Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#5) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Jesus..What have i started!!...I actually made the original point cause i thought the small teams were getting screwed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Jesus..What have i started!!...I actually made the original point cause i thought the small teams were getting screwed :)

Its all good, I signed him, everything worked out well in the end;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Now that thats sorted...

Multi studs or
    Blades :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

I love close season. Best time of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

gerp99 wrote: »
    Its all good, I signed him, everything worked out well in the end;)

I'll give you pulisic for him!

Ok no i'm not that thick :P

Damn you anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

gerp99 wrote:
    Its all good, I signed him, everything worked out well in the end

You sign everyone!!!! But thanks for selling me the keeper ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Also, I check PMs all the time, sometimes I'm just not arsed replying to some people :)

Believe it or not your NOT on the naughty list when it comes to PMs or bids! In fact you'd be top 5 at getting back (always the wrong reply but that's a different topic!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just to wade in rather lately to the new players debate etc. they actually had the best system in place a while back where the chairman of lower rated teams seemed to value other players higher. This meant that lower rated teams could outbid the higher rated teams and is exactly why Cruzeiro are now in the strong position they are currently in.

We'll never have another team like Cruzeiro again as long as this system is in place.

Also, I remember a time when (not always I admit) but very often once a bid went in on a player it seemed like it would reset a timer to another 24 hours approximately to give a chance to other bidders to respond. The way it is now with bids for new players, people have very little time to change their bid which is incredibly unfair given that they had already bid the maximum they could at that time.

I think the key point though is that SM needs to remember that people have lives. Players shouldn't be punished because they can't log on every minute of every day simply due to things like oh, you know, work.

Wilberto wrote:
    I think the key point though is that SM needs to remember that people have lives. Players shouldn't be punished because they can't log on every minute of every day simply due to things like oh, you know, work.

Dude.... I work 12.5 hour shifts 3 days a week.... 2 kids...... football training twice a week... etc etc....

I've yet to get caught out on a valuation change.... if you want the player you will remember to log back in, that simple..

I had ALL my bids in (A LOT) for players that because available from unmanaged the same day as my WEDDING!

#smpriorities

No excuses lads, you don't adjust your bid you don't deserve to be in the final round of the auction. Simple as that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Priorities... I've another word for that :D:D:D

SM is far down the list of my priorities I can tell you, I would have thought the same of most here :D

I'm on every day ...everyone in my house is asleep come 21:00 ... so SM it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm on every day ...everyone in my house is asleep come 21:00 ... so SM it is

I think I'd have plenty more to be at on my wedding day. I'd give the game up if I was at that tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I've had a few bids in for Martin Skertl at Liverpool which I have rejected but he is up for sale now if anybody wants to bid for him. The Hanover bid is leading at the moment.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I think I'd have plenty more to be at on my wedding day. I'd give the game up if I was at that tbh!

Not really..... Outside for a breath of fresh air for 10-15mins at the end of the night.... Job done, no different to stepping outside to have a smoke or something.

Its no big epic quest to get all your days SM business over and down with in a matter of mins every day!! There are a core element of players in this GW that are almost instantly available and there are others with piss poor excuses about how the (apparently voted and agreed upon but yet ignored) 14 day rule is too short.

Again, back to my original point, if you want a newly added player you will know when you need to log in and Lodge the appropriate bid, there really is no more to it. If you don't you have literally NO excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Wilberto wrote: »
    Just to wade in rather lately to the new players debate etc. they actually had the best system in place a while back where the chairman of lower rated teams seemed to value other players higher. This meant that lower rated teams could outbid the higher rated teams and is exactly why Cruzeiro are now in the strong position they are currently in.

We'll never have another team like Cruzeiro again as long as this system is in place.

Also, I remember a time when (not always I admit) but very often once a bid went in on a player it seemed like it would reset a timer to another 24 hours approximately to give a chance to other bidders to respond. The way it is now with bids for new players, people have very little time to change their bid which is incredibly unfair given that they had already bid the maximum they could at that time.

I agree with you, the old system was the best. The way it work was the lower your highest rated players, the more you could bid. at cruzeiro I sold all my highly rated pensioners to have a team rated very low, which ultimately was bound to be relegated, so I could bid more on top youths. Any lower team could of done the same but most opted to go the pensioners route and try climb the tables that way. Anybody taking over a new club now would benefit from the old system. panathonikos manager took over a lower rated squad than mine and was able to outbid me for some world class youths and he's flying now

• Advertisement

its tough for them to get it right but they have got it well wrong at the moment...

It shouldnt nessecarly be the 'poorest' team winning the auctions , but maybe how a team rates withing its division for the position on offer should come into it ... (and it should cover newly adds, teams at unmanaged and those on lvl5 concerns)

So a team in D4 might have 3 players covering DR (87, 87 and 88) where a D3 team might have 2 players covering DR (86, 88) but the D3 team might have an overall avg team rating of 87.5 VS 87 team rating for the D4 team ...

I actually think that if both had bid on a 90 DR, the D3 team should win that player despite having a higher overall team rating due to being weaker in the position in question.

Cracks me up the discussion on what's fair as well if fairness has any place in actual football. Big club wants your players, big club buys your players. So it has always been (unless said players are Mssrs. Bull and Le Tissier)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Boom the first 90 rated player arrives at Hanover this morning!!!

redzerdrog wrote: »

Massive signing congrats...... but I'm confused. a wise man once said "big clubs want your players,big clubs buy your players". How did a little small club manage to sign a massive clubs star striker ☺

Does anyone fancy selling me an 89 or higher rated CB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

redzerdrog wrote: »

A long way removed from my time there built around 2 89 rated players!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

mackeire wrote: »

Your attempts to lure Jagielka are futile - he finishes his career with Everton, even if he ends up as a 83 rated 39 year old - I'm watching you Spartakus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

A long way removed from my time there built around 2 89 rated players!!

Well everyone else is still rated 88!!

I'm trying to do a deal for Mangala(also willing to add Janmaat / Demaros ) ... but am hoping to improve an MC or DR with the deal ... I'll be on this evening if you want to PM and we see whats out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I'm trying to do a deal for Mangala(also willing to add Janmaat / Demaros ) ... but am hoping to improve an MC or DR with the deal ... I'll be on this evening if you want to PM and we see whats out there

Spartak and Porto doing a deal?! Wow its like the Good Friday Agreement all over again!

I've just realised that with all the craziness of the past SM seasons surely I'm favourite to win Div 1 as the upcoming Div 2 Champion, no?

Spartak and Porto doing a deal?! Wow its like the Good Friday Agreement all over again!

It's more like Trump and Clinton at this stage ;)

modo85 wrote: »
    Massive signing congrats...... but I'm confused. a wise man once said "big clubs want your players,big clubs buy your players". How did a little small club manage to sign a massive clubs star striker ☺

He wasn't our star striker
    He was 4th choice
    I figured "why not?"

That was it really. I wobbled a bit when I saw he'd scored a coule for the principality, but really I didn't need him. Why be greedy? It's not fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I've just realised that with all the craziness of the past SM seasons surely I'm favourite to win Div 1 as the upcoming Div 2 Champion, no?

It prob means that as runners up to you il be in the relegation fight next season!

baza Rakus wrote: »
    He wasn't our star striker
    He was 4th choice
    I figured "why not?"

That was it really. I wobbled a bit when I saw he'd scored a coule for the principality, but really I didn't need him. Why be greedy? It's not fair.

Then sell me that keeper that i keep bidding for ;)

• Advertisement

So.... thinking with the reviews (big leagues usually around Christmas) soon upon us, early predictions......

SS Lazio
    Oblak 92
    Marquinhos 91
    Giminez (91if he didn't get injured!!)
    Shaw 89 / 90
    Sanches 89 / 90
    Saul 92
    Eriksen (50/50 on him getting 92 tbh)
    Cancelo 88 / 89
    Niang 88
    Driussi 86 / 87
    Alario (88 50/50 on him)
    Guedes 87 / 88
    El Haddadi 86
    Hunou 85
    L Felipe 85 / 86
    U Lopez 85
    Samper 86 /87
    Cabellos 86
    Romero Gamarra 85
    Petagna 83
    Caricol 80
    Kalulu 80 / 82
    Muric 80
    Diakhaby 82
    Dimata 80
    Kean 80 / 82

May as well be ambitious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

So.... thinking with the reviews (big leagues usually around Christmas) soon upon us, early predictions......

SS Lazio
    Oblak 92
    Marquinhos 91
    Shaw 89 / 90
    Sanches 89 / 90
    Saul 92
    Cancelo 88 / 89
    Niang 88
    Driussi 86 / 87
    Alario (88 50/50 on him)
    Guedes 87 / 88
    El Haddadi 86
    Hunou 85
    L Felipe 85 / 86
    U Lopez 85
    Samper 86 /87
    Cabellos 86
    Romero Gamarra 85
    Petagna 83
    Caricol 80
    Kalulu 80 / 82
    Muric 80
    Diakhaby 82
    Dimata 80
    Kean 80 / 82

Every united player to get a downgrade..... :P

Colemania wrote: »

Haha bit harsh, Bailly will rise and so will Rashford and Lingard.

Fellani, Rooney, Darmian, Carrick, Young, Schnederlin, Schweinsteiger and Depay should all drop.

Jones might escape due to long term injury. Even Ibra might go to 94.

The rest are safe enough i'd say.

Colemania wrote: »

If only we could keep Fellani the same for ever!

SS Lazio
    Oblak 92
    Marquinhos 91
    Shaw 89 / 90
    Sanches 89 / 90
    Saul 92
    Cancelo 88 / 89
    Niang 88
    Driussi 86 / 87
    Alario (88 50/50 on him)
    Guedes 87 / 88
    El Haddadi 86
    Hunou 85
    L Felipe 85 / 86
    U Lopez 85
    Samper 86 /87
    Cabellos 86
    Romero Gamarra 85
    Petagna 83
    Caricol 80
    Kalulu 80 / 82
    Muric 80
    Diakhaby 82
    Dimata 80
    Kean 80 / 82

Just a tad ambitious.... the big one jumping out at me is kean 80/82 , that's a jump of 5/7 for sitting on the bench made up of 12 players 4 times in seire A this season... if he gets that jump in the next review you can have donnarumma for free ☺

At Porto:

Meunier +1 to 89?
    Kouyate +1 to 90?
    Betrand +1 to 90?
    R. Lukaku +1 to 92?
    J. Lukaku +2 to 87?
    Jesus +1 to 90?
    Tielemans +1 to 88?
    Kokorin +1 to 90?
    Knockaert +2 to 87?
    A.Perez +1 to 87?
    R. Holding +2 to 80?
    E.Fernandes +1 to 85?

H.Saivet -1 to 86?
    Kagawa -1 to 90?
    Lascelles +3 to 86

And a special mention for the mighty Moussa Sissoko previously of the Porto parish ... -1 to 89

What ye think?

At Porto:

Meunier +1 to 89?
    Kouyate +1 to 90?
    Betrand +1 to 90?
    R. Lukaku +1 to 92?
    J. Lukaku +2 to 87?
    Jesus +1 to 90?
    Tielemans +1 to 88?
    Kokorin +1 to 90?
    Knockaert +2 to 87?
    A.Perez +1 to 87?
    R. Holding +2 to 80?
    E.Fernandes +1 to 85?

H.Saivet -1 to 86?
    Kagawa -1 to 90?
    Lascelles +3 to 86

And a special mention for the mighty Moussa Sissoko previously of the Porto parish ... -1 to 89

What ye think?

All minus 1 except sissoko, he gets a +1

All minus 1 except sissoko, he gets a +1

Oh well ... Mangala just became unavailable again :p

Oh well ... Mangala just became unavailable again :p

You know that I was only joking.......,

Sissoko will get a +2 ;)

• Advertisement

At Porto:

Meunier +1 to 89?
    Kouyate +1 to 90?
    Betrand +1 to 90?
    R. Lukaku +1 to 92?
    J. Lukaku +2 to 87?
    Jesus +1 to 90?
    Tielemans +1 to 88?
    Kokorin +1 to 90?
    Knockaert +2 to 87?
    A.Perez +1 to 87?
    R. Holding +2 to 80?
    E.Fernandes +1 to 85?

H.Saivet -1 to 86?
    Kagawa -1 to 90?
    Lascelles +3 to 86

What ye think?

ha does the rl transfer of sissoko still hurt? :pac::D

gerp99 wrote: »
    ha does the rl transfer of sissoko still hurt? :pac::D

Nah... how does 30m for him possibly hurt

Nah... how does 30m for him possibly hurt

ha was just wondering cos there aint a chance he's dropping:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Dier should go to 95 for me. Then I can exchange him for 5 lads rated above 90 and then I'll win league two by 40 points.

modo85 wrote: »
    Just a tad ambitious.... the big one jumping out at me is kean 80/82 , that's a jump of 5/7 for sitting on the bench made up of 12 players 4 times in seire A this season... if he gets that jump in the next review you can have donnarumma for free ☺

I don't think you realise what you've just done..... :D

So I had a quick look at my team and my cheeky predictions:

Chiellini +1 - just for being so fabulous! (but very unlikely)
    Coleman +1 - I'm hoping his good start to the season will see him bumped
    Barry +1 - his age may count against him but Aduriz jumped from 88 to 91 between the ages of 31 and 34 irc
    Gignac -3 - for missing that sitter in the euros final
    Dentinho +1
    Hendrick +3 - a PL regular and had a a great euros
    Jullien +3 (at least) - been excellent for Toulouse this season
    Galloway +3 - hopefully

That's all really....

• Advertisement

I don't think you realise what you've just done.....

We have a massive deal lined up so he has A LOT of scope!

What team do you manage?
    My two 89 rated keepers aren't for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

1-0 win v espanyol. Good start

Have you tried Everton for Selz?

Decided not to spoil the champions first game out after the boozy celebrations and let em have a 2-1 win

• Advertisement
Advertisement