Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Licence to hunt with firearms???

• 03-02-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

I never got a any documentation to say that I could or could not hunt on my new fac. Is it still the case that hunters are still allowed to hunt even though it's not stated on the cert? And if so when will this issue be addressed properly?

Thanks for any help offered in re to this subject

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The new licenses do not have the same authorisation on it like the old white ones, but after some back and forth it was agreeed that while it is not written on the actual license the authorisation still stands once you have an FAC.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Ezridax wrote: »
    The new licenses do not have the same authorisation on it like the old white ones, but after some back and forth it was agreeed that while it is not written on the actual license the authorisation still stands once you have an FAC.
    Thanks for the speedy reply. Will till still be the case when the renewals start coming in to existence. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

i presume it states something on a pistol license that it cant be used for hunting

Zxthinger wrote: »
    Thanks for the speedy reply. Will till still be the case when the renewals start coming in to existence. ?
    God only knows, and even he isn't sure.
    daithi55 wrote: »
    i presume it states something on a pistol license that it cant be used for hunting
    Not on the license.

The conditions of your license are set out when you apply for it. So if you mark hunting on the license application for a pistol it will be refused. Also the only legal reason for licensing a pistol is for target shooting so unlike having a target rifle, and using it for hunting if caught using a pistol for hunting you could be charged with an offence.

I'm not saying it right, i'm not even saying it's well thought out/written, but the DoJ/An Gardai are not as concerned with a las using a rifle for dual purposes as they are with using a pistol for anything other than target shooting.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

The law was amended to allow for this a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Considering what happened in uk....
    Has this been sorted here and can anyone provide a link to the hunting licences. Etc

Zombie thread.

Closing, but if you wish to start a new thread feel free.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement