Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like to see unisex toilets becoming the norm?

Options
  • 04-05-2016 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭

I think I've heard of these mainly in a few nightclubs
    If I'm being honest I wouldn't like to see them being introduced because as a guy I've rarely hadn't questions use a toilet and I studied and worked in hospitality before and cleaning toilets/etc came up a few times and we were always told that ladies toilets are generally dirtier than mens!

Would you like to see unisex toilets becoming the norm? 215 votes

Yes, I'm a man!
    0% 0 votes
    No, I'm a man!
    30% 66 votes
    Yes, I'm a woman!
    61% 132 votes
    No, I'm a woman!
    7% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I wouldn't have a preference towards seeing them become the norm, like I don't petition for it but it wouldn't bother me if it became the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

God help women if they become the norm, in a public toilet a lad will never lift a toilet seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Any sex in the toilets is good for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Just take the urinal's out and they're all the same anyway.. We'll just end up with twice as many as is needed, like the pentagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

No. I have to share a toilet with 9 men in work(some of them aren't toilet trained - it's shocking. Animals.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Disabled toilets and ones in peoples homes tend to be unisex so I don't really mind if we get more.
    Unisex toilets are fine - just annoying when the men do not lift the toilet seat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Get out with your labels presumable CIS.... I'm gender fluid... :pac::D:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

michellie wrote: »
    No. I have to share a toilet with 9 men in work(some of them aren't toilet trained - it's shocking. Animals.)

You should bring attention of this to your boss, that is unacceptable.

Poll lacks a simple yes/no option. What about those that don't care?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

No. I was in a nightclub in Sweden which had them. I felt really uneasy going in there, I don't know why but I feel safer with a separate ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Are we talking cubicles or individual rooms?

Dunno if I'm ready for the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I'm female. It's not that I'd like to see them becoming the norm, but I don't think it would bother me either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I don't care. There's only one bathroom in many homes, and used by males AND females.

As long as the smallest room has a flush toilet, loo-paper, water, soap and a towel and a door that locks, I care not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,069 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Deos this mean men will men will have to queue up with the ladies to use them?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Deos this mean men will men will have to queue up with the ladies to use them?

You could always just pee in the sink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

So long as they keep the urinals (which are far quicker & convenient to use for just number ones than queuing for a cubicle) I'm not too bothered either way. If unisex loos mean I have to spend half my night waiting outside a jacks then feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

No....

For some reason women always leave the toilet seat down. Infuriates me !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Few places in Dublin city centre have had unisex toilets for a while, off the top of my head 2 restaurants that I can think of. Doesn't bother me or stop me going back, it's all very civilised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

No it wouldn't bother me at all.
    But i'm going to play devils advocate here and say: Would it not make it easier for sexual predators too assault women if they had to share toilets with men, i know they could be just as likely to assault them outside the toilet but they could be given an opportunity to do it in a unisex toilet, which wouldn't happen if the toilets weren't unisex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Don't care, would rather a toilet where I can take a **** without the entire room knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

No....

For some reason women always leave the toilet seat down. Infuriates me !!!

They leave it down so they can hover over it and pish everywhere.

No it wouldn't bother me at all.
    But i'm going to play devils advocate here and say: Would it not make it easier for sexual predators too assault women if they had to share toilets with men, i know they could be just as likely to assault them outside the toilet but they could be given an opportunity to do it in a unisex toilet, which wouldn't happen if the toilets weren't unisex.

Are all sexual predators men? I think your 'devils advocate' skills are broken!

smash wrote: »
    Are all sexual predators men? I think your 'devils advocate' skills are broken!

No but the vast majority of sexual assaults are commited by men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

No but the vast majority of sexual assaults are commited by men

This should be good, You realise for example touching someone bum is assault Maybe men do not report sexual crime as much ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

No because women are much slower using the toilet then it would mean men queuing more.

This should be good, You realise for example touching someone bum is assault Maybe men do not report sexual crime as much ?

No i don't have any statistics on unreported sexaul assaults against men so can't answer that question.
    Are you denying that men commit more sexual assaults than women?

No i don't have any statistics on unreported sexaul assaults against men so can't answer that question.
    Are you denying that men commit more sexual assaults than women?

Your first post was utter rubbish and now you're derailing the thread. Just give it a rest ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Only if they were like American cubicles were there's an inch between the door and the frame so there could be plenty of peeping and heavy breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

If they got introduced everywhere it wouldnt bother me. The way it would be. But if I had a say in the matter? nah i wouldnt like to see unisex toilets.

Like, imagine this. You're a guy going to the toilet. All the urinals are in use. So you walk to a cubicle to take a piss but as you are doing this a beautiful woman walks into the cubicle beside you. So as youre taking a slash all you hear is is the biggest fart ever followed by a massive plopping noise :pac:

You know what... it's not for me :pac: Whats even worse is, if you were out on a date and you say "be right back, just gonna go to the toilet" and then they say "me too" .... but it's a unisex toilet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Poll lacks a simple yes/no option. What about those that don't care?

Someone who genuinely didn't care wouldn't take the trouble to answer a poll.

Advertisement