Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I was exhausted after the draft. The extra two spots really changed it up. The two injured players also confused me and somebody jumped in before I felt comfortable - that could work out really well for them or not.

I had three preferences for my first pick and they all disappeared and I slightly panicked and went for Posey (I've never had a top catcher). The plan immediately fell apart and it all got a bit frantic

I don't think I was alone. The lack of chat during the draft spoke volumes to me. I think a beer or two might have actually helped me a bit!

I've just had a look at the roster and I'm happy enough with it. I took a punt on Treinen at the very end and that seems to have worked out so here's hoping I can be more competitive than last year.

Best of luck to all. Bring on the new season!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

I think that was my over riding feeling as well. Chaos. I actually did a good bit of prep for the draft. But it seemed that each round someone would go for a sleeper pick down the rankings. Started to panic big time. Wish I had of been more proactive when the run on relievers started.
    The draft pool was so deep, especially with OF that I think most here will be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Yea, I enjoyed the draft, even though 90 seconds might seem long but I think it is needed especially when you draft queue has 3/4 players gone in a few picks and suddenly its your turn.

As for my team I was happy that Gary Sanchez was still on the board when my first pick came. There was some other guys I was gonna reach for but as mentioned by Doogs, others had the same idea, reached and picked them (sometimes a pick or 2) before I could pull the trigger.

Like previous seasons pitching will make or break my season as alot of my picks are speculative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hey guys, a question for people who know about Yahoo settings. This is regarding a league setting in a different league.
    If waivers is set to 'daily - tomorrow' can it be changed? Or is that locked. I recall it was locked before....

I just checked the settings in our league. That option to change daily settings can't be changed once the season starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Marte gone for 80 games for PEDs. That takes the shine off the nice start to the season!

Open for trade discussions.
    No low-balling ;-)

But will consider offers. Look out for in-coming trades....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭boccy23

No low-balling ;-)

Artful Dodgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

No low-balling ;-)

You just reminded me to update my trading block.

But it's updated now, would be great if everyone could update theirs also.

I was bored and sent a few offers around. Everyone is available for the right (David) Price!
    Looking to freshen the squad up before the season is lost!

• Advertisement

5-24 over the last three weeks. Into rebuilding mode we go!

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    5-24 over the last three weeks. Into rebuilding mode we go!

which team are you?
    I'm the Badgers

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Had tolka drakes by the scruff of the neck saturday morning. All I had to was sit senzatela/gausmann/archer (or any two) and the 6-4 win was in the bag at least!! Innings limit reached and all.....

I got greedy.....and I paid the price.

I have Gausman in another Head to Head league. He's now too scary to start, too much potential to drop....

Anyone have saves to trade?

which team are you?
    I'm the Badgers

I'm El Capitan. Probably should have some sort of flair here to identity teams!

Getting very competitive now for that fourth spot. 7 games between 4th and 9th. Nearly everyone still in with a shout of a playoff place.:)

My pitching has gone to the dogs and I have loads of outfielders.

K Kings

Any offers will be listened to.

4 players on the DL and 3 are day-to-day

Bad time of the year to start getting injuries!

8-10 wrote: »
    4 players on the DL and 3 are day-to-day

Bad time of the year to start getting injuries!

5 DL and 1 DTD
    Jaysus!

Thank you and goodnight.

Till 2018!

• Advertisement

Fair play K Kings, 3 wins in 4 seasons!

My search for an elusive title continues. A pitching implosion in the final week cost me dearly with my aces not contributing at all. It's a weird week to have the final with all the roster nonsense. Your pitching was awesome on Sunday night so I don't think it would have made any difference.

Once again, timing is everything. The Fireballers were the best team again in regular season and just ran into my team having a fantastic week in the semi....

Maybe next year!! :):)

Fair play K Kings, 3 wins in 4 seasons!

My search for an elusive title continues. A pitching implosion in the final week cost me dearly with my aces not contributing at all. It's a weird week to have the final with all the roster nonsense. Your pitching was awesome on Sunday night so I don't think it would have made any difference.

Once again, timing is everything. The Fireballers were the best team again in regular season and just ran into my team having a fantastic week in the semi....

Maybe next year!! :):)
    I know...he runs so well this time of the year. My team not so well as I now have 3 4th places in 4 seasons. I guess you put your team in position and hope things go your way so well done to him.

This year I set my pitching up okay for the playoffs and my streaming picks mostly worked out but I lost most of the batting cats in both matchups. Normally it is the other way round. Ah well back to the drawing board for next season...

Coeus wrote: »
    I know...he runs so well this time of the year. My team not so well as I now have 3 4th places in 4 seasons. I guess you put your team in position and hope things go your way so well done to him.

This year I set my pitching up okay for the playoffs and my streaming picks mostly worked out but I lost most of the batting cats in both matchups. Normally it is the other way round. Ah well back to the drawing board for next season...

Thanks lads. The playoffs are always funny. I struggled all year with pitching and then essentially win the final on pitching. I had 9 wins and 5 saves in the last week. Most of these came from my regular pitchers. Also Trea Turner got about 4 steals which won that catagory.

It really is all about getting into the playoffs and then anything can happen.

Enjoyed the year again. Will enjoy the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GiantSquirrel

Just wanted to add my congrats to the Kings and also to the Dodgers for running them close.  It all feels pretty harsh on the Fireballers who seemed mostly unplayable (to me anyway!) all year.

I didn't notice it so much last year, but that final week with all the resting of players and rotation re-sets is a rubbish week to play a final.

I enjoyed my sophomore year so I'm looking forward to being back for more in 2018.  My aim will be to avoid having all 6 of my keepers on the DL at the same time as seemed to happen mid-season this year.  Maybe the SF Giants might remember how to play baseball next year too!

Have a great off-season everyone.

I do agree with the sentiment of Squirrel here.

Will we look at increasing the number of DL slots for 2018?

With the 10 day DL, there was times when I had 3/4/5 players so taking up my bench with DL players.

boccy23 wrote: »
    I do agree with the sentiment of Squirrel here.

Will we look at increasing the number of DL slots for 2018?

With the 10 day DL, there was times when I had 3/4/5 players so taking up my bench with DL players.
    Yes this is something we should look at...teams seemed to make alot more use of it, be it for injuries, roster manipulation or whatever. Maybe we can add an extra DL slot and see how that pans out.

Enjoyable season. Feels like cheating that I got 3rd place in a 5-5 playoff against the team with the best regular season record (Fireballers), but I guess it goes on head-to-head record and I edged it even though we only met twice over the season.

I had a couple of times during the season where I had more than 2 players on DL but I actually would be opposed to increasing it. 2 should be sufficient in a league as small as ours. But as always will leave it up to the league consensus.

A nice rollercoaster past 4 years of 10th - 1st - 5th - 3rd!

Well done (again!) K Kings

8-10 wrote: »
    Enjoyable season. Feels like cheating that I got 3rd place in a 5-5 playoff against the team with the best regular season record (Fireballers), but I guess it goes on head-to-head record and I edged it even though we only met twice over the season.
    Yea, I noticed that anomaly (playing only 2 matches) when I was checking the head-to-head record at the start of the week. Your matchup win was better than mine so I knew I needed to win.

I was almost there until Maeda made that relief appearance to the 5th inning to put him in line for the win. That timing worked out well for you as it got you Wins and tied the matchup. When I say I don't run well I mean it :)

Coeus wrote: »
    Yea, I noticed that anomaly (playing only 2 matches) when I was checking the head-to-head record at the start of the week. Your matchup win was better than mine so I knew I needed to win.

I was almost there until Maeda made that relief appearance to the 5th inning to put him in line for the win. That timing worked out well for you as it got you Wins and tied the matchup. When I say I don't run well I mean it :)

Yeah I actually only took him off my bench in case that happened. He wasn't starting but he had made a relief appearance last week so I figured I'd put him in just in case. For the amount of streaming we did the wins total was very low!

• Advertisement

FYI GUYS!!

"The 2018 Fantasy Baseball season will begin on February 15"

Advertisement