Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most annoying things abut supermarkets

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,842 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Special offers and reduced to clear items when the shop knock off about 2 cent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Remember when I first shopped in Aldi and was horrified that the till girl kept firing my shopping at me.. spent the whole time muttering ‘Jesus, slow down’.... many years on and I now expect that in other shops, can’t bear how slow they are scanning in Dunne's or Tesco’s . I expect, and want my groceries to be fecked in my general direction in under ten minutes. Everything else just seems a waste of time now and too slow..
    Aldi paved the way for the speedy shopper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Social distancing going out the window as soon as the person with the yellow stickers comes along. You'd swear it was black Friday the way some carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You're giving the security guard pissy looks for doing exactly what they're paid to do? Is your name Karen?

What a take on it.

joeguevara wrote: »
    This has to be one of the funniest things ive read in a long time. id love to be listening to you muttering to yourself with delusions of someone looking at you from the other side of the shop, based on absolutely nothing. And throw in the glare at the end, priceless. This has to be a windup.

My point, that I made clear, is that if you're going to be spied on, is that they should do it surreptitiously. You do know what surreptitiously means, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

AllForIt wrote: »
    My point, that I made clear, is that if you're going to be spied on, is that they should do it surreptitiously. You do know what surreptitiously means, do you?

Well if you were aware of it, he didn’t do it surreptitiously.

But what would I know, a woodpecker is just after calling me paranoid in morse code.

Well if you were aware of it, he didn’t do it surreptitiously.

Yes exactly. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yes exactly. Thanks.

Can I ask how you were aware of it.

Can I ask how you were aware of it.

You can ask, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stripes11

Those people who stand in the middle of the social distancing stickers in queues, why...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Because they can.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Who has two thumbs and likes to reply to old threads.... lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,828 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Last week the goon who answers the phone as she starts unpacking her trolley.... thus the whole process from unpacking, paying, repacking, and getting her stuff reloaded into the trolley takes about double the time as she has only one hand and a quarter of a brain to rely on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Went to Aldi today at lunch time. Bought 2 lamb burgers which are nice but got home and the use by is today.

Advertisement