Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

boccy23 wrote: »
    Are we not going to delay it? Start of the season may be months off.

We really should. Also missed the keeper deadline - hadn't been thinking of this at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

No problems pushing it out!
    Just hadn’t heard otherwise so went with original plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

There's no mention of delays in the draft arrangements on the website.

I can push it back if you want and reset the keeper deadline or we can just plough on. I'm easy either way.

i can update any keepers before Wednesday if anyone wants to send them to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

There's no mention of delays in the draft arrangements on the website.

I can push it back if you want and reset the keeper deadline or we can just plough on. I'm easy either way.

i can update any keepers before Wednesday if anyone wants to send them to me.
    It might be a good idea to delay the draft from our side. Who knows when the season will start and I think people have more important things to deal with at the moment. Once we have a date we can always arrange something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

Talking on ESPN of a mid May opening day

• Advertisement

I've moved the keeper deadline and the draft date to the end of March.

Yahoo have put up a note tonight saying they're making changes to accommodate the delay.

Mind yourselves everyone.

Hello all,

I hope ye're all hanging in there and you're all healthy. I'm personally beginning to feel the effects of entering the third week of staying-at-home....

I know this isn't the biggest issue around but I've pushed back the keeper deadline to the 27th of April and the draft date to 30th April at 9.30.

Mind yourselves.....

Hello fellow would be fantasy baseball players.

I hope you're all ok and staying safe wherever you all are.

The keeper deadline and the draft were due to be tomorrow and during the week. For obvious reasons I've moved them on to the 22nd and 26th May. We'll probably know at that point what the story is likely to be.

If anyone knows a fantasy baseball like game that we could play let me know. I'd appreciate the diversion!

I hope all are staying safe. Various deadlines are extended to mid June.

I haven't been following it lately but there doesn't seem to be much sign of them starting the season.

Sure we'll keep an eye on it...

Hi all,

Anyone up for some fantasy baseball????

MLB currently due to start up 23rd July so I've moved the keepers to the 18th and the draft to the 21st.

I have no idea how this might work. 4 day matches in head to head so we get to playoffs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Yea, I'm still in.

Looking at how they have set up the game weeks in the game, it looks like 11 weeks up to 27/9 so I guess everyone can play each other once and then 2 weeks for the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

I’m in.
    Looking forward to having baseball back, finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Count me in.

I'm in but can't see it being played out!

Yeah I see Tommy Pham has been diagnosed now. I’d say they’ll be lucky to get the NBA playoffs done let alone baseball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Still in. Looking forward to it

I’m in

In our NHL league one year, 2012/13 maybe .. something happened, I can’t remember what exactly and we needed to have a shortened season. So we switched to Roto for that year only.

I was listening to Fantasy Focus on Monday and they were saying something similar.
    As it such a strange year, why not try something different just for this year and revert back next year when it is (hopefully) back to normal.
    Maybe a Roto would be a good idea.

boccy23 wrote: »
    I was listening to Fantasy Focus on Monday and they were saying something similar.
    As it such a strange year, why not try something different just for this year and revert back next year when it is (hopefully) back to normal.
    Maybe a Roto would be a good idea.

Yep I agree, Roto is probably fairer given the reduced schedule. Let's do it

Might be the easiest.
    Also don’t mind freezing the keepers to next year and just doing an open re-draft for one year only.

• Advertisement

Might be the easiest.
    Also don’t mind freezing the keepers to next year and just doing an open re-draft for one year only.

Didn't consider that, might also be necessary if some of the keeper-calibre players opt out

I'm happy to do any option. A few players have opted out but I don't see too many that will influence our league.

Can teams pop their preferences on here? The league is currently set up to play seven games and then two weeks of playoffs in Head to Head.

If ye want to stick with the current arrangements the keeper deadline is currently Saturday. If you want to change it I can save the current rosters for next season.

Votes please! 1. H2H with keepers or 2. Open draft and roto

Open draft and Roto for me but fine with either too

Open draft with roto for me too just for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lankythecamel

yes for open draft and roto

Open Draft+Roto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Open Draft & Roto

For this year only, I agree with the Open draft & Roto.

Reset next years with same keepers.

Draft now set for this Monday 20th @ 9.30. Hopefully that suits everyone. Standard 5x5 Roto/ no trade deadline/same player settings as last year/ 3 IL spots (I've added one from last year)

Snaking Draft order is:
    1. JPF
    2. Drakes
    3. Badgers
    4. Dodgers
    5. Titans
    6. Rebel Sox
    7. Kings
    8. Fireballers
    9. Zephyrs
    10. El Capitan

• Advertisement

Just a reminder - draft is TONIGHT at 9.30....

Advertisement