Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Events & gig buddies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The link below is offering half-price tickets to zoo lates on 7th and 14th June. OH and I just booked two for the 14th. They're 12.50 each. Getting drunk in close proximity to tigers, what could possibly go wrong?

Offer ends at midnight tonight (Saturday)

https://uk-offers.timeout.com/deals/zoo-lates-at-zsl-london-zoo

Ah f3ck, saw this too late! A few of us from boards went last summer, it's a great way to spend an evening for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ah f3ck, saw this too late! A few of us from boards went last summer, it's a great way to spend an evening for sure!
    I think you can get them for all other Fridays @ £15 via the main Time Out site anyway.

I definitely plan on heading to it this summer but convincing friends is gonna be a nightmare.

I'd happily attend a boards zoo meetup.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

LadyMayBelle,

I'm coming to London for the Summer on the 15th of June and would like to go to the Irish conversation group while I'm there. I couldn't find the dates on the mind yourself website so could you let me know the details of the one after the 5th which I presume will be on the 19th?

Thanks!

I will let you know indeed! The next on is on Wednesday 5th alright, so Im assuming the one after will be the 19th, I will post back here after this weeks meeting to let you know! Hope there will be a few more than last meeting, but it was fun all the same, and people were lovely.

Zoo boards trek might be fun again this summer...am thinking about that and also a picnic some weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Offer has been extended and is still there for 12.50 each. We're going the 14th if anyone wants to make a group excursion out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Jeez, that can't be a year ago already! Where does the time go? It seems like only a few weeks ago that we were posing like meerkats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Woden wrote: »
    Modest Mouse @ Koko Thurs 11th July. Tickets on sale Fri at 9am. Will try and get one

[edit]Got one![/edit]

They've cancelled their tour!!

Complete pack of dicks!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Offer has been extended and is still there for 12.50 each. We're going the 14th if anyone wants to make a group excursion out of it

I think I'm going to take you up on that. I've never properly visited the zoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

enda1 wrote: »

Complete pack of dicks!

Annoying. After getting to Postal Service think they are one of the few bands I've been listening for a while that I haven't seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

enda1 wrote: »

Complete pack of dicks!

bollox. i had it in my head about 2 hours ago that i have to get myself a ticket for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Just so they can focus on recording their new album?

That's a bit of a dick move.

In response to those enquiring about the irish group, change in day and time for next meet up:

REMINDER Irish Language Conversation Don’t forget to come along to our Irish Language Conversation group for some fun, light-hearted Irish chit chat! Please note there has been a slight amendment to our next session:

THURSDAY 20th JUNE, 6:30PM-8:30PM AT MIND YOURSELF’S LIVING ROOM

The National have a gig at roundhouse on 26th Jun. Tickets on sale 9am tomorrow limited to two a person.

http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/productions/the-national

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

If anyone is interested God Is An Astronaut (from Wicklow) are playing their only UK date in London this Sep 22 in The Electric Ballroom, Camden. I have my ticket bought...

One of the best live bands around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

The National have a gig at roundhouse on 26th Jun. Tickets on sale 9am tomorrow limited to two a person.

http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/productions/the-national

Got two after about an hour and a quarter of queueing :)

Anyone else?

Yeah took 90 mins but got them! Not the most productive time in work now it must be said..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Anyone else?

Didnt queue till 9:30 but didnt get any :(

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Anyone fancy this on Saturday?

http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/silencio-73399

Basically it looks like a Silent Disco spliced with old B-movies with a Twin Peaks vibe. Use the code 'SEEITFIRST' and it's only a tenner.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The awesome Anamanaguchi are coming to The Garage on the 15th of September. I've already booked my ticket, but if anyone else is interested in heading along let me know :)

• Advertisement

For those of you interested in a a community that people often find from joining a church, why not come join us at the next Sunday Assembly..

http://sundayassembly.com/

https://m.facebook.com/TheSundayAssembly?id=293513464091842&_rdr

It's a godless congregation that had over 600 attendees in June.. Next one is on July 7th in York Hall Bethnal Green.The topic is 'Stargazing', last one was 'Happiness'...

There are also small groups starting round London, so people can get to know each other, with topics like 'what inspires you' and suggestions taken from the Action for Happiness people like 'compliment three people this week'.. I'm heading to one tonight so will see how that goes...

Will be going again in July, Interesting way to spend an hour on a Sunday !

*plus I win bonus points for telling the mammy I went to mass ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

A couple of things worth noting: Andrew Maxwell aka totally not the offspring of Bosco and Charles Haughey[s/] has a Work In Progress show coming up in early July. Also, Rich Hall's Hoedown is returning to the Soho theatre from the 15th to the 20th of July.

Anyone else?

What did ya think?

Really enjoyed it myself. Only the 2nd time seeing them and have had the new album on repeat pretty much.

Liked the venue also. First time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Fysh wrote: »
    A couple of things worth noting: Andrew Maxwell aka totally not the offspring of Bosco and Charles Haughey[s/] has a Work In Progress show coming up in early July. Also, Rich Hall's Hoedown is returning to the Soho theatre from the 15th to the 20th of July.

this looks good, the rich hall bit that is. the otis lee crenshaw stuff is hilarious so i'm presuming it's along those lines?

there's a load of good comedy around the place in the next few weeks with comedians warming up for edinburgh, and it's all pretty cheap too.

paul chowdhry is on in greenwich at the end of july. his old routine on people in the east end is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

What did ya think?

Really enjoyed it myself. Only the 2nd time seeing them and have had the new album on repeat pretty much.

Liked the venue also. First time there.

Brilliant show, I missed the Brixton shows a few years ago (had a ticket but can't remember why I couldn't go in the end) so first time seeing them. Blown away really, I love their music but was worried they'd maybe be a bit downbeat as a live act, but far from it. Great energetic peformance. My gf wouldn't have been overly familiar with their songs bar a listen or two to the new album but she really got into it too, which says it all i think.

I like the Roundhouse as a venue a lot, been there a few times before and will be back again in October for Johnny Marr. Only downside of the night was taking a wrong turn when walking to Kentish Town after the gig and ending up back where we started :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

hey there's a science exhibition on this week near charing cross, looks like some interesting exhibits and talks! http://sse.royalsociety.org/2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

mentioned this a while back but the shows are now confirmed. David Kitt is playing The Islington on Wednesday July 10 and Saturday July 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

hey there's a science exhibition on this week near charing cross, looks like some interesting exhibits and talks! http://sse.royalsociety.org/2013/
    That actually looks like a pretty good way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Score

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

Reekwind wrote: »
    That actually looks like a pretty good way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Score

I ended up going on Friday, was really class, the exhibitions were amazing! Definitely worth going to for a couple of hours!

• Advertisement

https://visionsfestival.ticketabc.com/events/visions-festival/

Heading here on August 10th (Saturday) Esp looking forward to Jeffrey Lewis and !!!

Advertisement