Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 14:10   #1
AMKC

When did streaming become a thing and what was the first show you streamed?

I ask because for me it's a relatively new thing. I think the first show I ever streamed was Star Trek Discovery and that only came out around 2 years ago. I have streamed many since then including Lost In Space, Star Wars The Mandolian, Batwomen etc.
I still watch plenty of regular T.V too and recorded programmes on it as well. Streaming is ok but I prefer a show on the T.V that will never change for me.
So what year was the first time you streamed I an guessing sometime in the last 5 to 10 years and what was it?
Advertisement
Yesterday, 14:38   #2
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMKC View Post
So what year was the first time you streamed I an guessing sometime in the last 5 to 10 years and what was it?

I'd say that a lot of people tried streaming with a certain type of content but maybe a lot might likewise not admit it!
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 14:54   #3
afatbollix

As I lived in the sticks I didn't get UK TV so I downloaded everything from UK-Nova that must of been 17 years ago now when I started that.

The first video I watched live-streamed was a conference from GUI in 2003 It was a crappy stream that was throttled by my internet at 512Kbps

Quality means more to me now, So who ever has the best quality is what I will watch it on.

Some streaming services are fairly crap so Sky is better where as Netflix has the best quality of anything out there.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion