down there.

Whats the idea of roast chicken in a bag anyway, surely that would just steam the bird and you'd end up with a slimey yellow chicken

About 20 minutes to go you take it out to crisp it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Got the chicken last time and have to say it was quite tasty. Will have it again at the weekend. A few things were out of stock this week but I went back again a different day and they were back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Pink lady apples yet again, is this the 4th time?
    €1.99 with the discount whereas aldi have a pack of 8 for 99c.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

123654789 wrote:
    Pink lady apples yet again, is this the 4th time? €1.99 with the discount whereas aldi have a pack of 8 for 99c.

Normal size vs kids size.

Going rate for normal size PL apples is 50c per apple. I like them so don't mind at all this keeps coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Methinks people are expecting a bit too much from the offers, they're not going to have 4-6 items that suit everyone every week.

If you do your shopping in Lidl then just treat the offers as what they are - a Brucie Bonus if they happen to be for something you would have bought anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Excellent quality products at reasonable prices
    yet folk still complain

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

123654789 wrote: »

I asked in my local store today about this and the girl said yes youd get the coupon discount off the reduced price

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭blade1

zell12 wrote: »
    Excellent quality products at reasonable prices
    yet folk still complain

If they were giving away the cure for covid I bet someone would complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Offers from Thursday 1st October
    €1.50 off comfort Fabric Conditioner.
    50% off smoked Cheddar cheese roll.
    €1 off mini Bockwurst.
    50% off Gosh! Vegetarian Snacks.
    €2 Nescafé Gold blend.
    50% of My Waidi Orange and Pineapple.
    €1.50 off two Cod fillets.
    50c off Gelatellu premium ice-cream.
    €1 off Heinz Tomato Ketchup. 570grams