Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot, day 2 - Wednesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

This will be my biggest bet of the meeting, I lumped onto Norway @ 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

some finish to that.

The favourite came 2nd last ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Managed to get a winner with the free bet cheers paddy power lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Drinks on Oisin tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Queen Mary: Theory of Time 14/1(1 point win)
    Queens Vase: Norway @3/1(1 point win)
    Prince of Wales: Crystal Ocean @4/1(1 point win)
    Duke of Cambridge: Veracious @10/1(2 points each way 1/5 4 places)
    Royal Hunt Cup: Petrus @33/1(1 point each way 1/5 7 places), Mitchum Swagger @40/1(.5 points each way 1/5 6 places, Zwayan @40/1(.5 points each way 1/5 7 places)

*There are better prices and terms available for some of these but these are the prices and terms I could get on at so not going to put up something I can't get.
    **Adding a bet in the Queen Mary

Staked: 11 points

With the conditions turning a bit sticky. Have added another 1 point win on Crystal Ocean still at 4/1.

Total staked today: 12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Doubled down on Sea Of Class at around 5/1 on betfair here, market schmarket, best horse in race

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

FatRat wrote: »

In the 3.05 I think Dashing Willoughby will improve again up another 2f. I don't think the race was ran right for him when he finished close 3rd behind Norway at Chester. He set quite a slow gallop from the start. This will be a much different race now and probably will be a more staying test. Norway probably has his measure but at 10/1 he is worth a few pound.

Delighted with this :D Norway's run too bad to be true there
    Doubled down on Sea Of Class at around 5/1 on betfair here, market schmarket, best horse in race

Agreed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Haggas has pulled Seniority from the Hunt Cup. Given that (Seniority) is the Queen of England's horse he obviously is ok with running Sea of class on the ground.

He is going for it. I think 4/1 is a nice price, she is a cracking filly.

Just interviewed at the saddling enclosure there, " nervous " but " we need to get a run into her " " she is a racehorse" .

You have to admire the Japanese horse, I love the name. Can you imagine shouting " hon Deirdre , gwan Deirdre , get up Deirdre"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Haggas sounding like Sea of Class has no chance.

Won't get any points for originality but I'll take Magical. A good few of the horses who have won or been close in that Tattersalls Gold Cup have won or been shd 2nd in this race. Easy to say she didn't beat a whole lot there but she hacked up. Back in 2012 So You Think won that race by 6L and followed up in this.

I think Magical will handle the ground okay, she seems versatile that way having ran so well in the Breeders Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

magical but not at the price

hard to know what to make of sea of class after listening to haggas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sea of Class at the prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Haggas has pulled Seniority from the Hunt Cup. Given that (Seniority) is the Queen of England's horse he obviously is ok with running Sea of class on the ground.

He is going for it. I think 4/1 is a nice price, she is a cracking filly.

Just interviewed at the saddling enclosure there, " nervous " but " we need to get a run into her " " she is a racehorse" .

You have to admire the Japanese horse, I love the name. Can you imagine shouting " hon Deirdre , gwan Deirdre , get up Deirdre"

I would not touch Sea of Class after his comments. Wasnt going to anyway. Dont think theyll give her a hard race here and coming from the back as is her style aint gonna happen under these circumstances

Sea of Class 13/2 on the exchange now.
    Friendless!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Haggas sounding like Sea of Class has no chance.

His interview put me off the horse. Sounded really uncomfortable with even running the horse because of the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Had hunting horn at 66/1 on an each way bet.... fuming.

Oh Frankie that was magnifique

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

perfect by frankie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Not had a winner all week.

NeonWolf wrote: »
    Not had a winner all week.

We are only a day and a half in. Keep the faith :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

His interview put me off the horse. Sounded really uncomfortable with even running the horse because of the rain.

What the **** did he run it for then? Never tried a yard anyway. Non Trier if ever there was one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Stradivarius loses tomorrow and i am doing a Gav Shels on it and giving up this flat rat nonsense!

Joan Collins on the Champagne there. I have to admit she is a bit like marmite etc.

I definitely would though. She gets a nod on the " Wudja " scale.

I am a bad bad man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

What did Ryan Moore say there as he was going into the weigh room after that race, wasn't happy anyway but I couldn't catch what he said

GoneHome wrote: »
    What did Ryan Moore say there as he was going into the weigh room after that race, wasn't happy anyway but I couldn't catch what he said

With any luck " I am retiring with immediate effect "

Southern Rock wins this I think.
    Best tipster on the forum confirmed there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Backed Hand on Heart 50's e/w 4 places. She is an improving filly and didn't get the rub of the green last time behind an in form rival. She's still lightly raced and could outrun her odds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Best tipster on the forum confirmed there :D

Yeah it's brilliant when those 2/1 favs come in:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

UrbanFret wrote: »
    What the **** did he run it for then? Never tried a yard anyway. Non Trier if ever there was one.

He said it himself before the race 'she's a racehorse I have to get a run into her'

And she stayed on well from the back certainly wouldn't call her a non trier. Pocket talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Oh Frankie that was magnifique

He's so hungry to win and seems to be reading many races to perfection.

That was a really top class race with the first three rated well into the 120s, even with the rain making things messy it was solid form. The winner looks like he could be a Ulysses this year. Couldn't necessarily see any of the field winning the Arc ( though I'm very soft on Magical for the Arc and Found had plenty of defeats on the way there ) but the top three are good enough to place in it and Sea Of Class can be excused today's run.

Need to find a 3yo who could put it up to them in the Arc, not an easy task.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's brilliant when those 2/1 favs come in:D
    The man put up the winner of one race, that's good enough for me. Next time you back a winner, treat yourself to a sense of humour.

Advertisement