Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following John Best

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,398 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I have a free ten euro bet and for reasons I don't quite know, I have placed it on Lupo D'oro at Lingfield tomorrow
    :o
    Haha, I have as well. It and Swendab I feel have a good chance off low marks, but 20/1 is a very good price for Lupo.

20/1 to 5/1.

could this be the day.

2:50 Chelmsford - Stone Of Folca (7/1) once rated as high as 104, down to 78. Without doubt the class horse of this race, only question is whether it goes on the AW. If his stable star can't win a class 4 race, then maybe Best would be better off packing it in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

I've spent a fair bit of time trying to save you some cash Francie and I've made a fair chunk of cash from horses who have left the stable, but today I'm actually on a John Best runner! :eek:

Not Stone of Folca though, Berrahri in the previous race at 12/1 (now with a 10p rule 4). He's no sure thing and the race isn't an easy one for the grade. As with any 12/1 shot he's more likely to lose than win. But I think he could go close and the 12/1 was very fair.

AstraOwner wrote: »
    I've spent a fair bit of time trying to save you some cash Francie
    I haven't lost money though.

6 picks. Sabre Rock placed at 18/1. Lupo D'oro placed at 20/1. Would always do a double digit price ew.

• Advertisement

Good on ya Francie

https://www.facebook.com/BBCSouthEastToday

Video on John Best's new setup somewhere on that page. Also read in the Racingpost that the new facility has a 5 furlong AW gallops and Stone Of Folca has been thriving on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Just had a winner there

Berrahri messed the break totally but ran a very decent race and passed most of the field before the finish.

Stone of Folca missed it too but ran a bit sh1t. He might have needed it.

Best actually had a winner with his other runner, Gung Ho Jack.

Few of his horses going well since the change of stables. Now it's worth keeping an eye on things.

Had a horse place today at 16/1. Looks like the change of scenery is paying off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

It cant be done

Another winner for John. He could have plenty of winners over the coming months, as so many of them are now rated so low.

A winner at the weekend in St Moritz and another winner today at Lingfield.

Already passed 2014's tally of winners. Money to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I was on Gung Ho Jack like a hot snot at 6-1, though it was available at 9-1 in the morning. He has 3 down to go
    on Friday

I was on Gung Ho Jack like a hot snot at 6-1, though it was available at 9-1 in the morning. He has 3 down to go
    on Friday
    On its 3 timer now. Should we well within its capability given how well it ran last time out. Let's hope it can win again.

On its 3 timer now. Should we well within its capability given how well it ran last time out. Let's hope it can win again.
    Winner :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Ker-ching! :D

Lupo Doro probably wins again today at Lingers, but 7/4 is very skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Lupo Doro probably wins again today at Lingers, but 7/4 is very skinny.

One of the worst prices I have ever seen and not exaggerating. Six pounds for that was harsh I think, wouldn't fancy him today.

• Advertisement

I'll be on again and I think he'll win.

Should get at least 9/4 shortly, if not I'll settle for the 2/1.

One of the worst prices I have ever seen and not exaggerating. Six pounds for that was harsh I think, wouldn't fancy him today.
    Don't know, I thought even though it was slow out of the stalls, it still won with a good bit in hand. Opposition doesn't look any tougher today, I would have this horse as favourite.

I am on Mossgo today at 11/4 in the 5:15 at Lingers as a better value proposition than the 11/8 favourite. Nothing else in the race stands out and if Mossgo hadn't made a complete balls out of the start last time out, it would have won.
    Blindfold still on when left stalls and awkwardly away, soon chased leaders, went 2nd over 1f out, edged left but closed on winner 100yds out, not quicken after

Winner :)

Ninety Minutes out tomorrow for Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan (yes, the footballers!) in the 5:10 at Wolverhampton. This one has been dropping through the weights like a stone and now finds itself off a mark of 57. Stayed on quite well to finish 5th after a wide draw kept it well towards the back for much of the race on that occasion. By no means is this horse quick, but given the quality of the runners tomorrow, it looks to be the one I would want to be on in a straight 2 furlong sprint towards the end. Hopefully being drawn in stall 2 it breaks well and doesn't have quite so much work to do tomorrow, so I am hoping it's there or thereabouts at the close. Just got the last of the 5/1 (e/w) from BetVictor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

A serious upswing in form the last few weeks, shows what a difference upgraded facilities provide. Great angle punting wise

25/1 winner today, would not have done it with stolen money!

Another winner, Berrahri @ 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Another winner, Berrahri @ 3/1.

Out in the next at Wolverhampton, looks a great chance to follow up.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Out in the next at Wolverhampton, looks a great chance to follow up.
    Betfair put him up at 5/1 last night. I instantly had as much money on as they'd let me have. He's about a 13/8 shot in my eyes. Should go well.

Advertisement