Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's absolute rubbish right now. Excluding Bollywood and Anime there's about 100 films in total and maybe 10 of them that aren't either straight to DVD or more than 15 years old.

If you don't like Jeremy Clarkson, you really shouldn't bother.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I had an Amazon Prime account and was using a VPN to access it. I got rid of the VPN when I heard they were launching globally but have been denied any access to any video since. I figured I'd wait it out until they launched worldwide officially but I'm still getting a geoblocked message on everything?

I didn't sign up for the full Prime membership because I couldn't avail of most of it anyway, so I just did the monthly payment for Prime Video. Do I need to unsubscribe and then sign up again?

EDIT:
    I've cancelled my previous subscription but now I can't find where to sign up for the €2.99 trial? It just keeps linking to Prime and a 30 day free trial followed by £ or $ per month?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

Occono wrote: »
    I took a screenshot of the movie selection if it helps anyone: http://imgur.com/a/LzVWx

That's a shocking lineup. Even at €18 for 6 months I'm going to pass.

That's a shocking lineup. Even at €18 for 6 months I'm going to pass.

That's not the full lineup. There's a "see more" button after each heading.

EDIT: Scratch that. There is more than that picture shows but even then it's pretty poor. Movie wise anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

That's not the full lineup. There's a "see more" button after each heading.

I got that. But surely, like Netflix, they lead with their strongest titles first.

• Advertisement

I got that. But surely, like Netflix, they lead with their strongest titles first.

I've managed to get it working and have expanded all the categories and it is really really poor. Even in the TV, original content aside, there's nothing.

I'd hope it's just them getting set up and there'll be more added pretty quickly, otherwise they'll struggle to hold onto anyone after the 7 free days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Is there only 6 episodes of Fear The Walking Dead on it?

Scratch that there is only six episodes in season 1

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The new service has just been reviewed on RTE (Mary Wilson's programme) by a reporter who had clearly read a company press release rather than tried to use the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Smoked Tuna

So if you've subscribed to Amazon Prime to avail of the postage benefits to NI, can you access prime video via this subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

So if you've subscribed to Amazon Prime to avail of the postage benefits to NI, can you access prime video via this subscription?

If you're in NI you'd have been able to use the UK service for years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Smoked Tuna

Occono wrote: »
    If you're in NI you'd have been able to use the UK service for years now.

I'm not in NI. I have used prime however for the one day postage to parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I'm not in NI. I have used prime however for the one day postage to parcel motel.

Ah right. Well, no, because the Irish service is segregated from the UK one and doesn't come with Prime.

I had Prime purely for the video steaming (used a VPN), selected just video when signing up. I had to cancel my subscription and sign up again for this new one.

It's really not worth it at the moment though. The catalogue is truly awful.

Yeah signed up and cancelled immediately. Not even worth it for their own content which most of us have already seen by other means anyway by now.

I'll look back maybe once it's more established. I have a feeling they will be price matching netflix by then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Yup, if you're signed up to Prime you also get access to Prime Video. You have to call customer care and they'll update your account to Ireland. You'll then be able to watch the full catalogue (or at least most of it) on primevideo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Signed up today and very disappointed with the line up. Won't be continuing after the free week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

And season 2 of the Man in the high castle isn't on it, came out today elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Posted in the Bargain Alerts thread. I've managed to get the Full UK library on my LG TV and Roku boxes using the Irish 7 day trial and getflix. Had to register the devices using the in app code generator as I couldn't use the Irish prime video sign in on those apps as its not a UK account. The apps code generator is a work around sadly not an android option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Varik wrote: »
    And season 2 of the Man in the high castle isn't on it, came out today elsewhere.

Yep, blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Yep, blocked.

Working with on mine :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

And yet, s1 of High Castle is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Has anyone got ultra HD available on any of the TVs apps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Buttros

Man in the high castle season 2 working now on my LG TV and I updated the app. Not in UHD or HDR for some reason though. I don't use a VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Buttros wrote: »
    Man in the high castle season 2 working now on my LG TV and I updated the app. Not in UHD or HDR for some reason though. I don't use a VPN

Working on my Fire TV aswell

Just tried it again on the basis of the above posts - working in the iOS app and desktop. :) No VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So I can't get a VPN or DNS to work on either my ipad or PS4 since Amazon Prime has officially come to Ireland. I'd definitely rather pay full price for all the UK content and a VPN opposed to €3 (initial price) for the crappy content we get. Not worth renewing for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Is the Amazon Instant Video app for Sony TVs supposed to work?

Also I've previously had a prime subscription on Amazon.co.uk, how will that work in terms of it being available in Ireland now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Is the Amazon Instant Video app for Sony TVs supposed to work?

Is there even an app for Sony TV's in Ireland? My tv is only about 2 years old but there doesn't seem to be an app appearing for me. I've registered the tv with Sony and updated internet content but I'm not seeing the Amazon Instant Video app.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mines a Sony smart tv(maybe 3 or 4 years old) The amazon prime video app only shows up when I change the DNS settings and refresh the interent content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

WAtched the new episode of GT, watched some Man in the high castle, the quality was good, the controls being in the centre of the screen was bad.

After that everything I clicked on either cost more money or wasn't available in my region.

Bit pointless rolling it out for one or two shows.

Advertisement