Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The “piped in” crowd noises for live matches. It’s fine for soccer as it serves as an “alert” to look up from your phone but in other sports it’s just a pain.

Bit odd having a stadium “announcer” too. Just seems, wholly, unnecessary.

It’s better than hearing the odd F word and followed by a groveling apology!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Random voice mails that just say ring back but no details given as to what for.. I have a feeling I actually don't want to ring this number back..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Calls from Vodafone.... :(
    Christ, does the fact that I’ve not answered ye the odd 20 times or so ye have rang the last ten days not give ye the smallest clue at all?!? Grr!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bought a second hand iphone 6s because I needed to work an authenticator bank app - which is a crap app anyway.

Phone is in great nick etc.
    But I hate it feels so unnecessary (except the app)

Previous phone I had was a nokia 215 great battery life non smart phone - limited internet.
    I bought that Nokia because I was fed up recharging a blackview smartphone (Chinese iphone knock off)

Now I nearly went into convulsions, when I learnt all the hassle it is to change a battery on an iphone 6s.
    You tube comments said it was much easier than iphone 7!
    Far as I am concerned seems far too unnecessarily difficult.

Another thing that really annoys me.I can't just download a random mp3 file I have and make it into a ringtone.
    Have to jump through hoops loading apps and all sorts. Unless you buy one from itunes.
    That fecking Steve Jobs fella was genius - genius at making money and making things awkward on purpose - right to repair etc

TLDR - I bought a second hand iphone for the sake of a bank app. I hate it, and feel like part of me has died inside. And I have lost respect for myself for giving in, and buying it. An annoying phone.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'm the same, obsessive date checker and will always root around for the best one - but don't mess up the shelves in the process. My wife isn't bothered about dates though.

Anytime I'd to get milk for my mother she'd warm me about getting a carton with furthest best before date, even though the carton of milk would be empty within a hour or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I need to leave this stupid mother's group I'm in online. At least once a week, someone will ask what to put in their kids "Christmas Eve box", specifying they want original ideas etc. There will literally be about 200 comments from people ALL saying the same things - "jammies", hot chocolate, Christmas movie, socks, reindeer food etc. Hey, she asked for some original ideas! But no, she gets 200 people saying the same thing. I'm gonna give my six month old a cheeseboard. Humbug.

Also TA, my Bible bashing neighbour left me in a letter while I was out. Came home and the OH handed it to me, saying the preacher left this for you. She's basically trying to force me to baptise my child. All this shíte about how she is the "Christmas miracle" notwithstanding that she's a girl, was born in May and I can attest there was nothing immaculate about that conception. She asked me to take her words into my heart and do the right thing. I'm going to return to sender saying she's fed and loved, end of. She doesn't need her head watered down to cleanse her of a sin she hasn't committed by an institution that defends people who abuse children her age. Ok, I'll remind myself she's a benign old woman and not do that and just be TAd :D But why can't people just accept that their god might not be the same as everyone else's? What's this arrogance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lionse

Repetitive ads on Newstalk especially quotedevil one every 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Antares35 wrote: »

Also TA, my Bible bashing neighbour left me in a letter while I was out. Came home and the OH handed it to me, saying the preacher left this for you. She's basically trying to force me to baptise my child. All this shíte about how she is the "Christmas miracle" notwithstanding that she's a girl, was born in May and I can attest there was nothing immaculate about that conception. But why can't people just accept that their god might not be the same as everyone else's? What's this arrogance?

Leave the muppet a letter back replying...

“ thanks for dropping the letter. Despite your intentions being good I am asking you to immediately stop this behavior. DO NOT send letters to me regarding my children, family, religion or any similar personal matter, in fact NO letters full stop, I wish to receive no further correspondence from you, regardless of the subject your feelings or your concerns. Failure to adhere to this request will leave me no other option than to go the legal route”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Strumms wrote: »
    Leave the muppet a letter back replying...

“ thanks for dropping the letter. Despite your intentions being good I am asking you to immediately stop this behavior. DO NOT send letters to me regarding my children, family, religion or any similar personal matter, in fact NO letters full stop, I wish to receive no further correspondence from you, regardless of the subject your feelings or your concerns. Failure to adhere to this request will leave me no other option than to go the legal route”

I'd love to do that to be honest. I'm sick of her meddling. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Awake... :(

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    I need to leave this stupid mother's group I'm in online. At least once a week, someone will ask what to put in their kids "Christmas Eve box", specifying they want original ideas etc. There will literally be about 200 comments from people ALL saying the same things - "jammies", hot chocolate, Christmas movie, socks, reindeer food etc. Hey, she asked for some original ideas! But no, she gets 200 people saying the same thing. I'm gonna give my six month old a cheeseboard. Humbug.

Also TA, my Bible bashing neighbour left me in a letter while I was out. Came home and the OH handed it to me, saying the preacher left this for you. She's basically trying to force me to baptise my child. All this shíte about how she is the "Christmas miracle" notwithstanding that she's a girl, was born in May and I can attest there was nothing immaculate about that conception. She asked me to take her words into my heart and do the right thing. I'm going to return to sender saying she's fed and loved, end of. She doesn't need her head watered down to cleanse her of a sin she hasn't committed by an institution that defends people who abuse children her age. Ok, I'll remind myself she's a benign old woman and not do that and just be TAd :D But why can't people just accept that their god might not be the same as everyone else's? What's this arrogance?

Never ever stop posting!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That avantcard ad with "Dermot" doing up his home office.
    While there's a constant stream of really unfunny, conversational ads on the radio, this one is special!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Public hand sanitising stations.

The mix of press button and sensor types.

They're either empty, deliver a tiny wren-shyte sized droplet, or ejaculate gi normous greasy splodges.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

HeyV wrote: »
    Calls from Vodafone.... :(
    Christ, does the fact that I’ve not answered ye the odd 20 times or so ye have rang the last ten days not give ye the smallest clue at all?!? Grr!

Sky are the same. I recently answered after about 10 days of repeated call attempts and politely said "Whatever you're trying to sell me, I'm not interested" and the guy acted all butthurt as if I was a complete asshole.

Even 'BC' I used to buy a lot of them hand sanitizer things. My 'go-to' ones were the ones that released foam - until they didn't seem to be as available, so I had to opt for those 'vaseline lite' :p type ones :pac:

Don't know how to describe them any better, but they're very messy :D

TA in shops if too much comes out - like a thimbleful, or more - then I'm standing there seemingly like a Spare Prik while I take about 15 secs at least to rub an excessive amount of the stuff in until it; well until it's gone. And then about another at least 5 secs to rub away the oily residue at the end :mad:

If I'm in some places where I don't feel 'too many eyes' on me, and too much 'gunk' is dispersed I usually 'shake it off' (the excess ) onto ground :D

Fukkem - aint nobody got the time, or nerve to be static in a shop 'rubbing their hands'.

I can see this being a 'topic of conversation' on phone in radio shows, or TV magazine shows "going forward"

TLDR The awkwardness of rubbing in hand sanitizer, when too much is dispensed :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I live in a normal, nice quiet neighborhood, never any trouble. But last night... about 03.50 I’m awakened by the motherfuçker of all screaming matches out on the road.. AT my gate which for some reason was smacked open too... a guy and a girl literally roaring at each other... after 10 minutes he goes to walk away, she follows him... she walks away, he follows her... both ROARING and I mean roaring their business from their evening all over what was previously deathly quiet and peaceful morning, ... she says to him not to follow her as he’s scaring her, when he walks away she instead instantly starts following him, roaring her head of like a fûckin banshee, ROARING .... then they end up back outside, it starts again...

Many of the places here now have been bought by landlords with a college 15 minutes walk away, and what’s been a nice, sleepy old nice area is slowly becoming pain in the assville.

I think it was after 4 am when I got back to sleep... nice way to start the weekend.

How come the generation NOW in their early 20’s are well a lot of them are such fûcking self entitled pain in the hole tosspot muppets, all of a sudden... it just seems to be a problem now, is it pandemic fever ? The stress ? The uncertainties of life, future, opportunities ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Woke up with my eye stuck together and not its watering.
    So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Had to put my kitty to sleep and my face won't stop leaking. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Ah im so sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That is heartbreaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sending hugs your way ((hugs))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Mollyb60, sorry to hear about your kitty. Face leaking is a great expression for the emotion you are feeling.

So sorry for your loss, I’ve had to do that once and know you did the right thing for your pal x

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Oh Molly, I'm so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and your kitty. RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ah Molly, so sorry to hear that, have been there and it hurts.
    Sending hugs your way.

TA I started off with great plans but seem to have wasted the day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The phrase 'If X is Y, then I'm a monkey's uncle'.

I mean, that's hardly funny!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Sorry Molly... truly x x

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

People that keep saying "Look!" and "Look at that!" when I'm already looking..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Work phone going mental in my laptop bag there. I'm not technically on call or anything like that but I do work in client services and we're expected to be available out of hours, so when it rang for the third time I was like, right, better answer it, it's clearly not some scam sh*te from Mauritius.

It was some Chinese takeaway telling me my order is ready. I was like sorry, you have the wrong number and yer woman got SO snotty with me - "I absolutely do not have the wrong number, you need to collect your food before I throw it away" - and I was like "Fire away, love, cause I've just finished the pizza I actually ordered". Eff off with yer pissy attitude and making me answer my work phone on a Saturday evening. Geebag.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Work phone going mental in my laptop bag there. I'm not technically on call or anything like that but I do work in client services and we're expected to be available out of hours, so when it rang for the third time I was like, right, better answer it, it's clearly not some scam sh*te from Mauritius.

It was some Chinese takeaway telling me my order is ready. I was like sorry, you have the wrong number and yer woman got SO snotty with me - "I absolutely do not have the wrong number, you need to collect your food before I throw it away" - and I was like "Fire away, love, cause I've just finished the pizza I actually ordered". Eff off with yer pissy attitude and making me answer my work phone on a Saturday evening. Geebag.

Just know that she’s getting a bollocking when some lad’s prawn crackers fail to show!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement