Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Just know that she’s getting a bollocking when some lad’s prawn crackers fail to show!!!!

Given her attitude I suspect he'll be the one getting it when he rings asking where they are/turns up to collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Had to put my kitty to sleep and my face won't stop leaking. :(

I'm so sorry Molly :(

Edit to add, if it helps at all, I had a terminally ill dog that I could not let go of, and I didn't have her PTS when I should have. A decade on, I still feel guilty about her last few weeks. Making that decision is so brave and selfless, and it's so much harder to do what you did than just let nature take its course. It's putting their needs above our own and is such an incredibly brave thing. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Takeaway dinners that end up in different containers to be arranged at home. Presentation is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭donegal_man

For the love of God, there, their and they're are not synonyms!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Had to put my kitty to sleep and my face won't stop leaking. :(

Heart broken for ya so sorry to hear that :'(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Work phone going mental in my laptop bag there. I'm not technically on call or anything like that but I do work in client services and we're expected to be available out of hours, so when it rang for the third time I was like, right, better answer it, it's clearly not some scam sh*te from Mauritius.

It was some Chinese takeaway telling me my order is ready. I was like sorry, you have the wrong number and yer woman got SO snotty with me - "I absolutely do not have the wrong number, you need to collect your food before I throw it away" - and I was like "Fire away, love, cause I've just finished the pizza I actually ordered". Eff off with yer pissy attitude and making me answer my work phone on a Saturday evening. Geebag.

Was on nightshift and would have to drop off our samples to shipping before leaving. Shipping started at 7:00 and that was my finishing time. Would arrive about 6:45 and catch the staff arriving at that time and hand off and go home. None of them ever complained, they got that I wanted to get home.

One day about 11am woke up with work phone ringing in my jacket downstairs. Ran down to answer as thought something was wrong/emergency testing needed. No it was snotty Polish shipping lad who took the samples off me that morning saying that I should not be waiting outside their dept. and that shipping doesn't start until 7am.

Don't know how I didn't go ape**** on him. Most Polish people sound but you do get the miserable type who have zero personality like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Left my phone in a taxi going to work on Monday. Knew all the taxi details so emailed free now. They asked could they forward my mobile number to taxi man to contact me. Emailed back of course but not sure what he could do seeing as he had my phone.

They couldn’t contact him all week but emailed on Friday saying he had my phone and gave me his number. Jackpot. Called him and he confirmed that he had my phone and arranged for him to come to my house on Saturday morning. He arrived as scheduled and spent 10 minutes chatting to me at the door. Finally I said where is my phone. He said he gave it to the police station on Tuesday. I was dumbfounded and said why did you not tell me that the day before and what was the point coming to my house. Eventually I copped and said would he bring me to the station. Got there and they said that they had no idea where it was and probably in the property store which was locked until Monday. Fuming I got the taxi to bring me home.30 quid for nothing.

As a temporary measure I have my iPad but charger not working. Went out and bought a new one. But couldn’t open the vac pac. So decided to use a knife and fcucking opened it but slit the cable in two.

Carlsberg doesn’t do fcucking nightmare saturdays but if they did....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My baby is six months and had never met her French aunts or grandmother. OH just did a video call with them and they sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for her over the phone. My heart is broken. I hate covid and everything it has taken from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Gillian Anderson is playing Maggie Thatcher. Gillian is a very attractive lady, even when she is done up like the Iron Lady.
    This is bad casting, anyone who remembers Maggie will tell you she was a scary wagon and one tough cookie, but sexy she most certainly was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Gillian Anderson is playing Maggie Thatcher. Gillian is a very attractive lady, even when she is done up like the Iron Lady.
    This is bad casting, anyone who remembers Maggie will tell you she was a scary wagon and one tough cookie, but sexy she most certainly was not.

It must of been because of her performance in The Fall, when I was watching this with my sister, we both remarked on the way she talked, reminding us of politicians. I agree with you about looks, Gillian definitely more attractive than the original Iron Lady. Didn't Meryl Streep play her in a film too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm sure she appealed to niche audience, in an autocratic headmistress type of way. Shudder

It must of been because of her performance in The Fall, when I was watching this with my sister, we both remarked on the way she talked, reminding us of politicians. I agree with you about looks, Gillian definitely more attractive than the original Iron Lady. Didn't Meryl Streep play her in a film too.
    Yes I never saw the Meryl Streep one, but from the promos it looks like she didn't quite pull it off..
    Somebody like Tilda Swinton would be much better. She can do that cold, quite scary persona very well.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm sure she appealed to niche audience, in an autocratic headmistress type of way. Shudder
    :eek: Wowee! you would want to be desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

:eek: Wowee! you would want to be desperate.

Or just a very,very naughty boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Very silly TA but I was doing a clear out and found a massive bag full of Dettol wipes I'd forgotten I had. Ordered a big box early on in lockdown when you couldn't find them anywhere, put them away and totally forgot about them. Have also been ordering them every week with my shop (doctor said no harm in wiping down the groceries as I'm higher risk for getting sick with covid) but already had too many. Now I've discovered about another twelve packs on top of the ten or so I have.

I might be moving soon enough (due to annoying neighbours - my usual TA) and have no idea what to do with them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People that go around tell others your business

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Not a TA - my covid test result came back (on my birthday) as negative. Still felt fluey but what a relief that was!
    Thanks all for the well wishes

The TA - while I was under the weather my appetite seemed to disappear which never happens to me. Since it returned testerday I’ve had a Chinese and a Supermacs and I’m so full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭4Ad

Not a TA - my covid test result came back (on my birthday) as negative. Still felt fluey but what a relief that was!
    Thanks all for the well wishes

The TA - while I was under the weather my appetite seemed to disappear which never happens to me. Since it returned testerday I’ve had a Chinese and a Supermacs and I’m so full.

Good news on the result.Ate away !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

My GP's secretary is his wife and the biggest B*t*h going. I always refrain for longer than is necessary from going to see him because of her.

She would, as they say, ate ya without salt. :eek:

Love putting one like that in her place. Tell her you demand to be treated with a normal degree of respect and that she is a secretary and nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Love putting one like that in her place. Tell her you demand to be treated with a normal degree of respect and that she is a secretary and nothing more.

My TA - people who refer to those of us in the admin field as “just a secretary”.

It’s insulting. And in the case of medical secretaries, inaccurate.

Report her attitude and behaviour yeah but stop ****ting on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Very silly TA but I was doing a clear out and found a massive bag full of Dettol wipes I'd forgotten I had. Ordered a big box early on in lockdown when you couldn't find them anywhere, put them away and totally forgot about them. Have also been ordering them every week with my shop (doctor said no harm in wiping down the groceries as I'm higher risk for getting sick with covid) but already had too many. Now I've discovered about another twelve packs on top of the ten or so I have.

I might be moving soon enough (due to annoying neighbours - my usual TA) and have no idea what to do with them now.

You could donate the box to your local school , they need loads of them and would appreciate them I am sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Demanding to be treated with respect is a contradiction in terms. I don't respect people who demand things.
    It's derogatory to say she is a secretary and nothing more. Working in an administrative role is an extremely difficult job especially in a medical environment and requires a multitude of high level skills.
    My TA is people undermining others and thinking they are superior in status.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I watch so little 'live' TV these days, but ads!

There's one from a car manufacturer on atm that talks about "beauty" while the screen shows a life-sized wooden model of the car. It's a brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Power-Washer been going nextdoor literally full-steam-ahead since ten to nine....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Shane Richie on I'm a Celeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Tooth extraction tomorrow.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Work e-mail this morning included the phrases, "we where considering...", "...however I cannot conquer with..." and "At the moment it's a mute point..."
    This is one of our HR managers who openly boasts of shooting off messages without proof reading them. When it was suggested that was a bit disrespectful to the recipients her reply was that we all understood them so there was no problem really.
    ARGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭wildwillow

That shows disrespect for the people who receive the email.
    Do they actually know that the word sounds right but has a different spelling and meaning?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Imagine if accountants did that with numbers...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement