Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

classic mode? can't see it as an option on my gametype

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

2GB patch on Xbox one. So pumped for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

downloaded patch this morning and played a round of rush... didn't notice anything new.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    downloaded patch this morning and played a round of rush... didn't notice anything new.

Then are you sure you downloaded it? Huge difference

miralize wrote: »
    Then are you sure you downloaded it? Huge difference

I played a round of conquest there as assault and saw the count down for the revvie so its definitely the patch. The game seems better but I guess it was a pretty short game. Early days!

• Advertisement

Question : how do you play classic mode ? They said it was going to be included but I don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

All we need now (on PS4) is some premium servers with a feckin alternative list of maps to play; not the same auld, same auld

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Found this on Battlelog
    Classic Mode

The Battlefield 4 Fall Update introduces a new preset called “Classic Mode”. Rules on these servers hone back to Battlefield 2/3 and are designed for skilled players looking for more of a challenge and seeking stricter rules.

For instance, you are able to spawn on only the squad leader in Classic Mode, increasing the challenge and need for greater tactical thinking as a squad leader.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/bf4-updates-include-classic-mode/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

To get classic mode just go to server browser and edit the type of server you want. It's under preset along with normal, hardcore and infantry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

In fairness this should have been the norm from the off. The games life cycle is nearly done. Hopefully they incorporate all of this into Hardline from Day 1.

• Advertisement

I have to say it all feels a bit late... everyone on my friends list is playing Destiny (which I didn't get) and this patch should have came out a month after BF4 was released.

You can change the HUD and remove clutter but I forget where all that stuff is in the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Really impressed with what I've seen so far, bit late though as I'm beat into Destiny at the moment, but I will be back to BF4 now when I'm bored of traversing the solar system... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Did anyone else log in to Battlelog today and find extra battle packs ? , The first time I logged in this afternoon there were 8 gold packs , I opened them , logged in there this evening and there was another 4 .

jonski wrote: »
    Did anyone else log in to Battlelog today and find extra battle packs ? , The first time I logged in this afternoon there were 8 gold packs , I opened them , logged in there this evening and there was another 4 .

No? :( Did you complain a lot to them at one stage, and this is their way of apologizing?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

jonski wrote: »

Just had a look there and there were a good few. I haven't wanted to go anywhere near it in months tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Such a pity it actually took until version 2.0 to get a working version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

heh, only thing I'm not liking is the speed really.

its way too fast now imo.

I know its meant to be the same speed as battlefield 3 but 4 is so much more hectic then 3 in many ways that throwing in more speed is a bit insane.

Taking more hits to kill people doesnt bother me but with the speed boost it does sometimes turn into a bit of a farce race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I must have gotten a different patch to everyone else...

Game feels like it's running through treacle now, everything feels slower.

And for me it's gone from being shot after I run round a corner to being shot before I come round the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Just playing some Classic mode there, yeah it seems really cool, I had never really tried out hardcore but I reckon Id dig it as I like the fact that you have to be that little bit more careful and there is less Halo style from everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I must have gotten a different patch to everyone else...

Game feels like it's running through treacle now, everything feels slower.

And for me it's gone from being shot after I run round a corner to being shot before I come round the corner.

I'm like you, The standard movement speed seems really slow, sprinting is about the same though. Otherwise I found it to be better overall so far.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got a classic mode game there yesterday and liked it, it seems to tighten up gameplay a lot.

Got killed several times around a corner, like took fire - ducked around a corner then got a whole bunch of hits at the same time and died. hmm... I think its still not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I'm like you, The standard movement speed seems really slow, sprinting is about the same though. Otherwise I found it to be better overall so far.

The slow movement speed is due to your Field of View settings being defaulted to 55 degrees. I changed mine back to 80 degrees and it feels normal now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The slow movement speed is due to your Field of View settings being defaulted to 55 degrees. I changed mine back to 80 degrees and it feels normal now

I'm on xbox one. I don't think I can adjust the fov

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Glad more people are trying & enjoying Classic mode. Definitely the only way to play it now imo

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is 2.0 out on ps4 too? Or is it only on pc?

Is 2.0 out on ps4 too? Or is it only on pc?

The fall patch is out on all platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, this patch did wonders for pc version. I fired ps4 and no update was in queue for Bf4. I guess it was done in background few days ago. Anyway, patch or not I can actually play now. I suck with controller like a boss, but even I managed to kill few people tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Okay, this patch did wonders for pc version. I fired ps4 and no update was in queue for Bf4. I guess it was done in background few days ago. Anyway, patch or not I can actually play now. I suck with controller like a boss, but even I managed to kill few people tonight.

I had a few games yesterday on PS4, it's a bloody beast now so it is.....

Had more fun in one sitting than the last 11 months, feels fresh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Might just be me but I preferred it pre patch. Getting a lot of cheap deaths now compared to before. I shot one guy twice in the head this evening with a shotgun at close range and he turned around and stabbed me. Definitely not enjoying it after this update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

I want to get my son premium (has the base game) for bf4 so where is the best place to get it?
    The best i've found is about 30e.

Advertisement