Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following John Best

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Sheikh The Reins out for the first time since August in the 8.45 at Kempton tomorrow. Was hoping for a bigger price, 8-1 PP, 9's 10's elsewhere.
    I'm finding this a very tricky race to pick one from though.

Ruby Wednesday out again looks value 7-1 lingfield 4:15

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ruby Wednesday out again looks value 7-1 lingfield 4:15

Fifth out of six.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Donkey Kong Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Didn't touch either of them. If I threw a dart at the 8.45 I was going for Roxie Lot e/w. Terrible after timing I know, even worse, I had no intention of putting money on it

I've put a small each way on Chance To Dream at 33-1 (PP) in the Newcomers Maiden Stakes tomorrow at 1.45 at Newbury. Looks worth a small punt to me.

• Advertisement

The meeting was abandoned for my last punt. Glenys The Menace has it's first run in the 5.10 at Lingfield. I backed it e/w at 33-1 (PP). No particular rhyme or reason, but his last 2 first time runners for his stable, albeit this one is having it's first run ever, have won at 25-1 and 33-1, and stable jockey Kieren Fox is on board.
    Decadent Times also runs in this, probably a better bet for me. Might have been better off seeing if a tenner lights on fire! But worth a punt for me.

Never in it, 5th of 6. Would have been better off seeing if a tenner goes on fire. Just discovered the back of a hammer is a good bottle opener, so I learned at least one thing today!

Ballylare. Lingfield. 12/1. The 2 lads have 3 going there this evening.

beertons wrote: »
    Ballylare. Lingfield. 12/1. The 2 lads have 3 going there this evening.

It placed. Happy days.

Leicester. 610. Trident Tested@9/1. The 2 lads again.

• Advertisement

Leicester. 610. Trident Tested@9/1. The 2 lads again.

No joy.

Kempton, 21:20. Moncarno@14/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Whitstable Pearl in the 8:05 is one I really fancy. Backed at 9/2, shame I missed the juice earlier. Hopefully gives me funds for Arlington.

Whitstable Pearl in the 8:05 is one I really fancy. Backed at 9/2, shame I missed the juice earlier. Hopefully gives me funds for Arlington.
    Something went badly wrong there, pulled up before the line.

Bold Henmie in the last to save a wretched day!

Is Best done for? Not slot coming in for him lately.

Is Best done for? Not slot coming in for him lately.
    I stopped specifically following him over a year ago! I think his horses are generally fairly handicapped and have been for a long time.

Doncaster, The Lincoln, 3.35.
    I've backed Aidan's selections in his 100 Bets to Broke thread. I'm not sure why, (probably stupidity) but I've got a bit of a hunch about Eddystone Rock and went 2 points each way at 33-1, 5 places with PP.

Doncaster, The Lincoln, 3.35.
    I've backed Aidan's selections in his 100 Bets to Broke thread. I'm not sure why, (probably stupidity) but I've got a bit of a hunch about Eddystone Rock and went 2 points each way at 33-1, 5 places with PP.

6th by a neck. At least I got a run for my money.

Best/Fox combo, on Pendo, just won at Chelmsford. 20/1. I wasn't on it, but it's like he gave us a sniff of carrot.

Just banged in a 20-1 winner in the 7.40 at Chelmsford, Ourmullion. Was actually watching and noted with interest he had a horse in it. Didn't back it. Couldn"t believe it when it popped up to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Another winner last race Ascot. 7s into 5s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Eddystone Rock late this month in the English Cambridgeshire.

Advertisement