Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slipknot - 3Arena - January 14th

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I was unable to obtain a ticket for any of the dates, I had remembered someone here say months ago, I think it was WrongWay1985 that the Belfast date 3 years ago didn't sell out so I assumed it wouldn't have been popular, though I'm not sure about going anyway, I do like Slipknot but the thought of giving money to insufferable Corey Taylor doesn't sit right with me, I saw them once from afar at Download this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

peekachoo wrote: »
    Yep VIP + early entry I think!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :eek:

Sorry couldn't help it …..

The "PoshMosh" crew …..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I was unable to obtain a ticket for any of the dates, I had remembered someone here say months ago, I think it was WrongWay1985 that the Belfast date 3 years ago didn't sell out so I assumed it wouldn't have been popular, though I'm not sure about going anyway, I do like Slipknot but the thought of giving money to insufferable Corey Taylor doesn't sit right with me, I saw them once from afar at Download this year.

Ummm, maybe you are talking specifically about standing tickets but if not there are plenty seated tickets left!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I'm sure it especially didn't sit right with you after not being able to get tickets.

To each their own, but my rock n'roll calendar would be a whole hell of a lot emptier if I elected not to see bands with at least one absolute knob goblin in them. Notable exceptions like Maiden aside, the vast majority of top flight bands in rock and metal are filled with some absolute weapons.

It's all about the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I think London would be handier to go to as I live in the Ulster countryside as I previously mentioned which doesn't have good public transport links to the Pale. I do enjoy visiting London even though I am anti London rule, I try to stay in a different area every time I go, last time was Brixton,
    I never noticed London being that expensive, I am able to get a hotel room at £50 whereas they are much more expensive in Dublin, I dislike going to Europe because of the language difference though I haven't been there since I was 11.

You sound like a good laugh... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

mloc123 wrote: »

Loves London though

Arrogant little posts like your really annoy me, fishing for the upvotes. If you are poking fun of my excessive writing style or something it is because I have Aspergers, I can't even express how arrogant "roll eyes" symbols are.

s8n wrote: »
    Loves London though

Do you have a problem wih that sir?

I'm sure it especially didn't sit right with you after not being able to get tickets.

To each their own, but my rock n'roll calendar would be a whole hell of a lot emptier if I elected not to see bands with at least one absolute knob goblin in them. Notable exceptions like Maiden aside, the vast majority of top flight bands in rock and metal are filled with some absolute weapons.

It's all about the music.

Taylor is basically joint leader of Slipknot now, supporting the band is supporting him, anyway I can find the odd standing ticket but I think I'll miss this tour as I'm not paying £300 for a trip to Glasgow, judging by the Download crowd I am better off at work that evening anyway, a load of hipsters pretending to be dark edgy metal heads whilst at the same time holding their girlfriends hand.

Do you have a problem wih that sir?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Arrogant little posts like your really annoy me, fishing for the upvotes. If you are poking fun of my excessive writing style or something it is because I have Aspergers, I can't even express how arrogant "roll eyes" symbols are.

I am 'poking fun' at your very narrow outlook on life.

I am 'poking fun' at your very narrow outlook on life.

Well done on the upvotes, that'll keep you happy for an.hour.

Narrow outlook? I wouldn't call anyone who has attended a Slipknot concert in their life as having a narrow outlook in life if I am to be honest, that's a confusing reply actually, I was posting about how I like London, the reason being it is has such a wide array of culture yet I have a narrow view of life? I can't be doing with people I must say, hive mind forums like this really make my misanthropy flare up. Make sure to give his reply your up votes fellows, you have to be seen to be taking sides on a forum argument, I really can't understand what goes on in the mind of "normal" humans, it makes me glad I'm riddled with the autism.

s8n wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Come on fellows, give him his upvotes, don't be rude to him.

I hope you fellows enjoy the Dublin show, make sure to show Corey around all the Gaelic sites in the pale, all those Georgian buildings and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,404 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

hive mind forums like this really make my misanthropy flare up.

Nobody is forcing you to post here.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nobody is forcing you to post here.

You are right and I won't be anymore, I worry for my blood pressure so won't be reading any more comments, I can't stand places like this, people love winding you up as they know they will never meet you in person, they wouldn't be as quick with their snide comments if they met you on a country road, full of pretentious fellows this place as is reddit, full of young Dubln people who have hipster beards.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,404 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You are right and I won't be anymore, I worry for my blood pressure so won't be reading any more comments, I can't stand places like this, people love winding you up as they know they will never meet you in person, they wouldn't be as quick with their snide comments if they met you on a country road, full of pretentious fellows this place as is reddit, full of young Dubln people who have hipster beards.

Fairly sure I've never seen a hipster beard at a Slipknot concert, not quite the same audience.

Come on fellows, give him his upvotes, don't be rude to him.

I hope you fellows enjoy the Dublin show, make sure to show Corey around all the Gaelic sites in the pale, all those Georgian buildings and all.

No upvotes here buddy, this isn't Reddit !!

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

off you go now...... Cheerio

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So getting back on track, Behemoth they really seem to love coming here in recent times, Vicar Street in February of this year (i think), King John's Castle with Amon Amarth in June, and now The Point (i'll never refer to it by it's other name) with Slipknot next January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

r/iamverybadass or r/iamverysmart :confused:

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call anyone who has attended a Slipknot concert in their life as having a narrow outlook in life if I am to be honest
    judging by the Download crowd I am better off at work that evening anyway, a load of hipsters pretending to be dark edgy metal heads whilst at the same time holding their girlfriends hand.
    Is going to a Slipknot show indicative that you have an open mind, or an act undertaken by these imaginary hipsters who are haunting your porch?

On the subject of acting the hard man behind the keyboard that you were grandstanding up above, I was at the Download gig by the way. With my girlfriend. Pretty sure I held her hand a fair few times. I'd love for you to have come up to me for an ol' chit chat about that.

Got battered at that gig, for what it's worth. Scores of people on the walk back to the village were saying it was the biggest simultaneous crush/pit they'd ever seen during the intro ;).

I’m reading this whilst stroking my Dublin hipster beard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Lads that Poster has already mentioned they've Aspergers, I can't claim to be an expert but as I understand it they may have more difficulty determining whos gently slagging or having a bit of fun and might misread the tone of what you consider to be harmless joking around to be downright insulting.....

Not preaching but lets all just try and get on as music fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I have one standing ticket (hard copy) for sale due to a friend pulling out, face value, drop a PM if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dublin is the first show of their new tour so we will have the pleasure of hearing the new setlist (they aren't the best for varying the setlist lately) first, aswell as a few first live plays off their new album, getting excited for it now little over a month to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Did everyone receive their hard copy tickets? Mine never showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Did everyone receive their hard copy tickets? Mine never showed up.

I got collectors tickets last week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

klose wrote: »
    Dublin is the first show of their new tour so we will have the pleasure of hearing the new setlist (they aren't the best for varying the setlist lately) first, aswell as a few first live plays off their new album, getting excited for it now little over a month to it now!

Seeing the first step of a tour is probably the worst one. There'll likely A) be a LOT of mistakes since they'll be testing things out and B) Not a super playlist

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Seeing the first step of a tour is probably the worst one. There'll likely A) be a LOT of mistakes since they'll be testing things out and B) Not a super playlist
    It's subjective, I suppose. I've been to plenty of big shows over the years by bands whose teething problems make for an entertaining, more human show and who started out joyriding album tracks and oddities before that tour fatigue that just means they're playing a greatest hits/holding pattern setlist with no variance by the time the first leg is done with.

Off the top of my head, The Cure and Suede are two excellent bands who know how to play everything you'd want to hear whilst filling each set with some more obscure fan favourites from night to night. It's easier with a niche/cult audience, though. Although the Cure are a pretty huge cult.

When you get to playing stadiums, your setlist typically becomes less daring.

Advertisement