Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

unkel wrote: »
    That looks pretty decent for the money at first sight. But.....

I suspect the warranty he mentions is just for battery and drivetrain though. All cars are covered for 8 years with unlimited mileage.

It's a private sale so I suspect there is no other warranty on the car. Also no mention of NCT and you can't check this and other stuff like accident history and finance owing with the license plate covered, what is he hiding? :rolleyes:

Unless the seller has proof all of the above is false and that the car indeed still has Tesla CPO bumper to bumper warranty, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole unless there is a significant discount available

What's the best car check service nowadays (cartell, motorcheck etc), or are they all much of a muchness?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Much of a muchness. All do a free check for the basic stuff and when you are seriously considering buying it, paying for a further check with outstanding finance, insurance claims history etc, would be recommendable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

LOL, I don't know where else to post it but Bjorn just bought back Millennium Falcon, be great to see his tests.
    This is as near a car to yours Unkel, straight P85 RWD, no AP

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

slave1 wrote: »
    LOL, I don't know where else to post it but Bjorn just bought back Millennium Falcon, be great to see his tests.

That could be an interesting watch alright as he repairs a few things and does some range/degradation tests over the coming weeks.

It has decent mileage on it so its a good test EV for his channel.

The wiper thing he showed looks nasty! The build quality was really poor back then.

Yeah, the first batch of RHD at tail end of 2013...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Yep. Seen the clips yesterday and today. It will be very interesting, how the car is fairing. Pretty high milage, too.

/M

That looks very familiar :)

His model is slightly older than mine, but very similar. Of all the cars he could have bought, he picked a very old Model S, the one he bought brand new with his own money and which started this totally new direction in his life. I thought he recently did some videos where he went through all his options (while waiting for the Tesla Model S plaid+ that he has ordered) and I seem to remember he actually ordered a new base Model 3?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

KCross wrote: »
    That could be an interesting watch alright as he repairs a few things and does some range/degradation tests over the coming weeks.

It has decent mileage on it so its a good test EV for his channel.

The wiper thing he showed looks nasty! The build quality was really poor back then.

The wiper thing is a common issue. You have to replace the motor. It’s a ranger job and done in your garden in about 30 mins. But it’s a €396 job.

I had mine done last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I seem to remember he actually ordered a new base Model 3?

No. He was considering to buy a M3 SR+, but then Markusbil told him, that they already had one on order and they would lend it to him for a long term test, no bother.

As a result, he's been hopping between loaners and that little norwegian electric car, until it arrives.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

ELM327 wrote: »
    Look who bought the 4 seater "executive rear seat" model S from Merlins
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-model-s-model-model-70d-awd/27223669

Someone on the facebook group after mentioning they've purchased it and showing this thread, hate the idea of someone getting a bad deal on it

Is it rude to inform them of the old price etc or would it be seen as peeing on their good news?

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Look who bought the 4 seater "executive rear seat" model S from Merlins
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-model-s-model-model-70d-awd/27223669

The famous 4 seater is now sold.
    A guy on the FB Group bought it.

What did it go for again at auction?

"This car has just returned to us from Tesla Ireland after a no expense spared Service."

LOL, can we see the bill for that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

"This car has just returned to us from Tesla Ireland after a no expense spared Service."

around 31/32k if memory serves me

That garage was very, very lucky to sell it :D

I bet your man from Athlone is fuming now, he tried to sell it for a good year until he gave up and put it up for auction :p

If you don't need the normal practicality of the hatchback and you only need 4 seats, that was a great buy for €31k. And I guess Model S are holding their value quite well this year because of brexit and there aren't many for sale. But jaysus I hope he didn't pay close to that €38k asking price :o

Merlin sold it for 31k iirc.
    Bolands have it advertised from37,995.

The guy that bought it has owned 4 EV’s beforehand so no newbie :)
    He is querying the error as I sent him the images etc and told him but he was aware of the error but didn’t know what it was for so should be sorted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Gumbo wrote: »
    Merlin sold it for 31k iirc.
    Bolands have it advertised from37,995.

The guy that bought it has owned 4 EV’s beforehand so no newbie :)
    He is querying the error as I sent him the images etc and told him but he was aware of the error but didn’t know what it was for so should be sorted for him.

Don't forget there would have been the 8% buyers fee on top of that.

I would have been €30,200 + 8% = € 32,616

• Registered Users Posts: 21,371 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That buyers fee is for private buyers. Lots of dealers are on contract pricing with them, fyi

Guys, I had scheduled pre heating of my S way back, I never changed it because it only happened when the car was plugged in.
    Been getting high "phantom" drain recently so went through all my settings.

A recent update has allowed pre heating if the car is not plugged in and this has been draining my S over last few weeks.

Just a heads up...

Guys, I had scheduled pre heating of my S way back, I never changed it because it only happened when the car was plugged in.
    Been getting high "phantom" drain recently so went through all my settings.

A recent update has allowed pre heating if the car is not plugged in and this has been draining my S over last few weeks.

Just a heads up...

It worked for me always even when not plugged in :confused:
    Weird.

Yeah, surely most EVs with an app can be heated (on schedule or not) remotely via the app withouth being plugged in? :confused:

• Advertisement

Heated remotely with the app always works regardless
    He's talking about preconditioning on a scheduled - this has been a buggy feature for some time, I stopped using it when it failed to charge my car before the scheduled departure a short while after getting the car.

I admit I rarely use pre-heating. On the 3-4 days we get in Ireland when the car would have frozen overnight, I usually just switch the heat on when I wake up, car will be hot 5-10 minutes later, well before I need to use it

This is what I do too. The schedules dont work well and are not needed.
    Wake up, open app, then it heats on "hi" until I am ready to go.

Last time I forgot to switch it off and when I looked about 30 minutes later it was 37C in the car :p

I want to think it is on purpose but the max it goes to in my observation is 42.

LOL you'd need to open the windows and bring a few ice cold drinks before you'd head off :p

Thankfully you can vent the sunroof and windows from the app too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

garo wrote: »
    Interesting article. I'd never heard of it.

But it's definitely true. I've gone for random 500km drives in my EVs because the fuel is free/nearly free.

I used to have to ration my leisure drives in my classic cars because they got less than 12-15mpg and it was a huge expense to drive them especially back a few years ago when I was earning a lot less. With the S especially, before lockdown, it just lends itself to pleasure cruises.

• Advertisement

garo wrote: »

We'll all be commuting to Mars with all that clean renewable leccy from wind that we're getting in a few years time :p

Advertisement