Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm not a fan of it either, was annoyed when they introduced it in the Souls games too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's just one problem with your prediction, and he spends his days retweeting alt-right bullshït.
    If you're talking about Notch, the creator, he's no longer involved and they've taken his name off the game in recent years because he's such a liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,136 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just remembered the real reason Last of Us doesn't deserve game of the decade.

Sure it wasn't even the best game of the year it was released.

#pikmin3needsmorelove
    #pikmin4switch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Surprise release surely with a conversion of 3 to switch to drum up hype? Please Nintendo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    yeah, but that 'breaks' too and it goes into a cooldown timer.
    -
    Just for the record, I'm not saying the weapon degradation shouldn't be in there at all. My point is that weapons break too quickly.

It shouldnt be in it at all, thats literally the only thing i didnt like about the game, didnt like is an understatement though, i hated it with a passion.

I thought getting the mastersword was going to be the silver lining, but no, breaks too, lame shiz

:(:mad::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Soo much gaming news today.....oh wait:P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, absolute bull**** that Days Gone didn't get a single nomination. Also, Troy Bakers performance was much better than Norman reedus and mads in death stranding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wow, absolute bull**** that Days Gone didn't get a single nomination. Also, Troy Bakers performance was much better than Norman reedus and mads in death stranding.

Geoff might have convinced/begged Norman or Mads to show up.
    GOTY is the weakest it's been in a few years. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Fixed it for you there, also created new thread for game awards

Fixed it for you there, also created new thread for game awards

That Google search works really well, select a category, hit the button beside your pick and hit vote. Never saw a voting system done through Google search before.

Gave Death Stranding about 5 votes including goty. Need for speed Heat badly missing from the racing category also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Fan votes aren't going to prove anything. Just a popularity contest then. Should do it like the Oscars and have a panel of game devs or whatever. Let them decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

That Google search works really well, select a category, hit the button beside your pick and hit vote. Never saw a voting system done through Google search before.

Gave Death Stranding about 5 votes including goty. Need for speed Heat badly missing from the racing category also.
    Found the actual site handier as all awards in one page.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »
    Geoff might have convinced/begged Norman or Mads to show up.
    GOTY is the weakest it's been in a few years. :/

Smash was a massive release. Resident Evil was a brilliant remaster/rework. I loved Sekiro and Death Stranding did try something on a massive scale even if it looks terribly boring to me.

We should be thinking about games of the decade now surely with a new one weeks away.
    New decade starts 2021. Yeah I like to bring this argument up every 10 years. I also like to argue with people who think summer starts in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

New decade starts 2021. Yeah I like to bring this argument up every 10 years. I also like to argue with people who think summer starts in May.

Something I never thought about but that means we all celebrated the new millennium a year early :eek:

We didn't you stop us? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would the new decade not start when the 10's finish and roll into the 20's?

Something I never thought about but that means we all celebrated the new millennium a year early :eek:

We didn't you stop us? Why?
    Exactly :-) Ignorance on a global scale. I did actually point it out at the time. Something about being a party pooper...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Game Awards are basically an excuse for lots of ads and corporate backslapping at this stage, and probably should be taken on that level. But honestly it’s still pretty sad that in the most visible gaming awards of the year not a single indie game makes the cut for the top award. I mean, it’s cool and apt that the likes of Outer Wilds and Sayonara Wild Hearts feature elsewhere... but being relegated off to the ‘indie’ category while the blockbusters dominate ‘GOTY’ is IMO unfortunate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Would the new decade not start when the 10's finish and roll into the 20's?
    I agree, but they didn't start at 0.

Nope

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020s

Troy Baker and Nolan North starting a Let's Play of The Last of Us in a few minutes with guests each episode who were in the game.

https://twitter.com/TroyBakerVA/status/1196872482449289216?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah year zero is in decade one. The New decade starts at 10, ten years later. Tried explaining that to friends when we were 9. I learned an important lesson that day.

Wikipedia is wrong.
    Start at 1. Add 10 years.

Wikipedia also contradicts itself by correctly saying the 20th century ended 31st Dec 2000:

Edit: I cant paste for some reason but look up 20th century in wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Troy Baker and Nolan North starting a Let's Play of The Last of Us in a few minutes with guests each episode who were in the game.

https://twitter.com/TroyBakerVA/status/1196872482449289216?s=19

So she played Sarah. She nailed it because for a character
    who was in the game for all of 5 minutes I still remember Sarah's cries of pain while dying were absolutely heartbreaking.

J. Marston wrote: »
    So she played Sarah. She nailed it because for a character
    who was in the game for all of 5 minutes I still remember Sarah's cries of pain while dying were absolutely heartbreaking.

This is them at the end of the prologue. Both got emotional while Nolan was just shocked. This should be a good series. Troy also said he ad libbed "baby girl" and it stuck. Some nice behind the scenes stuff talked about.

495656.jpg

That looks pretty cringey.

That looks pretty cringey.

They were explaining how both of them were shooting a 1 minute scene for 6 hours and then had to reshoot it with most of the scene being crying on command. They said anytime either of them see that scene, they are reminded of what they were saying to each other to keep them going. Nolan was just shocked.

I hate youtubers and their ott reactions but this was really interesting hearing about the emotion that goes on behind the scenes.

• Advertisement

Yupp, this was me. Got an email saying i redeemed a month of origin. Instantly reset my password, checked all over their site to see what happened and in the last section before submitting a ticket to them, i saw a note saying "are you asking about a free month we have given you??" Link. Jesus, just tell me that in the email in the first place!

https://kotaku.com/ea-scares-the-hell-out-of-origin-users-into-thinking-th-1839958273?utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement