Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

And Fazz takes the lead...

1.5 weeks to go in the January SBR folks, how time flies. It will be interesting to see how the month ends vs. the targets achieved in 2013:
    6 Gold, 34 Silver, 54 Bronze

There is already 5 Gold, 21 Silver and 41 Bronze in January

4 days left in January

9 Gold, 33 Silver & 37 Bronze

Good work all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Cheers Fazz, plan for next 2/3 seasons is to concentrate on Oly distance. But I would like to move up to half distance and then at some stage full. Hoping that by taking my time and getting fast at Oly and then half that it will stand to me when I eventually make the move to full. I could probably get away with doing a half this season but I don't think I would do myself justice and probably wouldn't enjoy it. Going to take my time and use these years to get used to the training load.

Bit tight between the hoochies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Bit tight between the hoochies!

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

had to cut my swim inhte pool short by 600m yesterday asi was late to pick up the little one

which ironically was exactly what i needed to get a silver. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Oi dawehead, way to burst my bubble and steal my cycling crown! I thought I was mad doing such high mileage in this weather, you must be out in it all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Thats my month finished, terrible one for me. Between a rubbish start due to jet lag and the bros wedding and a crap finish due to illness there was only 16days of decent training done. Onwards and upwards. I'll not be racing meaningfully until June now, thats for sure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

January done and happy enough with the first month of consistent IM training. Only managing one long bike a week so need to get out once more during the week. I am doing one if not two turbos during the week but do not count that in my weekly cycling miles so I am doing more than I count! Swim still an issue and although I have been in the pool twice a week I am only managing an average of 2km which takes me an hour - so go figure. Run has involved lots of easy miles and a weekly tempo run. Yoga/pilates every week and lots of stretching/weights and foam rolling has thankfully kept me injury free. If February reaps the same stats and outcome I will be a happy camper.
    I did my longest cycle ever this month too so all is well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Last minute update - silver run, silver swim, no cycling. Not bad really considering I only really did about one week of real training!

January Champs
    Joey & Shell to Run

Overall SBR Lead
    Joey & Shell to Run

Feb SBR is open folks, fresh start :)

• Advertisement

did something go wrong? the data i entered yesterdayfor feb, and confirmed was updated in the overall table so i know it did go in, is now gone and i'm back at zero for feb again

edit:now re-entered, but there may be other missing data

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Mine has the wrong data. Someone seems to have pressed the wrong button....

Oryx wrote: »
    Mine has the wrong data. Someone seems to have pressed the wrong button....

time to assemble the firing squad.

(it was probably me :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Some kind soul has completed 15.7 of the finest running kilometers on my behalf. I prefer this February model.

Someone also donated a 12.87km run to me. I'll check revision history later to see who the culprit was...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Unless he did the exact same distance as me, BTH seems to have got the credit for my run. Also I have 3km logged for a swim that I didn't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Ya my turbo from yesterday was wiped too.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I wouldn't want to be the culprit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

zico10 wrote: »
    Unless he did the exact same distance as me, BTH seems to have got the credit for my run. Also I have 3km logged for a swim that I didn't do.

That was my 3k swim. You seem to have taken my training for February just like you've taken my room!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Some kind soul has completed 15.7 of the finest running kilometers on my behalf. I prefer this February model.
    I like Feb too..............thank you to whoever worked out for me today.........weather was crap for me!!!

• Advertisement

Can someone give me a few hundred k of bike ks please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Kurt Godel wrote: »

Hey come on man, I want them back! They were hard run kms up around the hills of Monasterboice, Temure and Collon - In the wind and rain too!

mmmm ... actually, I'll trade you 10km of swimming for them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Macanri wrote: »
    Hey come on man, I want them back! They were hard run kms up around the hills of Monasterboice, Temure and Collon - In the wind and rain too!

mmmm ... actually, I'll trade you 10km of swimming for them. :)

Triathletes- having trouble hitting SBR targets? Will trade swim km's for 4 run km's, or 10 bike km's. Discount available for volume and repeat customers. Discretion assured and expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Should we just fix the totals ourselves or leave it to the mods?

Hey all, I'll have as look in a while. But a couple of glasses of red wine on board so will not be editing unless I spot the actual error. However, if spotted it would mean taking the whole thing back to the preceding post in the revision history. It would mean everyone would have to repost anyway

So, I think best option is for everyone to fix their own stats. Whoever did the 12.87km run, just post in your own row. I'll return mine to zero :rolleyes:

If there is a greater formatting problem with Feb or O/A and you think you know what it is, please pm me or mossym.

Shotgun

Hey all, I'll have as look in a while. But a couple of glasses of red wine on board so will not be editing unless I spot the actual error. However, if spotted it would mean taking the whole thing back to the preceding post in the revision history. It would mean everyone would have to repost anyway

So, I think best option is for everyone to fix their own stats. Whoever did the 12.87km run, just post in your own row. I'll return mine to zero :rolleyes:

If there is a greater formatting problem with Feb or O/A and you think you know what it is, please pm me or mossym.

Shotgun

I'd say that was mine actually. Sure you don't want it? Hard fought hill session running up hills into gale force winds? :)

Culprit identified.

Everyone, just ensure your own data is accurate. January is locked. PM me for access if you need it.

FOLKS PLEASE DO NOT SORT THE SHEET UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, THANK YOU

Shotgun

i may not have the exact issue that caused this, but i have spotted another that will derail things, but have a fix for it. have pm'd shotgunmcos to explain, but the spreadhseet may have to offline while we fix things. I'll let him make the call on that, him having the mod superpowers and everything

okay, spoke to the man himself. spreadhseet will be offline for a while while we rejig things. the system we implemented over xmas couldn't deal with the eagerness of those competing, so we've identified a solution but it will take a little while to implement.

the january data will be safe, and i hope to not lose any of the February data. will let everyone know when it is back online again

• Advertisement

OK Folks, thanks for your patience. A big thank you to mossym who again spent a lot of time behind the scenes fixing things today, leaving me with the easy stuff to do.

The 2014 SBR is open again for business :D

Advertisement