Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Bryangiggsy data written over by another poster. Fixed it now.

If you spot stuff that needs fixing PM me folks, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

FInallly 2014 is off to a start, small but it's a start.

Next year can we age weight the categories and maybe have AG medals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

AKW wrote: »
    FInallly 2014 is off to a start, small but it's a start.

Next year can we age weight weight the categories and maybe have AG medals ;)

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Solobally8 wrote: »
    I know! I don't know what I'll do now, I'm totally clueless. I've been totally dependant on him, doing everything I was told without question. Now he tells me to follow some generic online plan that's nothing near the kind of training we've been doing. Ah well, anyone know a good cycling coach?

I know one or two I can send you on details if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

BennyMul wrote: »
    I know one or two I can send you on details if you wish.

Thanks Benny, I will probably get back to you on this in a few weeks time. I've decided to try go it alone with some help from my cycling club for the time being.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Joey & Fazz bagging 3 bronze each already and Joey still being in the lead! I have a feeling we will see many more than the 5 golds achieved in January 2014 than overall 2013. Will it be sustainable for the year or is it the January enthusiasm :D

I failed to make the bronze on the bike last year and that is my minimum bike goal each month.

Appreciate everyone putting data in the right format (including Tunney's average running pace of approx 0.6kmh :D), thank you!

Interesting thing about the monthly version is that even if you are 6 points behind the next highest ranked person, you are just 1 point behind them overall :) so far anyway.... :cool:

Shotgun, it might be late now but I think if the monthly targets are 1/12th of the annual total then they are too easy.
    Majority of people take off at least a month if not six weeks post season, should this have been taken into account, maybe make it 1/11th? Just a thought

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Green&Red wrote: »
    Shotgun, it might be late now but I think if the monthly targets are 1/12th of the annual total then they are too easy.
    Majority of people take off at least a month if not six weeks post season, should this have been taken into account, maybe make it 1/11th? Just a thought

That's pretty much the point of the monthly challenge though. Different people with different goals will be at different stages of training all year. Some people may be targetting races later in the year so are still going till November, or earlier in 2015 so start going again before others...

@Green&Red & RC - exactly - I did think about the seasonal idea put forward in the 2013 thread discussion. However although many will be focused on the national series and the associated pre and post season races, many more are doing otherwise and building and peaking at different times of year.

@Macrani - noticed your clever little mini formulae to make your own data entry and calculation simpler. I've copied to my row too. AKW did suggest it but it would not have been applicable to the whole document v poster behaviour :) Thanks for the idea again. I remember my sums being off a few times on the 2013 challenge when I compared the SBR to my own record, this should sort that :)

The guts of a week of no training and I've lots of catching up to do :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

No worries MCOS. Hope all's well with you. You must be well settled into the house at this stage. But, like everyone who moves into a new house I'm sure you have a miriad of small jobs needing doing when you get the time! Is that your Caz listed on the table this year? Good for her if it is. My wife has gotten herself a new pair of runners in the sales and has been out twice - it's finally rubbing off!

PS Thanks for all the work on the BSR 2013, and for adding more variety in 2014. Good work.

Half way through the Jan SBR and Fazz still not in the lead :eek: good man Joey ;)

Oryx leading in hoochie land and all key hoochies beating Izoard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Half way through the Jan SBR and Fazz still not in the lead :eek: good man Joey ;)

Oryx leading in hoochie land and all key hoochies beating Izoard :D

Rumour has it, Fazz might struggle to hold on to second...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

BTH wrote: »
    Rumour has it, Fazz might struggle to hold on to second...... ;)

Rumours confirmed as unfounded....

Recovery thursday followed by an epic weekend ahead to chase Joey down...

Won't happen this weekend but I'm starting the work so come on BTH let's go ;-)

But fair play to Joey glad someone is putting it down and top marks for consistency!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Cheers folks, reckon a lot of it is down to timing though. Haven't had a few recovery days yet so when I take them it will probably all change. Busy weekend ahead too with the Naas duathlon but hopefully can get some decent miles in on Saturday to keep the numbers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

joey100 wrote: »
    Cheers folks, reckon a lot of it is down to timing though. Haven't had a few recovery days yet so when I take them it will probably all change. Busy weekend ahead too with the Naas duathlon but hopefully can get some decent miles in on Saturday to keep the numbers up.

Good stuff Joey. Keep it up and good luck in Naas this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I'm not naming names, but I know of someone who has 10 hours logged this week already and it's only Wednesday. Maybe they should update more often.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Brought my training gear with me to Vegas for CES with good intentions. Alas thats all they were. After 10 hours on my feet at the stand all day I was in no shape to train. Probably walked about 10 miles a day at least but cant really count that as training can I? Anyway, back in the swing of things last night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Brought my training gear with me to Vegas for CES with good intentions. Alas thats all they were. After 10 hours on my feet at the stand all day I was in no shape to train. Probably walked about 10 miles a day at least but cant really count that as training can I? Anyway, back in the swing of things last night.

if i'd have known somoene else from the tri forum was at CES i'd have arranged to meet for a coffee.

i did manage to go one better, got one run in on the treadmill in the hotel while i was there. normally when i travel i get 1 and often 2 sessions in a day, CES just seems to kill the ability every year

I have been looking forward to the hotel pool for a recovery swim most days but alas it was closed and empty. Wrong time of the year I guess even though it was warm enough.

• Advertisement

GOLD already :eek: great stuff Zico and Solobally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

GOLD already :eek: great stuff Zico and Solobally!

You're not exactly skimping on the running either. There should be no need for the gasping smilie. Not for me anyway.

And Kurt in with first swim GOLD of the year, well done punk :cool: Now let's see who tops the swim when the Jan SBR closes ;)

And Fazz takes the lead...

1.5 weeks to go in the January SBR folks, how time flies. It will be interesting to see how the month ends vs. the targets achieved in 2013:
    6 Gold, 34 Silver, 54 Bronze

There is already 5 Gold, 21 Silver and 41 Bronze in January

Ill be hoping to add a bronze to the mix. Slow start this month but I reckon I should be adding to the tally of Swim Bronze for the month if I can stick to the plan for the rest of the month. Wont be getting it in bike or run by a long way but lets see what February can do. Seeing how well every one else is doing is starting to motivate me now.

Must update...hopefully this will be my worst month of the year.

Will make run silver today and bike gold tomorrow but then January was always going to be one of the better months. Bit of a gap forming already between the top and the pack

Update your Jan numbers by the weekend folks. Jan tab won't stay open eternally

At leas the "other" section is making me feel better. 2 sessions a week for me at the moment are yoga and strength and conditioning so a lot of my time is being clocked up on that.

Went heavy on the conditioning tonight hopefully won't be too stiff tomorow and can get with in reaching distance of my first bronze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Joey you are banging out the consistency.
    Well done, great signs and keep it up.

Impressive volume indeed for an Olympic race target especially so you should be making some very solid grounds in a few months off the back of it all going well.

Thanks for the added motivation! ;)

Advertisement