Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Sapsorrow: Is there any more pictures of the clothes from that show? I wanted to go but it would have costed too much. €20 for a ticket, taxi in and out from work, I'd have to have drinks and I would have liked to bring my sister.
    Brothers girlfriend picked up primer in a fuel station on the way home from Dublin.... God knows which one!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Have you got any pics of you wearing them? From the picture threads on this site, I can see you have a lovely figure but it'd just be great to see the dress on a non-model!*

* Unless you are a model. :D:o

I don't have any I'm afraid! And defo no model! I'm a size ten, 5' 7", if that makes any difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Aw thanks Lind! Can you believe I've internetless all this time :eek:

207628.jpg

My clothes at a recent fashion show here in Cork!

Ah, fab! A friend of mine had clothes in that show too :)

This may sound a little prissy, but bear with me!!
    At the weekend on a trip back home, my wallet zip broke so I spotted a cute polka dot one in AWear; they had polka for ones, ones with stars, ducks etc.. Really cute and not expensive ( I feel prissy because it was only 6euro!) . Had a look inside and it had all I wanted; a zipped section, space for a photo and lots of pockets for cards. Great.

On the way back to London I did the transfer; only to discover the card sections don't hold the card unless the cards are wedged in; I could only fit one card in and even that was a struggle! The cards ate standard size credit card, boots card, extra vision card etc, not a big size! Basically I fitted about four cards in and they are wedged in so much it will be a pain getting them out every time; I just though wallets should be pretty standard?

The moaning Michael in me wanted to write as I can't callback to the shop... Is it worth it just for the email sake? I really have feck all to do!

Wallet is so cute other than its not fit for purpose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Sapsorrow: Is there any more pictures of the clothes from that show? I wanted to go but it would have costed too much. €20 for a ticket, taxi in and out from work, I'd have to have drinks and I would have liked to bring my sister.

I'll pm you now!
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    Ah, fab! A friend of mine had clothes in that show too :)

Oh cool! What's her name, I probably know her!

^ Geraldine! She has red hair like you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

This may sound a little prissy, but bear with me!!
    At the weekend on a trip back home, my wallet zip broke so I spotted a cute polka dot one in AWear; they had polka for ones, ones with stars, ducks etc.. Really cute and not expensive ( I feel prissy because it was only 6euro!) . Had a look inside and it had all I wanted; a zipped section, space for a photo and lots of pockets for cards. Great.

On the way back to London I did the transfer; only to discover the card sections don't hold the card unless the cards are wedged in; I could only fit one card in and even that was a struggle! The cards ate standard size credit card, boots card, extra vision card etc, not a big size! Basically I fitted about four cards in and they are wedged in so much it will be a pain getting them out every time; I just though wallets should be pretty standard?

The moaning Michael in me wanted to write as I can't callback to the shop... Is it worth it just for the email sake? I really have feck all to do!

Wallet is so cute other than its not fit for purpose!

Go for it!! If they dont get customer feedback they'll keep making them wrong like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Spent the past couple of weeks doing a huge clear out including about 25 black bags of my clothes and shoes and made a pledge not to buy anymore things as I still have so much I haven't even worn......but then I saw these Dr Martens on Branch309 for £45.
    51gDpYmRRkL.jpg
    But luckily they are sold out in my size! They are having a sale on other dr martens too....must resist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got the Benefit The Porefessional yesterday in Cards & Things in Mullingar, they had a few of them left.

I want to get That Gal Primer too, hopefully will find it today :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

lindtee wrote: »
    But luckily they are sold out in my size! They are having a sale on other dr martens too....must resist!

I was looking at those too, hovering over the buy button! Can't for the life of me figure out what I'd wear them with though, I'm not really one for heels and I'd feel too tall in 'em. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Does anyone know roughly when/ how often Debenhams do their Blue Cross sale? I've picked out bridesmaids dresses from there with my bridesmaids but I may as well get them for the best price possible!

Forgive me if I'm harsh here folks, but had a look at the photos from the Tony Awards and Marketa Iglova's choice of attire is..rather interesting.
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0611/tonys.html

I liked her 'no fuss/down to earth charm when she became a 'celebrity' when Once came out, Im sure the dress is lovely but the choice of shoes?
    Did I miss something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Forgive me if I'm harsh here folks, but had a look at the photos from the Tony Awards and Marketa Iglova's choice of attire is..rather interesting.

I liked her 'no fuss/down to earth charm when she became a 'celebrity' when Once came out, Im sure the dress is lovely but the choice of shoes?
    Did I miss something?

the Vibram shoes? they're getting pretty big these days, ideally for running/sport but have started to become really fashionable.

really want a pair myself too :)

f7451ddd-814b-4f2b-b339-71d9b9da5aeb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Did I miss something?

Why why why would people wear these outside or the gym/working out enviroment? :confused:

I think they are vile looking. I'm not a fan of toes :D

So I've a wedding to go to and I've bought a stupid amount of dresses but anyway I've seen two more that I like.

Which to people think is nicer?

Lipsy
    4hqopl.jpg

MissSelfridge
    2aetqp4.jpg

• Advertisement

I think the first one is totally breathtaking Stenchy!!

First one is gorgeous. Second is unremarkable, nothing stands out from it. Number one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

What's people's opinions on this dress?

http://store.americanapparel.eu/rsavv358.html

Thinking about getting it in black, but can't make up my mind, as velvet can be tricky. I LOVE the double U-neck though. What say ye? :)

I plumped for this one in the end:

http://www.asos.com//American-Apparel/American-Apparel-Long-Sleeved-Mini-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1905817

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Another vote for the first one here Stenchblossoms! I think its gorgeous and perfect for a Summer wedding. I think the peblum dresses are too "trendy" and probably loads will be wearing similar dresses. I don't much like the print either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think I want a pair of the vibrams even more considering the extreme reactions they get, be a proper fashion terrorist. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh, that first dress is so beautiful, Stench! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

First dress.

Love that! Has it arrived yet? Are the sleeves long? I'd buy as long as the sleeves are long enough...long arms here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Love that! Has it arrived yet? Are the sleeves long? I'd buy as long as the sleeves are long enough...long arms here!

It's going to delievered to my parent's house, I'll be there in a week and a half. I'll let you know then! ;)

€39 from Debenhams :D

Miss KG Gold Licorice Flat shoes

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1361/img2174h.jpg

Photo from City Girl Fashion Box Blog
    These arrived today via courier, however Debenhams never sent me an email saying they had been dispatched, so watch out for that if you've ordered from them, they don't always send dispatch emails.

Love the shoes though, wore them today for the first time, they are so comfortable :D

Dolorous wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly when/ how often Debenhams do their Blue Cross sale? I've picked out bridesmaids dresses from there with my bridesmaids but I may as well get them for the best price possible!
    I can't help with the Blue Cross sale, but I got an email from Debenhams today saying their half price sale is now on, I don't know if it is of any use to you but said I'd post it up anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

right i have a job interview tomorrow

would i get away with this top with a black blazer, black skirt, tights and black heels??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79172591&postcount=6348

^ It looks a little bit sheer on the model. Is it? If it's even kind of see through, I'd put a cami underneath it, just for professionalism seeing as it is an interview.

Novella wrote: »
    ^ It looks a little bit sheer on the model. Is it? If it's even kind of see through, I'd put a cami underneath it, just for professionalism seeing as it is an interview.

yea its extremely sheer but i have a black or grey tank top to wear underneath it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Got a white one? I think it would look better with white under it.

Also, I need to see you soon.

• Advertisement

yea its extremely sheer but i have a black or grey tank top to wear underneath it!

Cool :) Good luck with the interview, hope you get the job :)

I can't help with the Blue Cross sale, but I got an email from Debenhams today saying their half price sale is now on, I don't know if it is of any use to you but said I'd post it up anyway :)

Thanks Muffin! Unfortunately the dresses I want aren't in the sale (booo!) But at least the girls have tried them on now, so when they do go on sale I can snap 'em up straight away :)

Got a white one? I think it would look better with white under it.

Also, I need to see you soon.

Nope i dont! Ill just have to use the black for now!!

Any yes you do....its been too long!

Does anyone know what the deal is with that website mandmdirect.ie ?

I'm just wondering why their gear is so cheap. I want to but good running shoes and they have some there for good money off but I don't want to be sold knockoffs or anything.

Has anyone dealt with them before?

M&M Direct are the real deal, I suppose they're a bit like an online TK Maxx! Never had any problems with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

I've also used M&M direct a lot. Never had any problems at all with them. Saw an ad yesterday for an extra €5 off if you enter SUNW at the checkout (I didn't buy the sunday world, it was lying on the seat beside me :P).

Today's paper (metro in London!) had voucher for Instyle magazine: you can get it for a pound... Best thing is that you either get 2 Body Shop eyeliners (worth 16pounds) OR big and curvy Body Shop mascara worth a tenner !! Two pounds gets all that!!!!

Have tonnes of vouchers teehee!! 'twas well hidden on page 51!!

So I've a wedding to go to and I've bought a stupid amount of dresses but anyway I've seen two more that I like.

Which to people think is nicer?

Lipsy
    4hqopl.jpg

So I wore this dress and someone else wore it as well. Small enough wedding so EVERYBODY noticed.

So ...I went home and got changed....and so did she :D

Had a good laugh about it.

That's the second one of my ultimate fears after happening me (the other was dropping my dinner plate in the canteen :) )

^ Nooo! At least ye were both close enough to home to change!

Looked fab on though in the picture you put up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Was going to start a new thread but decided I asked yer opinions instead! :) So I'm going to my debs in two months time and I just realized that I'd want to start thinking of getting a dress. I don't really like the generic plain blue/red/pink satin dresses with loads of embellishments so I was thinking maybe a different one? I don't think I'd be brave enough to go for a short/cocktail dress so I don't feel there's many other options out there. I've found one but I'm not sure if it's really appropriate here. Just wondering what anyone of your opinions would be on this or have any suggestions? Thanks :)

M&S* wrote: »
    Was going to start a new thread but decided I asked yer opinions instead! :) So I'm going to my debs in two months time and I just realized that I'd want to start thinking of getting a dress. I don't really like the generic plain blue/red/pink satin dresses with loads of embellishments so I was thinking maybe a different one? I don't think I'd be brave enough to go for a short/cocktail dress so I don't feel there's many other options out there. I've found one but I'm not sure if it's really appropriate here. Just wondering what anyone of your opinions would be on this or have any suggestions? Thanks :)
    I've seen loads of girls wearing dresses like that at debs so I'd say you'll be grand with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

If you're looking for simple dresses that aren't satiny I got mine in sheena's boutique on Oliver plunkett street. I was the same as you in that I didn't want a typical debs dress and they had some nice dresses! Pamela Scott is worth a look too :)

Edit: that dress you linked would be lovely for a debs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Question for the UK based ladies of the forum - I'm in the UK for the next 3 weeks and wondering what brands (Clothes/beauty wise) is about that you can't get in Ireland worth having a look at?? I'm based in Liverpool. :)

M&S* wrote: »

M&S* that dress is fabulous :) don't feel like you have to wear a particular type of dress. Mine came to my knee and I got it in AlWear the day before my debs.... (I was really only going for the party :pac:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ah the debs, I loved my dress :) Got it about 7 months before the event, at a sample sale for only €70! Alterations were about €20. It was chocolate brown, full length and I wore a leopard print cropped jacket over it. Too bad the night was crap!

• Advertisement

I got mine in Monsoon. Was quite pricey, but my Mother paid for it for some absurd reason. And I still had to get alterations on it! Nice dress actually, pity I ruined it at the debs..

I got mine in Monsoon. Was quite pricey, but my Mother paid for it for some absurd reason. And I still had to get alterations on it! Nice dress actually, pity I ruined it at the debs..

My mother bought mine as well. I thought that was the norm though.

^ Yeah I just don't know why she paid so much for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Mine was €59 at a knackery shop in a shopping centre (it sold pink velour tracksuits with a backwards playboy bunny on them...) and there in the corner was the dress. Wasn't looking for it, just saw it and knew. Wish I could fit back into it, it's beautiful :( Red strapless cocktail dress, to the knee, with black lace over the red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I had my dress made, it cost E200. E100 for the materials and E100 to be made. The lady who made the dress is a good friend of the family though so she probably charged a very reduced price for the labour.:p I loved it, it was a coffee brown, and had a drape over the front and back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement