Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot, day 2 - Wednesday

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am having a fiver on Preening. Fanshawe knows his fillies.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Dutching Pretty Baby and Di Fede in the next. Favourite's form is very up and down so doesn't appeal at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Best tipster on the forum confirmed there :D
    Yeah it's brilliant when those 2/1 favs come in:D

spent a long time here in the past and whilst I don't know who the best tipster is I certainly know who's the worst.
    I don't want to go digging again dan but if I have to I will :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Settle for Bay to repeat last years victory? Hoping between him and what’s the story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Nice to hear Haggas praising Doyle for "not trying" on Sea the Class in the big one. Hope the stewards had a word .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

One of my original bets, Breden, now a non runner in Hunt Cup, preferred So Beloved on form of the two I had bet but high draws look the way to go on all available evidence.

Small bit on Circus Couture instead of Breden to keep the high/low balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

tryfix wrote: »
    He's so hungry to win and seems to be reading many races to perfection.

That was a really top class race with the first three rated well into the 120s, even with the rain making things messy it was solid form. The winner looks like he could be a Ulysses this year. Couldn't necessarily see any of the field winning the Arc ( though I'm very soft on Magical for the Arc and Found had plenty of defeats on the way there ) but the top three are good enough to place in it and Sea Of Class can be excused today's run.

Need to find a 3yo who could put it up to them in the Arc, not an easy task.

The conditions just turned completely into his favour. Frankie wise to Hunting Horn trying to set steady fractions and pushed him all the way. It was clever as he knew his horse stays well and lacks that finishing kick a la the 2 fillies.

Am i right in saying Danny Tudhope is leading Jockey? Not watching the coverage since the Prince of Wales but he is on 3 winners right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Am i right in saying Danny Tudhope is leading Jockey? Not watching the coverage since the Prince of Wales but he is on 3 winners right?
    Assume so, riding at Ripon tomorrow though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

I’ve backed Red Starlight in the 5:00. Drifted to a nice each way price now. 50/1 6 places Boyles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

mailburner wrote: »
    spent a long time here in the past and whilst I don't know who the best tipster is I certainly know who's the worst.
    I don't want to go digging again dan but if I have to I will :cool:

Dig away son, although I thought backing on the Eurovision song contest was your area of expertise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Mitchum Swagger likes it soft. Adeybb bolted up yesterday in a decent race and Mitchum 2a sonly 3l back from him when he won the Lincoln last year. He has form at this track and should go OK at a huge price of 33/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dig away son, although I thought backing on the Eurovision song contest was your area of expertise!

Yes
    I lumped on the netherlands and guess what?
    They won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

madmoose wrote: »
    Need Waldgeist and Kimari antepost but it doesn’t look easy.

Added the following in the Hunt Cup, all ew 6 or 7 places

Chief Ironside 25/1
    Zhui Feng 33/1
    Afaak 25/1

Finally a winner

I know he didn't win but jesus Spencer is different gravy over the 1m straight course on these hold up horses.

Looked like he nosed in front for half a stride to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

happy days affak makes it a profitable day!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Who won the 1700 please?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhuckHugh22
    Queen Mary: Theory of Time 14/1(1 point win)
    Queens Vase: Norway @3/1(1 point win)
    Prince of Wales: Crystal Ocean @4/1(1 point win)
    Duke of Cambridge: Veracious @10/1(2 points each way 1/5 4 places)
    Royal Hunt Cup: Petrus @33/1(1 point each way 1/5 7 places), Mitchum Swagger @40/1(.5 points each way 1/5 6 places, Zwayan @40/1(.5 points each way 1/5 7 places)

*There are better prices and terms available for some of these but these are the prices and terms I could get on at so not going to put up something I can't get.
    **Adding a bet in the Queen Mary

Staked: 11 points
    With the conditions turning a bit sticky. Have added another 1 point win on Crystal Ocean still at 4/1.

Total staked today: 12

Winner and Veracious placing 4th. Not a bad day again.

Staked: 12
    Returned: 16
    P/L: 4 points

Added to total from yesterday.
    Staked: 21.5
    Returned: 37
    P/L: +15.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Stheno wrote: »
    Who won the 1700 please?
    Afaak

I wish someone would tell that eegit that her names FRANCESCA. Not JESSICA.

• Advertisement

You sure they arent calling her Cesca? or Chesca? (However you want to pronounce it.)
    Pretty sure they all call her that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

They are calling her "Cesca" pronounced Chesca.......

Doh!!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement