Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - 3Arena - January 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trotsky00

Going on me own to this. Where is a good place to go for a few pints after? Staying in Christchurch direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Trotsky00 wrote: »
    Going on me own to this. Where is a good place to go for a few pints after? Staying in Christchurch direction.

Bruxelles for some decent tunes, fibbers for volume of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

will there be any more standing tickets released?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I have two spare seated tickets if anyone needs them ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aqn29swlgbmiu4

I have 2 spare seated tickets, block A for sale at face value, €75 each. PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

Still raging I'm missing this. I've never seen slipknot as headliners, and behemoth are incredible live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭fyfe79

It's subjective, I suppose. I've been to plenty of big shows over the years by bands whose teething problems make for an entertaining, more human show and who started out joyriding album tracks and oddities before that tour fatigue that just means they're playing a greatest hits/holding pattern setlist with no variance by the time the first leg is done with.

Off the top of my head, The Cure and Suede are two excellent bands who know how to play everything you'd want to hear whilst filling each set with some more obscure fan favourites from night to night. It's easier with a niche/cult audience, though. Although the Cure are a pretty huge cult.

When you get to playing stadiums, your setlist typically becomes less daring.

This is what I've found with several rock/metal bands - the first couple of shows after a new album is released include tracks which will be quickly dropped if they're found to be not gelling with the audience. They're likely to be never played live again. As a taper myself, these are the shows you want to be taping at!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,828 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to this

Crazy it's happening 5 years to the day of the last Dublin show with Korn supporting. I'll go in for Behemoth just to see what all the hype is about

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Justiiin

Hi,
    Anyone selling standing tickets in Dublin?
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

No tickets left for this on Ticketmaster at the moment.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

If anyone is looking to sell standing tickets let me know.

Got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

May have a single standing ticket for sale, I'll know in the morning. Face value anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21 niconoa

Standing tickets and block D tickets on sale on Ticketmaster today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ticket arrived today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭klose

Early days but where would be a good spot for a few beers pre gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

10 days to go, yeeeowww!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Justiiin

May have a single standing ticket for sale, I'll know in the morning. Face value anyway

Meet me in Dublin next week if you still have tickets?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

Club Hell have an after party on anyway...

Green room will be playing random slipknot tunes before and after the gig as usual

Hoping critical darling and Nero forte get onto the setlist my two favourite off the new album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

kg703 wrote: »
    Club Hell have an after party on anyway...

Green room will be playing random slipknot tunes before and after the gig as usual

Hoping critical darling and Nero forte get onto the setlist my two favourite off the new album

Is club hell the place under Tara Street? Was in there one night before Christmas and it's certainly shed its cool metal exterior, and was packed full of huns bopping to mumble rap

Edit I stand correctedhttps://m.facebook.com/events/918305911838476

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

What time will Slipknot be on at roughly? Half 8? Working that day and driving up from Waterford so don't wanna be late for them.

Excited!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Fibbers have an aftershow too

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

I have 2 standing tickets. Would anyone be interested in swapping for seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

I'm looking for one standing ticket please. Drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trotsky00

Can't wait for this. Can't believe less than a week left. Going on me own. So need to find a place for a few pints before hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,828 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Trotsky00 wrote: »
    Can't wait for this. Can't believe less than a week left. Going on me own. So need to find a place for a few pints before hand!

The 3arena has great transport links and the city centre is only about a 15 min loss trip away

The green room bar and Gibson Hotel are the closet places. Both nice places but can be very busy

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Anyone use point car park before or Luas handier? 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Can't speak for the car park but the luas is great. 15 mins from city centre to outside the arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Anyone use point car park before or Luas handier? ðŸ‘

Car park is grand but can be a bastard getting out of it in terms of delays. You might be better parking at Jervis ans getting the luas from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Degag wrote: »
    Can't speak for the car park but the luas is great. 15 mins from city centre to outside the arena

If you are using the car park best thing to do is leave when you know the concert is over...don't even wait and you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The Luas is grand now that they've organised barriers for queuing and have people there for crowd control and only let people on in groups.

I've personally never had an issue getting out of the car park but heard stories of a few people not being let out and having to wait. Sometimes you can get a good spot as people who aren't there for the gig will leave as you're arriving.

Advertisement