Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Surprisingly, there is now an official Irish facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PrimeVideoIE/

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Nearly signed up yesterday but it doesnt have Goliath or Man in High Castle season 2 so it felt a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Both are available with a Prime Video subscription from Ireland but you have to use the amazon.co.uk url instead of the primevideo.com url they point you to when you sign up.

I only discovered this after a couple of weeks of complaining how ridiculous it was that Man in the High Castle season two, which is an Amazon Original, wasn't available.

It's great fun. You can go to Prime Video and everything they display you know you will be able to watch, but not everything that you can watch is displayed. Then you can go to Amazon and they display everything you can watch but lots and lots of things that you can't (which you only find out when you click on them). It's like a game. A very irritating game.

HivemindXX wrote: »
    Both are available with a Prime Video subscription from Ireland but you have to use the amazon.co.uk url instead of the primevideo.com url they point you to when you sign up.

I only discovered this after a couple of weeks of complaining how ridiculous it was that Man in the High Castle season two, which is an Amazon Original, wasn't available.

It's great fun. You can go to Prime Video and everything they display you know you will be able to watch, but not everything that you can watch is displayed. Then you can go to Amazon and they display everything you can watch but lots and lots of things that you can't (which you only find out when you click on them). It's like a game. A very irritating game.

Tried that but it came up that it would be £7.99 a month? Would that be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

den87 wrote: »

Make sure that you are logged into the UK site.

I stumbled upon this after using a method to get prime video app onto my Nvidia shield.

When I got it going, I thought the library looked a tad different. I copped that it was the UK library and stuff played fine. Not all stuff is allowed, only the "Available when abroad" stuff works from my testing :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I cancelled my trial the other day. There were a few 'are you sure?' type questions before it let me cancel.

I was on a UK trial by accident as I didn't use primevideo.com. iirc, when I was cancelling, it seemed to suggest I could continue for £5.99 per month, perhaps that's just for Prime video and not the whole Prime shipping/shopping package. I'll probably revisit next year when there's more High Castle and Transparent. Will probably stick solely to Netflix for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^^^
    Is Transparent any good?

I've been a fan of Jeffrey Tambor since he was Hank Kingsley :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yes, I like it. The adult children aren't particularly nice, however. As a family I'd say they take lumps out of each other, emotionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Not even worth 2.99 the way it is now. Really poor. Maybe some of the grand tour money could have been spent on actual content for their service. Hardly need all the different categories at the moment.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Not even worth 2.99 the way it is now. Really poor. Maybe some of the grand tour money could have been spent on actual content for their service. Hardly need all the different categories at the moment.

My big issue is with content they commissioned and own rights to isn;t available here. I know tv/ film rights are tricky and this highlights that for the bs it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

den87 wrote: »

Sorry, just getting back to reading this now. As Marcbrophy said this shouldn't be the case. It certainly isn't for me. Make sure that you are logged in to Amazon.co.uk using the same user credentials that you used for Prime Video. Perhaps that is the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Amazon show Goliath wins golden globe , not on Irish prime

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

I just cancelled the free months trial mainly because most of the things i wanted to see kept saying i dont have a uk address, i was lucky that i did get to watch man in a high castle, which is what i really wanted to see, so that was good, but i had no luck with trying to watch lucifer or other movies. i already had to re-jig the tv to uk instead of ireland so that put my saorview tuner off, so i cancelled as it was not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Was keen on this, but it seems like too much bother.

To complicate things, I have an Amazon.co.uk account as I used to live in the North and still get things delivered there.

My billing address is in Donegal though. Went to the Prime Video section on amazon.co.uk and it said that I would not be able to stream video.

How can I watch stuff at home if that's the case? I'm not getting into dodgy stuff like VPNs etc to circumvent country blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

To say it was a disappointing, underwhelming and confused launch would be a vast understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Can anyone that didn't cancel confirm whether the below shows the full Irish Primevideo library (25 series & 129 movies).

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/provider/amazon-prime-video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Has anyone cancelled and still gets access to prime video (watch while abroad)?
    I signed up for the trial and they paid the Eur 92 inadvertently, so got a refund and still have access across all my devices - definitely not being charged..

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Dave..M wrote: »
    Can anyone that didn't cancel confirm whether the below shows the full Irish Primevideo library (25 series & 129 movies).

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/provider/amazon-prime-video

It's seems right.

Still have it be rarely watching anything on it. Man in the high castle was great. Have watched a few episodes of the grand tour. Goliath worth a look. American gods due to join but no date other than 2017. I'll keep it when 3 EUR a month in the hope that some decent things get added.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Has anything been added since it launched here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭techdiver

Can anyone else check whether they can get UHD versions of shows apart from The Grand Tour.

Man in the High Castle is supposed to be in UHD, but only seems to be available in HD to me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

techdiver wrote: »
    Can anyone else check whether they can get UHD versions of shows apart from The Grand Tour.

Man in the High Castle is supposed to be in UHD, but only seems to be available in HD to me....

Yeah only grand tour for me

peteeeed wrote: »
    Yeah only grand tour for me

I emailed them and got the usual boiler plate reply. They hadn't a clue what i was on about and just gave the usual spiel about UHD library content etc, despite the fact that I gave them an example of a title that is available in UHD in the UK and not in Ireland which is also a Prime Original, so no issue with regional rights etc.

I replied with this info and they are now saying my TV is not supported (groan!), but it definitely is as I used to have a UK account and 4K titles worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

There is a different app for the English Amazon prime. I can get all the programs meant to be in UHD and HDR in that format using that app but not the Irish prime video app. The interface and user experience is shockingly bad.

I'm using an LG TV or Xbox one.

Buttros wrote: »
    There is a different app for the English Amazon prime. I can get all the programs meant to be in UHD and HDR in that format using that app but not the Irish prime video app. The interface and user experience is shockingly bad.

I'm using an LG TV or Xbox one.

Yeah, I noticed the interface is different, but it shouldn't be too difficult to enable the content that is supposed to work.

Seems like an afterthought of a launch in fairness. Very poor in general.

There is now an Irish twitter feed, @PrimeVideoIE, if you want to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So it's been up and running a few months now how have those who signed up with it found it?

So it's been up and running a few months now how have those who signed up with it found it?

Was absolute tripe to begin with but they've added a nice bit over the last few weeks which will keep me tied over for another few months anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Not worth it for video alone so I cancelled. You'd need to be getting good use from the delivery perks to justify the cost imo.

Still very niche appeal, no PS4 or Chromecast support and little content, but cheap. I don't have any interest in Parcel Motel rigmarole so no delivery use for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Somewhat confused by the prime experience.
    Signed up Thursday. No vpn and in Ireland. Watched 2 episodes of preacher without an issue. Was looking forward to episode 3 when I was blocked access.
    Can still see an original content show e.g. Sneaky Pete. Doesn't explain why I could, then couldn't watch a non-original show.
    Customer experience is bad. They take your money up front then proceed to block. If thats the experience it probably won't take too long to watch the original content that is worth watching before stopping the sub.

Advertisement