Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Weinstein scandal (Mod warning in op.)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

tara73 wrote: »
    isn't it symptomatic again some men here have nothing better to do than cornering the woman midlandsmissus who just said she will bring the bully to court who sexually assaulted her.

you are just so utterly pathetic. ask yourself, why do you feel the need to corner her and question her in this way?
    She brought it up. And in the typical let's drop a bomb way. Never mind the pack your bags I've got a ticket for your guilt trip stuff.
    you guys should better shut up. it's a disgrace for your gender and with the HW scandal and all the others which are floating in daily, it's out in open daylight and everybody can see now what the majority of mens' character is. we women knew this all the time because we have to deal with it everyday (at work, at home with domestic abuse, fear going out alone in the dark etc. and many more situations).
    this evilness is in almost every men and you can all jump up and shout: OUTRAGEOUS DIFFAMATION. I wish it would be, but unfortunately it's not, it's the truth.
    Almost all men are disgraceful rapist scumbags. Right so, the mask has slipped and we can see your true opinions on the matter come out.
    What happens in war zones or in cultures where are no civil laws to protect people, i.e the women like it is here in Europe?
    Women can't dare to go out on the street alone because they are BEING RAPED!!
    LOUD NOISES! Ah well again the usual paranoid hollering shark! on a crowded Australian beach type stuff.
    And they are not being raped by the minority, no, if you abolish civil society, also the 'nice guys', who behave within a civil society because of fear of punishment through law will show their real side and start to rape.
    Yeah we got it T; Almost all men are disgraceful rapist scumbags.
    The pathetic thing is, in this civil world, men are utterly frightened about women because deep inside they feel women have much more abilities than men, especially in our modern world, where male characteristics like being physically strong and 'emotionless' are not of much use anymore.
    And the more they sense this, the more they need to oppress us women to keep the upper hand.
    Hahahahhaha. Oh wait, you're serious. Hell two can play at this silly game. Look around your abode and around your life. Pretty much everything you see and use was invented and made by those self same disgraceful rapist scumbags, including that "civil world" you speak of. As for 'emotionless', yep when present as an extreme it's not healthy, but even at the extreme it's far more useful than the other extreme of emotional diarrhoea.
    But you need to get used to that, we doesn't let ourselves be oppressed anymore, we get your perfidious games and we are not longer taking it. we stand up against this ****, more and more.
    There you can bet on!
    Actually all of this stuff you're typing could be summed up in the usual way by the Mantra of the The most Holy Church of the Blessed Third Wave feminist; women are always agentless victims and it's always men's fault. Never mind that in Western society the claim that pale skinned educated women are "oppressed" is up there with flat earthers as the very pinnacle of daft and deluded. But keep banging that drum.

Jesus this scumbag Weinstein and the other Hollywood fcukwits has really opened the doors to some of the real nasties. And nasty they are. Just like the "Red Pill/MGTOW" misogynists. Though unlike those muppets they get more sympathy and media airtime, but again like them they have a serious irony bypass. What's even more ironic is that Hollywood of all places is ground zero. Hollywood with it's near constant proselytising to the rest of us about being "right on", "liberal" and "feminist". Delicious is that irony indeed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Wibbs wrote: »
    She brought it up. And in the typical let's drop a bomb way. Never mind the pack your bags I've got a ticket for your guilt trip stuff.

Almost all men are disgraceful rapist scumbags. Right so, the mask has slipped and we can see your true opinions on the matter come out.

LOUD NOISES! Ah well again the usual paranoid hollering shark! on a crowded Australian beach type stuff. Yeah we got it T; Almost all men are disgraceful rapist scumbags.

Hahahahhaha. Oh wait, you're serious. Hell two can play at this silly game. Look around your abode and around your life. Pretty much everything you see and use was invented and made by those self same disgraceful rapist scumbags, including that "civil world" you speak of. As for 'emotionless', yep when present as an extreme it's not healthy, but even at the extreme it's far more useful than the other extreme of emotional diarrhoea.

Actually all of this stuff you're typing could be summed up in the usual way by the Mantra of the The most Holy Church of the Blessed Third Wave feminist; women are always agentless victims and it's always men's fault. Never mind that in Western society the claim that pale skinned educated women are "oppressed" is up there with flat earthers as the very pinnacle of daft and deluded. But keep banging that drum.

Jesus this scumbag Weinstein and the other Hollywood fcukwits has really opened the doors to some of the real nasties. And nasty they are. Just like the "Red Pill/MGTOW" misogynists. Though unlike those muppets they get more sympathy and media airtime, but again like them they have a serious irony bypass. What's even more ironic is that Hollywood of all places is ground zero. Hollywood with it's near constant proselytising to the rest of us about being "right on", "liberal" and "feminist". Delicious is that irony indeed.

Now now Wibbs dont be upsetting or new Lord commanders like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In fairness Candie post I think speaks for the very high majority of Women.

Tara post had touch of the Louise O Neill vibe type about it. 'Ye all White Men are Rapists except my lovely Dad and Brother and male friends but rest of ye are rapists types'.

Ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

isn't it symptomatic again some men here have nothing better to do than cornering the woman midlandsmissus who just said she will bring the bully to court who sexually assaulted her.

you are just so utterly pathetic. ask yourself, why do you feel the need to corner her and question her in this way?
    you guys should better shut up. it's a disgrace for your gender and with the HW scandal and all the others which are floating in daily, it's out in open daylight and everybody can see now what the majority of mens' character is. we women knew this all the time because we have to deal with it everyday (at work, at home with domestic abuse, fear going out alone in the dark etc. and many more situations).
    this evilness is in almost every men and you can all jump up and shout: OUTRAGEOUS DIFFAMATION. I wish it would be, but unfortunately it's not, it's the truth.

What happens in war zones or in cultures where are no civil laws to protect people, i.e the women like it is here in Europe?
    Women can't dare to go out on the street alone because they are BEING RAPED!! And they are not being raped by the minority, no, if you abolish civil society, also the 'nice guys', who behave within a civil society because of fear of punishment through law will show their real side and start to rape.

The pathetic thing is, in this civil world, men are utterly frightened about women because deep inside they feel women have much more abilities than men, especially in our modern world, where male characteristics like being physically strong and 'emotionless' are not of much use anymore.
    And the more they sense this, the more they need to oppress us women to keep the upper hand.

But you need to get used to that, we doesn't let ourselves be oppressed anymore, we get your perfidious games and we are not longer taking it. we stand up against this ****, more and more.
    There you can bet on!

Japers if this was the 1920's youd be in the Legion of Mary banging on about original sin from a street corner

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tara post had touch of the Louise O Neill vibe type about it. 'Ye all White Men are Rapists except my lovely Dad and Brother and male friends but rest of ye are rapists types'.

Ok..

It was one of the most bizarre word vomits I've ever read. A generalisation around every turn. Building for a while, I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyway back to the sick evil Rape Monsters that are Harvey and Co.

Where is Harvey at present? I mean still not behind a cell is still a disgrace. Is he still getting help?(whatever that is)

Anyway back to the sick evil Rape Monsters that are Harvey and Co.

Where is Harvey at present? I mean still not behind a cell is still a disgrace. Is he still getting help?(whatever that is)

He is currently being investigated by four different police departments. Should be arrested any day now.........

In other news, I read this today: https://pagesix.com/2017/10/21/woody-allens-new-movie-couldnt-have-worse-timing/amp/
    Why would anyone in their right mind even work with this dude? Let alone in this movie!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That would certainly be my experience too.
    Well in that case I think the Irish Daddy Syndrome™ is in play. The Irish Mammy™ comes in for some awful stick(and often without cause, or at least the problem is the men in her life), but the Irish Daddy™ can be just as bad. Daddy is so perfect in some women's eyes that he can never be replaced and the majority of men can't ever match up to this image, so it comes out as disgruntlement or outright anger at Men© because they can never replace him. I recall reading an article by the above mentioned LON where she had some attack of the emotionals(over something that never actually happened) and got snippy with her mother, but daddy was there to comfort and support her. And missed the irony of that as a "feminist". Again. Then again I have found that it is a cast iron given for any stripe of extremist to have had an irony bypass.
    silverharp wrote: »
    Japers if this was the 1920's youd be in the Legion of Mary banging on about original sin from a street corner
    Which goes to show how we are all a product of our time and culture and personal environment.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

anna080 wrote: »
    He is currently being investigated by four different police departments. Should be arrested any day now.........
    Fingers crossed A.
    In other news, I read this today: https://pagesix.com/2017/10/21/woody-allens-new-movie-couldnt-have-worse-timing/amp/
    Why would anyone in their right mind even work with this dude? Let alone in this movie!
    He's such an artiste daaahling or some such lovey bullsh1t A. Kate Winslet was interviewed before Hideous Harvey was flushed out where she avoided this very question about working with Allen. Of course. Yet is soooo supportive of #metoo and women hurt by Harvey. Hypocrisy again. Same with Streep and Polanski. She and many others have long supported that convicted drugger and rapist of a child. But that's excusable apparently... Art daaaahling.

Fingers crossed A.

He's such an artiste daaahling or some such lovey bullsh1t A. Kate Winslet was interviewed before Hideous Harvey was flushed out where she avoided this very question about working with Allen. Of course. Yet is soooo supportive of #metoo and women hurt by Harvey. Hypocrisy again. Same with Streep and Polanski. She and many others have long supported that convicted drugger and rapist of a child. But that's excusable apparently... Art daaaahling.

It's bizarre! It just goes to show that Hollywood has an extremely short memory where "art" i.e money is concerned. Before we know it Weinstein will be back making movies. His first plot will be about how a casting director seduces young inspiring actresses by inviting them to his room and pr!cking about in his bathrobe. He'll probably cast Spacey as the lead role and it'll win 5 Oscars.

Yea I'm being a drama queen I know. But sure look, who even knows at this bloody stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Jesus step away from the thread for a couple hours and it takes the batshít train to crazy town. I would genuinely worry for anyone who literally thinks all men are rabid beasts just waiting for their chance. If it's as a response to trauma it makes sense but it's no way to live.

And yeah the Woody Allen thing would sicken you. People are usually quick to mention he was never convicted of anything against his daughter without mentioning the circumstances that led to that.

I
    Yea I'm being a drama queen I know. But sure look, who even knows at this bloody stage.
    It wouldn't shock me that much A. Weinstein was the golden boy because he produced films that hit both gongs, they made big money and got "artistic" awards. He produced films that were art blockbusters. Off the top of my head I can't think of another producer/company like that in the history of Hollywood. Being that guy meant he could pretty much do no wrong as far as Hollywood was concerned. If he had been just an arty film guy, or a blockbuster "high concept" guy, I'd bet he would have been stopped/exposed long before now. I would even suggest he got exposed now because his star is on the wane. On that point I agree 100% with those women who were victimised by him back in the 90's when they say he was pretty much untouchable back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Fingers crossed A.

Winslet's attitude basically seemed to boil down to fcuk Weinstein because he was personally rude to her, the Allen stuff is none of her bidness because he's a nice guy and a good director.

Weinstein seems to be an all round arsehole as well as a predator, sadly I'd say that's a lot to do with why so many people are lining up to throw him in particular under the bus. Allen and Polanski just stick to the sexual abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Jesus step away from the thread for a couple hours and it takes the batshít train to crazy town. I would genuinely worry for anyone who literally thinks all men are rabid beasts just waiting for their chance. If it's as a response to trauma it makes sense but it's no way to live.

And yeah the Woody Allen thing would sicken you. People are usually quick to mention he was never convicted of anything against his daughter without mentioning the circumstances that led to that.

It's not a million miles away from the thinking of those who practice hard core Islam that think wimmin need to be covered up, lest they tempt the men.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/UncleDaidi/status/924434028022857729

Someone being 'funny' a few days ago-seems almost prophetic. (I remember Dustin the Turkey used to go by the name 'Hoffman' or 'Houghman' too, on his early Den days.)
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    from that article...

Wtf did these people talk about when together?:confused:

Robert Evans has been open about the cocaine thing-it's even in his documentary 'The Kid stays in the picture'-by his own admission, he screwed up. It's painfully honest, tbh-only about his life tho.
    His dealings with Polanski were before the rape trial, and afterwards-he never worked with him again. (Rosemary's baby and Chinatown were the only two movies).

Ratner is a dirtbag, with zero directing talent, but his production company, Ratpac productions, have produced many films-including Creed and the Revenant. He's got serious power, so him getting called out is probably on a bigger scale than Weinstein (in terms of power). WB have severed their contract with him too...probably in light of the Justice League film, which his company is producing.
    Honestly, is there ANYONE involved with the JL movie who hasn't been accused of sexual harassment, and groping? (Affleck, Whedon, and now Ratner).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/brett-ratner-says-hell-step-away-warner-bros-harassment-claims-1054025

This is sorta getting my goat up-there's an lgbt movie out now called Call Me by Your Name-it's about the beginning of a romance between a 17 year old boy and an older man-and it may very well get Oscars and other awards, as it's getting a lot of praise.
    Yet current headlines about 'An older man grooming younger men' is showing how sinister it actually is.
    (And when people, rightfully, I feel, called out the creepiness of it-they were 'in the wrong'. Accusations of homophobia and so on. Also, a scene in the film, and behind the scenes goings on sound really creepy.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4961620/Armie-Hammer-defends-relationship-Call-Name.html

Now there's a similar movie in the pipeline-by Woody Allen. And it's not even out yet, and the defenders of the first film are denouncing this one. Neither is right, but one deferred blame, the other is told it's wrong.

And the more stories I read about Spacey and his grooming of underage boys (another has come forward)-the less I am inclined to see the 'romance'.

More details about Ratner, sorry for the multiple post-but according to description-the guys another Weinstein, with rape accusations among them. (Oral rape, but more stories will emerge, some women are still rumoured to be scared to speak up).

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-brett-ratner-allegations-20171101-htmlstory.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

More details about Ratner, sorry for the multiple post-but according to description-the guys another Weinstein, with rape accusations among them. (Oral rape, but more stories will emerge, some women are still rumoured to be scared to speak up).

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-brett-ratner-allegations-20171101-htmlstory.html

Wouldn't be surprised if people are still fearful of Ratner as his production company seems to be increasingly present at the beginning of films. He's getting bigger, not smaller.

I think it's a similar deal with Singer. Still well connected and prominent in Hollywood. You can tell Singer is a clever and calculated individual anyway who has been around the Ferris wheel on this before. While others have released panicked statements, he's staying quiet. It's going to take more than someone unknown on Twitter to truly drop his mask.

Wouldn't be surprised if people are still fearful of Ratner as his production company seems to be increasingly present at the beginning of films. He's getting bigger, not smaller.

I think it's a similar deal with Singer. Still well connected and prominent in Hollywood. You can tell Singer is a clever and calculated individual anyway who has been around the Ferris wheel on this before. While others have released panicked statements, he's staying quiet. It's going to take more than someone unknown on Twitter to truly drop his mask.

Yeah, you could argue that-but then it only takes one voice, one accusation to topple a career. When even Spacey's masterclass was dropped from an online institute-it showed a clear indication that this was not gonna blow over, no matter the media folks he'd paid off.

Singer I would argue is threading on thin water-and he knows his days are numbered. An actor he's worked with on two high profile projects(The Usual Suspects, Superman Returns) has been unmasked as a sexual predator, as well as a groomer of young boys (An individual who was 16 when Spacemonster tried it on has also come forward). As have a number of his close associates-who have been convicted for such.
    Bryan's also has already had one accusation brought against him-during promotion of X-men Days of Future Past. He no doubt was given a warning then, the likes of which even a parking ticket would have led to trouble. Notable was how nobody came forward to defend him.
    Intriguingly, Ratner also hired Singer's lawyer-Marty Ringer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Just saw Ratner has been made walk from Warner Bros so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

I'm aware of the trouble Singer had during Days of Future Past so I know he's survived this before. It could be a matter of time for him as well, but I do feel more need to speak up against him, as in the people who worked with him.

Your man Martin Singer seems like an awkward fcuker who would dispute the colour of the sky.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So the net of sexual abuse allegations seems to be getting wider and wider. I really think the Weinstein revelations are the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to Hollywood. Well overdue too.

As an aside, I was deeply disgusted at some of the shockingly misandrist rants of a couple of posters earlier in this thread. Why can't we acknowledge that abuse and harassment is widespread and do what we can to speak out and call out abuse when we see it - and support the victims? But let's face it - someone groped in a bar is not in the same league as someone who has been brutally raped. And young men and boys as well as women and girls have been the victims of sexual abuse. Lets not lose a sense of perspective here.

To allege that all men are potential rapists is not just disingenuous but it downright offensive and insulting and has no place on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

[QUOTE=tara73;105143219]isn't it symptomatic again some men here have nothing better to do than cornering the woman midlandsmissus who just said she will bring the bully to court who sexually assaulted her.

Women can't dare to go out on the street alone because they are BEING RAPED!! And they are not being raped by the minority, no, if you abolish civil society, also the 'nice guys', who behave within a civil society because of fear of punishment through law will show their real side and start to rape.

There you can bet on!

First of all- the first bit never happened. Maybe read the posts again.

Second bit- are you for real? What hysterical garbage. I'm a woman and you do not get to speak for me.

The third bit assumes you can speak for men too and happen to know their inner most thoughts. What a load of insulting bolloxology your post is, to every gender.

Inaccurate. Ill informed. Insulting. Hysterical.[/QUOTE]

was clear that your reaction to this would be like this.

inaccurate, ill informed, insulting, hysterical. you use the terms which men would use to a woman who spoke up 30 years ago.

so tell me: inaccurate. why is it inaccurate? you say men are not going berserk and raping in wars and societies where's no protection by law is inaccurate? please, google it, you have hundreds of pages about it. and with that I would also pass back your 'ill informed' to you.

insulting.
    so you think speaking the truth is insulting, yes? again, your standard is that of 1950, where it wasn't alllowed to speak up and a woman who tells the truth is insulting the men.

hysterical.
    wow, again such a nice word from the 70's or whenever to try to silence a woman who gets angry because oh, shock horror, a woman who gets angry can't be, she must be discredited and called hysterical. really laughable.
    you are one disgrace and unfortunately there a lot of woman like you which is a huge problem. woman like you are enabling the oppression. women like you crave the acceptance from men and do everything to please them. I can see it in your posts here.

you can all call me hateful, I have no problem with that because that's what I am with all the experience I made in the last years with men. If you're a woman who don't comply to the oppressing tactics of the mens' world, you have no chance, I experience this all the time. If you don't let yourself belittle, if you don't admire the great words from the mouth of a men in front of you and give them their so much needed validation (boss, date or whatever), but instead have your own opinion and knowledge and don't hold back with it you can be sure to be on the blacklist very soon. and sexual harassement is very often part of it too.

but I can imagine you really don't know about this because you are a coward. as said, you seem to need the validation from men, like they want it from women, and you obligingly play this stupid game, so with your view, things will never change.

instead you are here on the forum and judging women who spoke up about their sexual abuse. you are an insult to me and to many, many women who are not like you and take the consequences of speaking up and don't let themselves be treated like the second class gender.

and you are right, I definitely don't speak for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

JupiterKid wrote: »
    So the net of sexual abuse allegations seems to be getting wider and wider. I really think the Weinstein revelations are the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to Hollywood. Well overdue too.

As an aside, I was deeply disgusted at some of the shockingly misandrist rants of a couple of posters earlier in this thread. Why can't we acknowledge that abuse and harassment is widespread and do what we can to speak out and call out abuse when we see it - and support the victims? But let's face it - someone groped in a bar is not in the same league as someone who has been brutally raped. And young men and boys as well as women and girls have been the victims of sexual abuse. Lets not lose a sense of perspective here.

To allege that all men are potential rapists is not just disingenuous but it downright offensive and insulting and has no place on this thread.

I agree with you up until the bolded part, and think your heart is in the right place. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Everyone has the right to air their opinions on boards, no matter how unpopular. But they are open to being challenged and dismissed as absurd too, which is what has happened here. That's the only way a person is going to think twice about deeply held convictions.

This 'offensive and insulting' bolloxology only leads to safe spaces and circle jerking, and eventual censorship. We're all grown ups, and nobody gets to decide what is morally acceptable on boards.ie, or anywhere else on the web. I've seen too much of that shyte in the last few years, and it get hijacked by those with ideological agendas-always.

King's College in the UK is now hiring Gestapo safe space marshalls at £12 an hour to ensure that 'offensive' views are immediately punished. This is where we are headed if we even entertain notions of the safe space brigade:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/10/26/kings-college-hires-safe-space-marshals-police-controversialspeaker/

Let people have their say and healthy debate will find it's own way.
    I'm sure that after reviewing all the feedback from her, shall we say, poorly formed opinions (to put it mildly), she's probably wondering this morning "Is it me who might be wrong?"

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how reason and logic comes into play.

There's been an awful lot of money, time, and effort put into radicalising both sides in the gender wars over the last few decades. And a lot of them need to be gently spoken to instead of shouted at. It's a full blown industry now, and it has gone mainstream. There's big bucks to be made selling dogma and guilt to gullible, pampered Westerners.

You might laugh if I used the word brainwashing, but if you spend 5 years in college with a batsh1t crazy feminist saturating your every waking moment with scare stories about rapey men everywhere, after a while you'll start to believe it. And it only takes a few weeks before these ideas start to sink in and set like concrete into the mind of a starry eyed idealist.

So continue to engage with people and get them back into the realms of sanity. It'll be a long process but radical ideas flourish when they are unchallenged.

God knows, I had my own cringey political 'right on' opinions back in my revolutionary wannabe college days.

you can all call me hateful, I have no problem with that because that's what I am with all the experience I made in the last years with men. If you're a woman who don't comply to the oppressing tactics of the mens' world, you have no chance, I experience this all the time. If you don't let yourself belittle, if you don't admire the great words from the mouth of a men in front of you and give them their so much needed validation (boss, date or whatever), but instead have your own opinion and knowledge and don't hold back with it you can be sure to be on the blacklist very soon. and sexual harassement is very often part of it too.

but I can imagine you really don't know about this because you are a coward. as said, you seem to need the validation from men, like they want it from women, and you obligingly play this stupid game, so with your view, things will never change.

instead you are here on the forum and judging women who spoke up about their sexual abuse. you are an insult to me and to many, many women who are not like you and take the consequences of speaking up and don't let themselves be treated like the second class gender.

and you are right, I definitely don't speak for you.

Do you not even realise how you're insulting women?

You may feel second class, you may feel expected to be in thrall to men, you may sneer at other women you consider to be playing a stupid game, and you may justify all this because you have been treated badly, but if you think for a moment that it's indicative of the huge majority of male/female interactions, you're deluded.

I've never allowed myself to be treated as less than anyone else, and you don't get to announce otherwise. Nor do you get to judge other peoples relationships with the opposite sex by your twisted standards or unfortunate experience.

You're entitled to your opinion, but belittling women who don't share them is doing exactly what you accuse men of doing, except you want to be congratulated as standing up for women in the same breath.

inaccurate, ill informed, insulting, hysterical. you use the terms which men would use to a woman who spoke up 30 years ago.
    Or just maybe they were descriptive of your rant?
    so tell me: inaccurate. why is it inaccurate? you say men are not going berserk and raping in wars and societies where's no protection by law is inaccurate? please, google it, you have hundreds of pages about it. and with that I would also pass back your 'ill informed' to you.
    And how does "protection by law" come about? Who came up with it, who enforces it? Women? Nope, afraid not.
    insulting. so you think speaking the truth is insulting, yes? again, your standard is that of 1950, where it wasn't alllowed to speak up and a woman who tells the truth is insulting the men.
    Your truth. In your opinion. Others hold different opinions y'know and will express them. Or should we all just genuflect to your opinions? Seems that's what you want. It's got fcuk all to do with gender either.

hysterical.
    wow, again such a nice word from the 70's or whenever to try to silence a woman who gets angry because oh, shock horror, a woman who gets angry can't be, she must be discredited and called hysterical. really laughable.
    "from the 70's or whenever" #facepalm.
    you are one disgrace and unfortunately there a lot of woman like you which is a huge problem. woman like you are enabling the oppression.
    What bloody oppression are you wittering on about? The average women in Ireland today will live longer, be more educated, better paid(before kids come along) and get more societal support throughout her life than the average man in Ireland. I know this may wrinkle your brow, but these are facts.
    you can all call me hateful, I have no problem with that because that's what I am with all the experience I made in the last years with men.
    The mask slips further and now we get to the crux of things. Typical rookie error, assuming one's personal experiences equate to others.
    If you're a woman who don't comply to the oppressing tactics of the mens' world, you have no chance, I experience this all the time. If you don't let yourself belittle, if you don't admire the great words from the mouth of a men in front of you and give them their so much needed validation (boss, date or whatever), but instead have your own opinion and knowledge and don't hold back with it you can be sure to be on the blacklist very soon. and sexual harassement is very often part of it too.
    If something, anything unhealthy is consistently happening in your life, then I hate to break it to you, the one true consistency is you. If you come to believe the glass is always half empty, you will seek out half empty glasses. Your worldview defines your personal world. And since people will nearly always prefer to be proven right rather than be content in life, this pattern is usually well dug in. Every time I hear of a bloke who thinks "all women are bitches", or a woman who thinks "all men are bastards" this pattern is always in play.
    but I can imagine you really don't know about this because you are a coward.
    When argument fails run to insult. #slowhandclap
    you are an insult to me and to many, many women who are not like you and take the consequences of speaking up and don't let themselves be treated like the second class gender.
    Women? The second class gender? This proves how deluded this kinda thinking is. And as I said provably so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

JupiterKid wrote: »

Trouble is, many of the comments being levelled at the victim amounts to "They shouldn't have let themselves be alone with him", "It's part of the industry, they likely knew what was expected of them" etc. I made the point several times in the George Hook thread that in many cases victim blaming is such that unless women do treat all men as being potential rapists, they end up being blamed for trusting a man when something awful does happen.

Everyone has the right to air their opinions on boards, no matter how unpopular. But they are open to being challenged and dismissed as absurd too, which is what has happened here. That's the only way a person is going to think twice about deeply held convictions.

This 'offensive and insulting' bolloxology only leads to safe spaces and circle jerking, and eventual censorship. We're all grown ups, and nobody gets to decide what is morally acceptable on boards.ie, or anywhere else on the web. I've seen too much of that shyte in the last few years, and it get hijacked by those with ideological agendas-always.
    +1000. And you can see the safe space types when they venture beyond their echo chambers on Facebook/Reddit. And worse it is getting. Goes for all stripes of political thought too. They're dismayed people may disagree with them. It's one reason I like Boards. For all its faults it's far less of an echo chamber than most discussion areas online. Sure sign of this is where you see Left and Right wing types complaining that it's an echo chamber of "the other side".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

I still think what Ciara Kelly did was grossly irresponsible.
    If she has credible information, the responsible thing to do is go directly to the gardai and report it, so the perpetrator can hopefully be removed from a position of power.

With her actions, the guilty person escapes punishment, while a number of completely innocent men in their 60s have a cloud hanging over them and people on social media continue to speculate and name names without a shred of evidence.

Disgraceful.

Tara- I'm not quoting that big long rigmarole because honestly :rolleyes:
    Your post is nothing but a personal attack, and a viscous one at that. How dare you. Your last few posts over this thread have been you asking for links to back up claims, yet you come on and post the biggest pile of absolute hogwash I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Care to provide us with some links to the generalised and inaccurate claims you are making? If you're so sure that what you claim is true, then this should be no problem.

And don't even dare come at me with that crap. You have no idea of what I've been through. Just because I don't share my personal experiences on a forum for strangers to read doesn't mean I haven't had the misfortune of being the victim of an attack. Actually I have alluded to stuff here. I guess that wasn't enough for you. Or else your judging me for not being a victim. Either way it's fcuked up. I'm a fair person though, and I don't judge all men on the actions of a few horrible people who happened to be men. I've never judged a single person here for sharing their experience- not one, yet here you are judging me.
    You are the one who should be ashamed writing that bile.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

.... male characteristics like being physically strong and 'emotionless' are not of much use anymore.

Of all the hateful bile you've posted, the above for me is the most laughable but yet even so, it's an ignorant view which is becoming more and more common to hear being expressed these days (from certain corners at least). So much so that Camille Paglia wrote a piece in Time given that she felt it warranted addressing.
    A peevish, grudging rancor against men has been one of the most unpalatable and unjust features of second- and third-wave feminism. Men’s faults, failings and foibles have been seized on and magnified into gruesome bills of indictment. Is it any wonder that so many high-achieving young women, despite all the happy talk about their academic success, find themselves in the early stages of their careers in chronic uncertainty or anxiety about their prospects for an emotionally fulfilled private life? When an educated culture routinely denigrates masculinity and manhood, then women will be perpetually stuck with boys, who have no incentive to mature or to honor their commitments.

After the next inevitable apocalypse, men will be desperately needed again! Oh, sure, there will be the odd gun-toting Amazonian survivalist gal, who can rustle game out of the bush and feed her flock, but most women and children will be expecting men to scrounge for food and water and to defend the home turf. Indeed, men are absolutely indispensable right now, invisible as it is to most feminists, who seem blind to the infrastructure that makes their own work lives possible. It is overwhelmingly men who do the dirty, dangerous work of building roads, pouring concrete, laying bricks, tarring roofs, hanging electric wires, excavating natural gas and sewage lines, cutting and clearing trees, and bulldozing the landscape for housing developments. It is men who heft and weld the giant steel beams that frame our office buildings, and it is men who do the hair-raising work of insetting and sealing the finely tempered plate-glass windows of skyscrapers 50 stories tall.

Every day along the Delaware River in Philadelphia, one can watch the passage of vast oil tankers and towering cargo ships arriving from all over the world. These stately colossi are loaded, steered and off-loaded by men. The modern economy, with its vast production and distribution network, is a male epic, in which women have found a productive role — but women were not its author. Surely, modern women are strong enough now to give credit where credit is due!

• Advertisement

There you can bet on!

Any chance you could keep this nonsense to your blog?

Advertisement