Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    [/B]

Hetfield lost a lot of that anger he put forth on stage, calmed his energy a bit. Instead now we get The Metallica Family etc, and it's cringe.

I noticed in seeing them live however, a lot of the OOhs, AAhs, Fúcks etc, they were all in the exact same places in songs. Not that they were rehearsed, but had become part of the routine.

it is a bit cringe alright, but i think it shows where he is in life, i.e. a much happier and better place

a part of being a musician is acting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I have seen Tallica 7 times by this stage and I have STILL not seen hit the lights which for me is heart breaking - always seemed to play it on the tour around the same time as the gig I was going to but never at the one I was at.

When they had the Kill em all section on the World Magnetic tour I was sure they would do it in slane, then that whole section got cut...….pricks :pac:

must look back at the setlists i have seen, memory is hazy at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

long way, TEOG- and then battery or blackend is enough to give a heart attack of excitement

i'm not big into consistency but that's one sequence of events i want kept the way it is!

I prefer an opener like Creeping Death after TEOG. One that just bursts in after the intro tape finished. Blackened has the slow build up and battery has the acoustic bit, both which are done by second intro tape so you're going intro tape, intro tape then song.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭klose

Did they ever play fight fire with fire as an intro? Heavy as sin that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

klose wrote: »
    Did they ever play fight fire with fire as an intro? Heavy as sin that one.

90% sure they have. Not sure how one would check though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Degag wrote: »
    Latter one hardly surprising?

Have seen em three times and Fight Fire With Fire, Fade to Black & Blackened not amongst the songs:eek:

Heard wolf in 2012 at download when they were doing the full black album. The times they did the black album and MOP live ticked alot of deep cuts. Also seen them do no leaf clover and turn the page live too which were both unexpected treats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

D.Q wrote: »
    Heard wolf in 2012 at download when they were doing the full black album. The times they did the black album and MOP live ticked alot of deep cuts. Also seen them do no leaf clover and turn the page live too which were both unexpected treats.

Yeah, saw MOP in it's entirely too. Fuel twice in three shows, TGTF and Through the Never my main rarities i think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's far from the best song

But I like Hardwired as an intro, I love the way it gets gradually louder and louder, then they come on stage to the roar of the crowd and smash into it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

All these choices as openers but this beats the lot of them hands down, straight for your throat

This was some fcukin day in Milton Keynes, damn i miss Jason, my fav ever member of the band, still see Rob as a temp stand in :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

scudzilla wrote: »
    All these choices as openers but this beats the lot of them hands down, straight for your throat

This was some fcukin day in Milton Keynes, damn i miss Jason, my fav ever member of the band, still see Rob as a temp stand in :pac::pac:

I wonder was James an generally anger person when he was drinking ?

PTH2009 wrote:
    I wonder was James an generally anger person when he was drinking ?

Alcoholics can be very unpleasant people, I think it's mainly self hatred, a sad state of affairs really, I'm delighted for him now, seems much happier

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Exactly, and I think the guys tend to have their kids backstage with them too, listening to the shows.

I remember one gig in the RDS (I think), it was a kids birthday, and Het brought the child out so we could sing happy birthday

and by jaysus we sang it

Premeire of the Trailer for S&M2 general release the 15th July

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hudsonn

So the S&M 2 boxset super mega-deluxe version.

There's a competition ...not to win the damn thing but to win the opportunity to buy it............ for 300 bucks!

https://www.metallica.com/contests/show/?contestID=10551

FFS! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

VPrfAgj.gif

Also no Michael Kamen no party

Ill be buying the Blu Ray

Was hoping for maybe a remastered version of S&M1 released alongside this but not to be

• Registered Users Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

D.Q wrote: »
    Ecstasy of gold into Blackened in 04 was my first experience of Metallica live and is still untouched as a intro.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    yeah it was the same for the 2009 Marley Park show, my first experience was Ecstasy of gold into Creeping Death in the same venue in 2008

Its a handy intro as its an indication of move your ass (from the bar, bathrooms etc) the show is starting :D

Yes that was my second metallica gig, '09. Also went in '08.
    Back in the good old days when 'tallica concerts were annual here!

Unfortunately back in the days when I went to gigs a lot of my favorites weren't played live. Would have loved to have heard the god that failed, turn the page, (cliff playing pulling teeth), outlaw torn, basically any of the songs at the end of the load album, the black album, and st anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yes that was my second metallica gig, '09. Also went in '08.
    Back in the good old days when 'tallica concerts were annual here!

Unfortunately back in the days when I went to gigs a lot of my favorites weren't played live. Would have loved to have heard the god that failed, turn the page, (cliff playing pulling teeth), outlaw torn, basically any of the songs at the end of the load album, the black album, and st anger.

Fairly sure they played that in Marlay pk ? :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

hudsonn wrote: »

There's a competition ...not to win the damn thing but to win the opportunity to buy it............ for 300 bucks!

Jaysus H Chr1st :eek::eek:
    ………………… M€t$lli£A :rolleyes: :eek:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

greenspurs wrote: »

Just don't look how much the special edition of Hetfield's book cost...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

2 songs from it can be streamed now (AWMH and NEM).

feylya wrote: »
    Just don't look how much the special edition of Hetfield's book cost...

much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Fairly sure they played that in Marlay pk ? :confused:

They did.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

The Nal wrote: »
    VPrfAgj.gif

Also no Michael Kamen no party

I was in attendance. It was wonderful. Id recommend watching

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    much?

$300
    kg703 wrote: »
    I was in attendance. It was wonderful. Id recommend watching

This. This thousand times.

I was too slow - the deluxe box set is already sold out on the EU store, so I have to pay the US penance. $50 shipping :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That competition is pretty shocking tbh. Every tour there's an excuse that the high ticket prices are there to support the entire entourage that they employ but I just think they're mangey as f*ck.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    That competition is pretty shocking tbh. Every tour there's an excuse that the high ticket prices are there to support the entire entourage that they employ but I just think they're mangey as f*ck.

many layers of costs in touring, the bands in its entirety, including crew and management, insurance, venues, promoters..............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    many layers of costs in touring, the bands in its entirety, including crew and management, insurance, venues, promoters..............
    That's all true, but at the same time they can't just give away something that costs $300. Just don't bother having a competition if you're concerned about missing out on a few hundred dollars. It just looks bad imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

hudsonn wrote: »

Genuine question lads, If ye think that's shocking where was the outrage when GN'R announced the Locked & Loaded box set for Appetite For Destruction when it was originally priced at $999?

Advertisement