Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Events & gig buddies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Anyone fancy going to see The September Girls next friday 18th in The Waiting Room in Stoke Newington? PM if so, I'm going.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Giving ye plenty of notice for Rockaoke at the Hootananny in Brixton on Wednesday 6 November. Come along this time, it's great fun!!

http://www.hootanannybrixton.co.uk/

The list of songs is here:

http://www.cornucopiamusic.co.uk/rockaoke/

Doors open in the band room at about 9pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looks like there's a few cheap £12 tickets available for Thursdays performance of The Light Princess, the new Tori Amos written musical .

Has anyone heard much about it?

EDIT: Not anymore, I regret not just buying a pair now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Hi folks,

Famous London venue Water Rats (kings Cross) are hosting Irelands premier blue's funk R&B Rock band........The Oddsocks.

Ok so these guys are friends of mine but they do rock big time. Their Halloween shows are legendary back home. There gig last month in Islington O2 was epic and this one will be better.

They are playing Friday Nov 1st and as it is the day after my birthday (yes i was born on Halloween) I will be there for a cure of whiskey soaked funk rock!!

Maybe see some of you guys there...........

frAg

• Advertisement

Definitely definitely definitely going to this when it opens:

http://www.londontown.com/LondonEvents/Large-Hadron-Collider/f6ddf/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

serrity wrote: »
    Definitely definitely definitely going to this when it opens:

Group outing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Group outing?

I like the way you think.

Group outing?

How do the weekends of 16/17 and 23/24 November suit people?

16/17th suits me better than the 23/24th - we're moving on the 28th so need that weekend for packing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

16/17 - good
    23/24 - bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I think my weekends are all booked out until Christmas apart from 14/15th December. The trials of popularity :( I'll probably see it in the new year.

Just got an invitation to a public Mind Yourself discussion about the mental health of Irish people in London.

Not sure if I'll go myself yet, but if anyone is interested in attending, it's on in Southwark Town Hall, SE1P 5LX on 26 November from 6-8.30pm.

The panel speakers are Dr Liam Delaney from the University of Stirling, Mary Heffernan from the Irish Forum for Counselling and Psychotherapy, Mark Gottsche, Development Officer GAA and Noreen O'Donoghue, Carer.

rsvp at info@mind-yourself.co.uk

(I've nothing to do with Mind Yourself. This came to me in an email and I said I'd let the rest of ye know.)

I was at the previous Irish People in Londons' Relationship with Alcohol discussion which was well worth going to. Can't go to this one unfortunately.

16/17th suits me better than the 23/24th - we're moving on the 28th so need that weekend for packing!
    16/17 - good
    23/24 - bad

Shall we book tickets on Saturday 16th so?

It's timed entry, so how about 11:40am - we could grab lunch afterwards.

Book here: https://www.maximweb.org/sciencemuseum/SelectDay.aspx

Sounds good to me :)

Hold fire on this for now - I may not be free on that Saturday after all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The London Korean Film Festival is on at the minute, and TimeOut have half-price tickets to a bunch of the screenings.

There are also free screenings of Public Enemy and Public Enemy Returns amongst others - all screenings at the Curzon Soho and Korean Cultural Centre are free, but you need to book in advance to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

The Prince Charles are screening the whole first season of Veronica Mars in one sitting. Insane. Tickets on sale now.

I'd like to go but that's probably a bit too hardcore for me. I think it works out at over fifteen hours.

what's happening with the Science Museum visit?

• Advertisement

Not sure! Looks like Serrity is out for next weekend, but no word on others really. I'd still be up for it, but will throw around the alternative date of the 30th too.

Right - I'm not free this Saturday but I can do Sunday - 11:40am time slot suit people?

I might not be able to do Sunday - might be going racing with the OH.

Anyone for Collider on Sunday then? Ladymaybelle? Silvervixen?

Just gotta see can i move a few things about first, will get back to you

Just gotta see can i move a few things about first, will get back to you

Cool. I'm flexible on times - first slot is 10:40am and last is 5pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'd love to go to that. I regularly listened to the Infinite Monkey Cage when I used to commute by car. Dates might be an issue though as I think I might be busy on the Saturday. Which date would suit you best?

I'd love to go to that. I regularly listened to the Infinite Monkey Cage when I used to commute by car. Dates might be an issue though as I think I might be busy on the Saturday. Which date would suit you best?

I can do either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

On a similar note, 9 Lessons & Carols For Godless People is back again this year. I've been a couple of years previously and they were pretty entertaining.

I can do either.

It seems the other half is interested in going to this too and she has her Christmas party on the 12th so the Saturday should be good for us. Just need to double check we're definitely free.

When are you looking to book tickets by?

It seems the other half is interested in going to this too and she has her Christmas party on the 12th so the Saturday should be good for us. Just need to double check we're definitely free.

When are you looking to book tickets by?

Soon as, I reckon.

Mostly arranged through LLP - but tea, Yumchaa Camden, midday tomorrow anyone?

Mostly arranged through LLP - but tea, Yumchaa Camden, midday tomorrow anyone?

Ha, I was only there Wednesday! Lovely little spot, cant promise tomorrow but will let ye know x

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LoneAtom

Any gig buddies for Sabbath tomorrow night in odyssey?

• Advertisement

The Prince Charles Cinema are doing a series of Christmas Double Bills, including the always-awesome Gremlins + Die Hard on December 19th.

Further Prince Charles Cinema goodness - they're doing a Sci-Fi season with some great choices, including The Best Christmas Film Ever (Tied)* AKA Brazil on December 21st and Videodrome on January 29th.

*: The other tied entry for Best Christmas Film Ever is, of course, Die Hard.

December was a bit busy for a Large Hadron Collider exhibit visit - anyone up for it this month?

83ste wrote: »
    December was a bit busy for a Large Hadron Collider exhibit visit - anyone up for it this month?

Weekend of the 18th or 25th?

Weekend of the 18th or 25th?

25/26th would be better for me.

Anyone else?

• Advertisement

83ste wrote: »
    25/26th would be better for me.

Anyone else?

How long will the visit last do you think? The 25th could be good for me.

There's a 15 minute video followed by 20/30 minutes of content depending on how fast you want to work through it.

Then again, that's all dependent on the individual.

Just a heads up that the Good Ship in Kilburn have launched a Gaming Club. Every Monday night for two hours before the comedy starts, they'll have retro consoles set up, as well as an XBox and PS3. There'll be time trials and fight tournaments, and you can also play against the comedians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Just a heads up that the Good Ship in Kilburn have launched a Gaming Club. Every Monday night for two hours before the comedy starts, they'll have retro consoles set up, as well as an XBox and PS3. There'll be time trials and fight tournaments, and you can also play against the comedians.

any commodore amigas there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I've already seen it, but Time Out are offering exclusive slots and no booking fees for Book of Mormon for May/June, If you're in any way interested, go see it, couldn't recommend it highly enough:

http://ticketing.timeout.com/tickets/the-book-of-mormon?cid=tolddem280114bannerbookofmormon

For any London Irish rugby fans, Waxy O'Connor's is hosting 'Pint with a Player' this Wednesday 26 February from 7-9pm, followed by live music from The BibleCode Sundays. I'm not going but said I'd let ye know in case that floats your boat!

This just popped up on my fb feed in case anyone is interested:

http://www.musicglue.com/londonirishcentre/events/5-apr-14-being-irish-in-britain-in-2014---a-one-day-conference--london-irish-centre/

‘Being Irish in Britain in 2014’ -5th April 2014

A One-Day Conference at The London Irish Centre
    Join us for a day of conversation and exploration of Irishness in Britain in 2014.

2014 will see the London Irish Centre celebrate its 60th anniversary and the first official state visit of an Irish President to Britain. At a time when Britain continues to act as a magnet for Irish emigrants, the London Irish Centre will host a day of discussion around what it means to be Irish in Britain in 2014.

With a diverse roster of guest speakers and contributors from Irish academia, business, the arts and London’s Irish community, the event hopes to generate a dialogue on contemporary Irishness in Britain: what has changed and what remains the same, and what challenges might face the community now and in the future.

Expect reflections on the themes of the generation gap between older and newly arrived members of the community, questions on Irish identity in Britain, how Ireland’s relationship with the diaspora in Britain has developed, and the role of Irish Centres in 21st century Britain.

Ticketing:
    £12 Attendance only – no refreshments or light lunch
    £20 Attendance, refreshments & light lunch
    £10 Attendance only – no refreshments or light lunch (concession)

EVENT OVERVIEW:
    Panelists:
    Jennie McShannon - CEO Irish in Britain
    Bernard Purcell - Editor Irish World
    Dylan Haskins – Broadcaster/Presenter
    Mary Hickman - Centre for Irish Studies
    Pól Ó Móraín – Irish International Business Network
    Bryan Moriarty – Whispering Beasts Theatre Company
    Kelly O’Connor – Irish Cultural Centre, London
    Bernard Canavan – Artist/Historian
    Catherina Casey – Craic-It, London, Irish Cultural Centre
    David Burns – We’re Coming Back Campaign
    Marc Scully – Academic
    Seán Sorohan – Writer/Historian
    Conor McGinn - Senior Adviser to UK Labour Party/GAA Club Chairman
    Kieran Ryan - Morgan Stanley/Trustee London Irish Centre
    Mary Heffernan - Irish Forum for Counselling & Psychotherapy

Seems the London Irish Centre are also having a season of Edinburgh comedy previews:

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/04/03/having-a-giraffe-innit/

tickets are a pocket-friendly £7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Might interest some....

Rubberbandits are doing their excellent
    new show Continental Fistfight in that
    big purple cow on the Southbank, May 10th
    at 7.45pm. Very special Popbitch price:
    10GBP for 15GBP ticket. Code is YOKES.
    http://www.underbelly.co.uk/rubberbandits

• Advertisement
Advertisement