Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - 3Arena - January 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The assurance comes from working in the industry for a number of years.

Would you prepare a presentation, video, speech or similar to be played in front of thousands of people without having gone through it a few times before?

They have also been touring since the second half of last year....

What makes you think they wouldn't be prepared?

If you had given pretty much the same presentation hundreds of time over 20 years... Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

What makes you think they wouldn't be prepared?
    Nothing at all mate. I think they are prepared. I also think that preparation doesn't necessarily exclude getting on stage before tomorrow night and going through a few things.

Plenty of bands do it. Especially muscle operations like Slipknot who are essentially well oiled, million dollar, multi truck travelling carnivals.

I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong. Only one of us is attempting to sound objectively self assured - because they're working in the biz - about a leg of a tour none of us have actually caught a glimpse of yet.

They might jam an album track in the arena in the next few hours. What they done in some hanger off the beaten path a few weeks ago might be enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭thebourke

where did you see they havr arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭thebourke

saw slipknot 20 years ago first time at dynamo festival
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_Open_Air#Dynamo_Open_Air_2000

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

thebourke wrote: »
    saw slipknot 20 years ago first time at dynamo festival
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_Open_Air#Dynamo_Open_Air_2000

Went to so many Dynamo's in the 90's, this one in 2000 was the first i missed as it was only a 1 dayer.

Some amazing crazy times we had there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Avachambo9

Selling 2 first row balcony tix in block g, 70 euro each. Need to sell together. Pm me :)
    Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Good lord I'm excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trotsky00

I will be blasting Slipknot with a few beers for the next few hours to get the enzymes going for tomorrow night!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Early start tomorrow 3+hrs drive. Then flight to Dublin, then roll the fcuk on Slipknot!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Corey Taylor is such a great singer and I'd say non slipknot fans would be amazed to know it's the same guy singing like this

https://youtu.be/pa1b5rmLXs0

https://youtu.be/Q-pXD0FXLQ8

Never seen stone sour but hopefully one day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Sorry my posts were referring to tonight show being a rehearsal which another poster mentioned it might be.

They were rehearsing last night until quite late actually, full AV test and prep too so we should be in for a treat.

Roll on 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Where were they rehearsing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

s8n wrote: »
    Where were they rehearsing ?

The Point I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

I’m outrageously excited

I feel I’m too old for mosh pits now but refuse to buy seating tickets so i might just find myself a good dancing spot at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trotsky00

kg703 wrote: »
    I’m outrageously excited

I feel I’m too old for mosh pits now but refuse to buy seating tickets so i might just find myself a good dancing spot at the back

I’m the exact same on the train to dub now. Going on my own and standing. Too old to mosh so must find a nice spot by the bar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Anyone know what time Slipknot might kick off at? I've no interest in seeing Behemoth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Doors: 18:30

Behemoth: 19:30

Slipknot: 21:00

Source - 3Arena FB page.

Very much excite hopefully they mix a few things up, Behemoth shall be a solid opener no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoy everyone this will be a great one

Have myself a nice seated ticket in Block N away from that standing war zone lol

Few cans on the train up buzzing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Had convinced myself I didn’t want to go.: now on the hunt for a last minute ticket, Behemoth can’t be missed in a big venue and Slipknot always produce..

Pray for Ben:P

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Had convinced myself I didn’t want to go.: now on the hunt for a last minute ticket, Behemoth can’t be missed in a big venue and Slipknot always produce..

Pray for Ben:P

I have a friend trying to sell a standing ticket, his misses decided not to go yesterday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

kg703 wrote: »
    I have a friend trying to sell a standing ticket, his misses decided not to go yesterday :D

think I have one seating sorted, but i may shoot you a PM if not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Well that was a smashing show. Was standing near the front, got sucked into various pits which were fun, tremendous energy from the band and people throughout.

Only two downsides for me.

Behemoth set was way too short at 40 odd minutes.

No Spit it Out from slipknot, other than that, a top drawer evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭klose

Insane

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

GIG..... OF......... THE..... YEAR.

(Yes, I know. No, I don't care)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Ye must have all been at a different show to me! The sound was absolutely appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Excellent gig. They have some energy. Solway Firth the highlight for me. Some song.

Is not playing Spit it Out akin to Metallica not playing Enter Sandman?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Unbelievable gig.

New songs are brilliant. Soloway/nero forte/unsainted. Think they had a boo boo near the end of Nero forte, not all on the same page but wasn't too noticeable.

All out life followed by duality was a crazy spell. Best part.

Lost my shoe too.

Thanks to the guy that picked me up when I was falling.

Sounds wasnt great, in that I couldn't really here Corey right at the top but if I stood 10 - 15 feet back it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Unreal energy from the band and the crowd. Top class gig.

Anyone who pre-judges Slipknot is missing out big time.

Can’t wait to see them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

That was good....

I find it hard to say much more.

Never went to any shows when I was young enough to get involved in the centre of things and was never really that sort of person either so mates and I found ourselves a good pillar to use as support and just sort of basked. Don't normally end up in the standing but I didn't book the tickets.

Some energy in the place.

Advertisement