Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Someone on here recommended The Bureau.

I tried to find it last night but couldn't see it, searched for the title and all and it came up on the search bar but nothing in the options box.

Is this available to Irish subscribers?

It was on the Irish Prime until recently. It left the service when I was only a few episodes in, so I was quite disappointed. They may get it back at some point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

fryup wrote: »
    ya why do they do that? at least now tv is more straightforward - "that title is not available"

Annoys the sh!t out of me! They have the technology to do so much better.

Even a "Sorry that title is not available" followed by something like other people that searched for this titled watched ..... similar type of movies ..... etc etc.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

It was on the Irish Prime until recently. It left the service when I was only a few episodes in, so I was quite disappointed. They may get it back at some point though.

Same happened to me. It was recommended here and I watched half of the first series, and it vanished. Watched it via other means since. It is very good.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Same happened to me. It was recommended here and I watched half of the first series, and it vanished. Watched it via other means since. It is very good.

Nate

They are supposed to give 30 days notice when a film or series going to "leave" Amazon.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The expanse might be the best thing on Amazon, That and Mr Robot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ive just started season 5 , the special effects seem to have had an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Eoghan25

Hi,
    Is anyone using Amazon Household successfully for sharing Prime video. I was trying to share last night but could not everything looks like it successful setup but when the other person tries to login they get offered a trial. I tried Amazon support they said it was a brexit thing that sharing no longer works in the Republic which it maybe but i felt it was quick easy answer. So just casting the net out see does anyone have it working

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Taeholic

Not sure if they have already been mentioned but

Startup
    Hand of God
    This is us
    Bosch
    Goliath
    Informer
    The man in the high castle
    Hunters
    The Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Love The Expanse. Never heard of Mr Robot but looks good, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Just finished the expanse series 5 and just want to vent. Won't spoil but I was wishing one of the main characters would exit the show. Found it painful watching that series.
    Don't think I can hack another series because of said character. Painful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished season 7 of the X-Files. I've mixed feelings on it. There were some episodes I really liked, but it had a few bad ones too, particularly near the end. I also came away from one of the most significant episodes feeling quite different towards it compared to when I first saw it twenty odd years ago...

I mentioned in my season 6 recap that I liked how the mythology episodes were starting to mix religious elements with the aliens, but it never really goes anywhere this season.

Some episodes held up very well which I remembered fondly when I first watched, such as the Goldberg variation (about the guy with amazing luck), Je Souhaite (the genie episode), while I also really liked X-Cops (spoof of the show Cops), as well as Hollywood AD (where they make a movie on Mulder and Scully). I would say the comedy is the strongest part of this season. Mulder is hilarious in several episodes. I love his reaction to the model in the First Person Shooter episode, as well as how he makes fun of Skinner having a bubble bath in the film one.

There are some stinkers, it must be said. The Gillian Anderson-penned 'all things' might be the worst episode I've seen. Nothing of note happens, and it doesn't feel like she gets Scully's character right, which surprised me. I hated this one. The second half of the season got a bit lacklustre.

What surprised me most was my thoughts on the episode Closure, where Mulder gets to find out what happened to his sister. When I first saw this back in the day, I remember thinking it was a good episode, and in particular the use of Moby's song for the closing scene. Watching it back, however, I found it a very unsatisfying conclusion to the storyline. It's probably because I've been following the story arc much more closely this time around that I found it such a letdown. I believe they could have come up with a better conclusion. The Moby music works well and it's nice to see Mulder feel like he gets closure, but the explanation doesn't seem consistent with what we've seen previously.

The season finale was quite good and ends with a significant cliffhanger. I liked that they went back to the events of the pilot episode too. Next season is the one where Doggett comes into the picture and Mulder has less screen time. I remember liking his character when I watched originally, so I'm keen to see if I feel the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Taeholic wrote: »
    Not sure if they have already been mentioned but

Startup
    Hand of God
    This is us
    Bosch
    Goliath
    Informer
    The man in the high castle
    Hunters
    The Boys

If you've not seen Patriot, drop everything and watch it.It's bonkers but brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Taeholic

hkjohn wrote: »
    If you've not seen Patriot, drop everything and watch it.It's bonkers but brilliant

Added to the list thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

hkjohn wrote: »
    Yes, excellent. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is the Taken series as daft as the movies? and who's taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

fryup wrote: »
    is the Taken series as daft as the movies? and who's taken?

I watched the pilot and I'd say don't bother, was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 knightfly

Scammer Warning: Just a quick word of warning - I've just been cold-called by a crowed who were trying to scam me...

The phone rings, and an obviously computerised voice reads a message that says that are calling about my Amazon Prime account and that they are about to charge me €79. If I want to talk to a customer advisor about it, press a button to be transferred. I expect this would be the point when I'm connected to a scammer, but I put the phone down.

From my POV it was obviously a scam; I've never given Amazon my home phone number.

Just be aware the scammers are out there and don't get sucked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

knightfly wrote: »
    Scammer Warning: Just a quick word of warning - I've just been cold-called by a crowed who were trying to scam me...

The phone rings, and an obviously computerised voice reads a message that says that are calling about my Amazon Prime account and that they are about to charge me €79. If I want to talk to a customer advisor about it, press a button to be transferred. I expect this would be the point when I'm connected to a scammer, but I put the phone down.

From my POV it was obviously a scam; I've never given Amazon my home phone number.

Just be aware the scammers are out there and don't get sucked in.

Should have pressed the button. You were wide. Could have had a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Frank of Ireland, could be a good series, it loaded with some good actors anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems it's a joint venture between Channel 4 and Amazon so not sure will it be released on Prime here or if that's just outside UK and Ireland. Or if it releases later.

Yeah, this was posted in the Premiere thread
    brian_t wrote: »
    Frank of Ireland starts on Channel 4 on Thursday 15th April at 10pm.

Sitcom from Domhnall and Brian Gleeson about an Irish fantasist, Frank, and his wingman, Doofus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY-swlATQ2A

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/frank_of_ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Hurrache wrote: »
    Yeah, this was posted in the Premiere thread

Is this show in the love hate cinematic universe ? Is nidge playing nidge ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah, makes sense then this is a Channel 4 collab; found it initially strange a major international streaming service might be going it alone on an Ireland based series. Also sad it often takes anyone but RTE to produce vaguely competent looking drama or comedies.

And while a bit unsurprising, with that beard Brian Gleeson looks so like his father it's spooky.

pixelburp wrote: »
    And while a bit unsurprising, with that beard Brian Gleeson looks so like his father it's spooky.

They're ideal for one of those movies that take place over generations, save the producers the time and effort in using digital effects to age or youngify the actor involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,202 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really enjoyed the first episode of the new animated show invisible, great voice cast as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

gmisk wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the first episode of the new animated show invisible, great voice cast as well

Do you mean Invincible, or is it another show?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,202 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Do you mean Invincible, or is it another show?

That's the one...curse my spelling!
    Invincible...really fun. A bit like the boys but animated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's the one...curse my spelling!
    Invincible...really fun. A bit like the boys but animated

Will add it to the watch-list, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

It's so good, really surprised how much I enjoyed the first episode. Hope it holds up...

Advertisement