Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Del007 wrote:
    Thanks, shouldn't they have sent me a sim card also as well as the phone?

Yes check the package it should have one..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

got mine up & running yesterday. one thing i noticed in one of the about me settings was it had the 'burner' ported number already on it. Anybody know how to remove that?

also anybody able to recommend a usb charger cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

daheff wrote: »
    got mine up & running yesterday. one thing i noticed in one of the about me settings was it had the 'burner' ported number already on it. Anybody know how to remove that?

Factory reset, then pop your SIM in?

If you need cables or docks get them on Google store, loads of offers on there at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

I missed the Pixel. P30 looks a good alternative, but I'm guessing they're locked to VF?

I picked P30 from store. Store said they have loads. That was last week. @Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

What's actually in the box besides the phone, would presume a charger plug and usb cable at the very least? Is there any screen protector or even case included?

• Advertisement

dubliniift wrote: »
    Charger, Earplugs, USB cable. SP is already on screen. No case

Are you talking about the Pixel 3A or the Huawei? The Huawei stuff should really go into another thread, getting confusing as **** at this stage.

What's actually in the box besides the phone, would presume a charger plug and usb cable at the very least? Is there any screen protector or even case included?

there is a charger plug, a charge cable (not usb though). no screen protector or case.

there is a charger plug, a charge cable (not usb though). no screen protector or case.

You're talking about the 3A? It has a USB charge cable, but it is USB-C to USB-C.
    I think there's also a female USB-A to USB-C adaptor, so you can use a normal USB-A Cable to connect to the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Basil3 wrote: »
    You're talking about the 3A? It has a USB charge cable, but it is USB-C to USB-C.
    I think there's also a female USB-A to USB-C adaptor, so you can use a normal USB-A Cable to connect to the plug.

This.

Also, the USB-A connector is deprecated as of USB 3.2, so you'll be seeing less and less of them going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Would anyone have any idea of the odds they will get them back in online? They are an extra €50 in store (€229 instead of the €179 if you switch) and the staff said they had lots in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Affluenza wrote: »
    Would anyone have any idea of the odds they will get them back in online? They are an extra €50 in store (€229 instead of the €179 if you switch) and the staff said they had lots in store.

Offer ends Monday so doubt they will come back in stock online before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Hmm, 229 is still a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Which store were you in?

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Which store were you in?

In both Dundalk stores. The price is for switching network and the P30 lite is also €99 when you switch

Ush1 wrote: »
    Hmm, 229 is still a decent price.

indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

glasso wrote: »
    indeed

At €229, still great value. I'd have jumped at it at that price if didn't get one for €179+€15 (SIM).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

shmeee wrote: »
    At €229, still great value. I'd have jumped at it at that price if didn't get one for €179+€15 (SIM).

Yup I agree.

Go for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Is Eir the cheapest sim card?

Lyca doesnt work and Eir free online sim didnt get here.

dan786 wrote: »
    Is Eir the cheapest sim card?

Lyca doesnt work and Eir free online sim didnt get here.

why doesn't lyca work? (they won't accept it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I went into Vodafone in Nutgrove and they didn't seem to know anything about it! Just told me the phone was €280 no switching deals in-store

• Advertisement

It might be store specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I went into Vodafone in Nutgrove and they didn't seem to know anything about it! Just told me the phone was €280 no switching deals in-store

Tallaght store aren't picking up the phone. Bah I might be done with this as this stage!:pac:

In both Dundalk stores. The price is for switching network and the P30 lite is also €99 when you switch

But you have to buy 20 credit i think ?

But you have to buy 20 credit i think ?

Nope, no top-up required

Nope, no top-up required

Do they check your existing number and tell you to make a call ?

Basil3 wrote: »

ah what now?

I think its something like this i need
    https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/usb-cables/8950499?cm_mmc=IE-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-CSS_IE_EN_Cables_And_Wires-_-Computer_Cable_Assemblies%7CUsb_Cables-_-PRODUCT_GROUP&matchtype=&pla-518098997897&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzdOWvKKN5gIVx7TtCh0SmgbiEAQYASABEgIxp_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

anyone find a store where they are actually giving €50 off for a switch?

If you want to plug it into a laptop or another charger that you have, then yeah. Otherwise, just use the charger provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭emy

The phone is back on sale again, I just bought one more, the payment went through, curious to see if I get it.

• Advertisement

emy wrote: »
    The phone is back on sale again, I just bought one more, the payment went through, curious to see if I get it.

same.

Advertisement