Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Draft Tournament - New Signups!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,364 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

All time English league draft
    Morzadec wrote: »
    Could do a "special round" where you get to choose a legend? And might be good to put this in round 2 to offset the advantage of whoever gets first pick

If it's the current PL I think this could be offset by having a few legends rounds as such. Have an all time PL and then later on a current European and then an all time European or something. Obviously a bit of tweaking as there could be some superteams with what I've just suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'll throw my hat in if you need someone.

All time PL with Legends round would be my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Just throwing it out there but I would say a current PL draft with 16 players would be difficult. Think of the 16 best right backs in the league, I for one would find it difficult to vouch for someone like Martin Montoya or Simon Francis to start right back! And we will end up with those type of players in our teams more than likely.

This is a good point
    Liam O wrote: »
    If it's the current PL I think this could be offset by having a few legends rounds as such. Have an all time PL and then later on a current European and then an all time European or something. Obviously a bit of tweaking as there could be some superteams with what I've just suggested.

And this is a good solution. Maybe about 3 or 4 "special rounds"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Current Premier League Draft
    I would happily do current with 4 legend rounds split evenly along the draw. Seems a fair compromise on the face of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just throwing it out there but I would say a current PL draft with 16 players would be difficult. Think of the 16 best right backs in the league, I for one would find it difficult to vouch for someone like Martin Montoya or Simon Francis to start right back! And we will end up with those type of players in our teams more than likely.

That's why I wanted to change to all time PL.. there just isnt enough players in the fullback and goalkeepers positions.. even depending on formation the other positions would be awful too

correction wrote: »
    I would happily do current with 4 legend rounds split evenly along the draw. Seems a fair compromise on the face of it.

That's a good idea alright as it would make people think about which area to use the legends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

1. IncognitoMan
    2. martyos121
    3. Dozyart
    4. astradave
    5. duffman13
    6. Liam O
    7. Mr.Nice Guy
    8. jayo26
    9. Lucas Hood
    10. redzerdrog
    11. This is it
    12. Morzadec
    13. KBurke85
    14. correction
    15. Ferris_Bueller
    16. dr.kenneth noisewater

So that's the 16 people in. We'll get someone not involved in the draft to throw that list into a randomiser and we'll get our picking order.

Sorry I missed dr.kenneth noisewater. SlickRic can be first reserve, if someone feels they can't do it they can offer up their place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Why isn't my name in it 3 times :p

So the posts are tied at 4-4. Brilliant.

I'll cast the deciding vote so and we'll get up and running. I'll vote for all time PL draft.

Even for the sake of less set up.

Right can we get someone to do the list randomizer

https://www.random.org/lists/

The list available below
    1. IncognitoMan
    2. martyos121
    3. Dozyart
    4. astradave
    5. duffman13
    6. Liam O
    7. Mr.Nice Guy
    8. jayo26
    9. Lucas Hood
    10. redzerdrog
    11. This is it
    12. Morzadec
    13. KBurke85
    14. correction
    15. Ferris_Bueller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

All time European cup competitions draft
    Will it be reverse order for Round 2 and we continue on like that, or will there be random draws each round?

So the posts are tied at 4-4. Brilliant.

I'll cast the deciding vote so and we'll get up and running. I'll vote for all time PL draft.

Even for the sake of less set up.

https://www.random.org/lists/

The list available below
    1. IncognitoMan
    2. martyos121
    3. Dozyart
    4. astradave
    5. duffman13
    6. Liam O
    7. Mr.Nice Guy
    8. jayo26
    9. Lucas Hood
    10. redzerdrog
    11. This is it
    12. Morzadec
    13. KBurke85
    14. correction
    15. Ferris_Bueller

If you can't get anyone to do it I'll throw em in and do a screen record and upload it

Will it be reverse order for Round 2 and we continue on like that, or will there be random draws each round?

I'd presume reverse order, thought that's how it used to be done 1 to 16 then 16 to 1

Yeah that it. Reverse the order. Last person to pick for round 1 is first for round 2 etc...

astradave wrote: »
    If you can't get anyone to do it I'll throw em in and do a screen record and upload it

Go for it. I just didn't want to do as I've been setting it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If it helps.
    There were 16 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

redzerdrog
    Liam O
    Lucas Hood
    This is it
    Mr.Nice Guy
    Ferris_Bueller
    duffman13
    KBurke85
    martyos121
    astradave
    dr.kenneth noisewater
    IncognitoMan
    correction
    Dozyart
    Morzadec
    jayo26

Timestamp: 2019-06-28 21:55:48 UTC

• Advertisement

If it helps.

Good man yourself. I had it done but this one is an outside one so better :D cheers Bucky

Grand I'll do up the picks thread and we'll get started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Are player being judged on their peak performance, best season or overall premier league performance?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Are player being judged on their peak performance, best season or overall premier league performance?

I would say think of the players at their absolute best in the PL. Obviously there will be room for discussion on longevity and such. That would be up to the poster to argue in the match-up threads. People can then vote for whichever they think is better.

Anyway you are first up redzerdrog make your pick inside the 24 hours and PM Liam O

Could a mod add discussion to this thread. I can't edit the original post now

• Advertisement

Straight forward enough first pick all things considered

I think he would have been the first pick for many, played all across the top for United too so can easily work your team around him when it comes to the tough picks

Did you pm liamo mate?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Did you pm liamo mate?

I did indeed, straight away. Has he been online since?

I did indeed, straight away. Has he been online since?

Donno but if he doesn't pick soon I'm going to give him emile heskey :P :P

Link to the picks thread as it will probably keep falling off the front page.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057992339

To be fair we started around 11 last night. The man could have been out for a few pints so I won't hold it against him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,364 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Sorry lads. Was offline since early yesterday. Didn't realise. Will make pick now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Henry and Ronaldo were always gonna be the first 2 picks., it was just a matter of which order.

The rest of this round will be very interesting now.

Was interested in seeing when Keane went. I expected him to be in the top 5 picks.

There is one more I'd expect to be in the top 5 and after that's it's anyone's guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Can I suggest we shorten the time to pick to 12 hours with the hours of 12am to 8am not included . Should speed things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Can I suggest we shorten the time to pick to 12 hours with the hours of 12am to 8am not included . Should speed things up.

I'd be up for that. I think I'm 6th but it will be at least midday before I'll be posting judging by my current state

Last post by this is it is 4 days ago

Yeah a tweak of the rules for time wouldn't be a bad thing. Shorten the time and make an exception if someone doesn't think they be on for an evening or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Too late to get in on this ??

Too late to get in on this ??

I'll put you down for reserve. Although there is one other poster ahead of you

We are coming up on the 24 hours for This is it.

Mr.Nice Guy you can make your pick anytime from 2.25. I'll shoot you a pm at the time if no pick is made

We are coming up on the 24 hours for This is it.

Mr.Nice Guy you can make your pick anytime from 2.25. I'll shoot you a pm at the time if no pick is made

Does that mean reserve goes to bottom of list and gets the 2 in a row pick :(

jayo26 wrote: »
    Does that mean reserve goes to bottom of list and gets the 2 in a row pick :(

Yeah I don't know what to do with that to be honest

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't know what to do with that to be honest

Any suggestions?

Donno it's my first time playing but it was something I was pretty happy about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

All time European cup competitions draft
    Reserve coming in should get the two in a row pick at the end imo.

Pick made and PM sent to Ferris.

Should be a punishment for missing a pick, give an incentive not to miss it.

He should go last this round and back to his assigned position in round two imo.

Or else be replaced by someone else who wants to play and put them in on the next pick.

Just an idea, ultimately decision of the poster who is running this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Normally the poster who missed the pick (in previous drafts I've been part of) would get a second chance at the end of the round.

If still a no show, then a decision would be made on taking part in the rest of the draft.

Ah sorry see we're talking about the reserve... makes sense to put them in position 16 yeah, the reserve shouldn't be put at any disadvantage

Yeah it's just do you give the guy who missed the position of 16th and he gets the advantage of the double pick and it takes that away from the poster who had that advantage originally.

So you punish the 16th person for something which was no fault of their own.

I think what we'll do is wait until they come round in the draft picks again and when's it's their turn they pick twice next time.

The punishment for missing will be that there's a huge amount of players going to be gone. If they miss the next pick we'll sub in one of the reserve posters and let them do a double pick

• Advertisement

A) he should be able to make his round 1 pick when back online imo.
    Makes his round 2 pick in the normal order

B) if he not back online before end of round 1, the reserves comes in and makes his round 1 pick.
    Then makes his round 2 pick in the normal order it would have been due for the original poster

If he not back by the end of the round the reserve should come in then because you leave it any longer and there no point even getting involved

A) he should be able to make his round 1 pick when back online imo.
    Makes his round 2 pick in the normal order

B) if he not back online before end of round 1, the reserves comes in and makes his round 1 pick.
    Then makes his round 2 pick in the normal order it would have been due for the original poster

If he not back by the end of the round the reserve should come in then because you leave it any longer and there no point even getting involved

Personally I think B is a little bit harsh on the reserve coming in who will be at an immediate disadvantage picking 16th in round 1 and 13th in round 2. Almost no point in playing for them, their team would be considerably weaker than all others after 2 picks.

The reserve shouldn't be punished / disadvantaged. The poster who missed their pick should be (if they end up playing).

The reserve coming in should be given a fair crack and get 16th pick round 1 and 1st pick round 2 imo.

The person who was scheduled to be 16th/1st is going to 15th/2nd - it's much of a muchness imo, and not unfair on them when it's a totally random draw.

That's my take, but again incognito man should decide

Or a compromise would be if the missing in action poster isn't back here saying he wants to play by the time of the 15th pick, then the reserve comes in at this point taking 15 / 2.

Personally don't see a huge difference between 15/2 and 16/1 but if the 16th poster feels it's unfair to lose their double pick this could be a solution

It's not going to effect me in the slightest but don't agree that the reserve should get his 2nd round pick 1st. It disadvantages everyone else that was due their 2nd round pick before them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I doubt there will be anything to worry about this is it was last online yesterday. When he comes online he makes his pick.

If he doesn't come back by end of first round then a reserve should take over for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement