Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,303 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The Red wrote: »
    If you want my humble opinion, I wouldnt live without BF Bad Company 2, BF3 and BF4. I love them all but If you only want to get one, BF4 is really good right now. I am only a lowly rank 40 in BF3 but I am really envious of all the BF vets in here that have had the last few years of fun with it. I would love to stick to BF3 but 4 is where its at right now. Ahhhh the difficulty of choices!! But in fairness, there are no wrong choices. Fact.

Oh, and just go with premium for any of them, its worth it.

Sirinava.
    BFBC2 can be got for very little (physicalDVD version) at the moment and honestly, it's an extremely fun game that is better than BF4 in many respects (especially in rush mode)

The digital download is about 20 quid on origin which is pricy for a 5 year old game but you can get the disk for a tenner from gamestop as a physical copy second hand (or less if you get it from amazon.co.uk)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Hmmm, I bet if you ask nicely someone might even have an old key lying around they might donate? But dont quote me on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭tigger123

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yes there is the following so far:

Naval Strike
    Seccond Assault
    China Rising
    Dragon's Teeth

The upgrading to Premium process is a total pain, the only one I could see at the time was Dragons Teeth, so I downloaded that.

Will I find the other packs in the PlayStation Store?

Cheers for the response btw, a lot of bf4 for me this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Pod launchers and hover tanks:
    http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-4-general-discussion/8333-final-stand-weapons-vehicles-gadgets/#post264328

Is the rail gun going to be like the Pilum from 2142 I wonder? I loved sniping helis with that yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Pod launchers and hover tanks:
    http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-4-general-discussion/8333-final-stand-weapons-vehicles-gadgets/#post264328

Is the rail gun going to be like the Pilum from 2142 I wonder? I loved sniping helis with that yoke

Looks cool :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Final Stand trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

Never liked 2142 and this has some things like it.

Yes there is the following so far:

Naval Strike
    Seccond Assault
    China Rising
    Dragon's Teeth

I downloaded them, China Rising is savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Whiteout is out on CTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Didn't like 2141 and this doesn't look too promising. Shame

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

tigger123 wrote: »
    I downloaded them, China Rising is savage!

I have had them all a few months now and I find I very rarely play any of the add ons. Map rotation is crap when you can only select it by map packs. Why cant we just have full map rotation :(

I have had them all a few months now and I find I very rarely play any of the add ons. Map rotation is crap when you can only select it by map packs. Why cant we just have full map rotation :(

I'd be inclined to agree. In BF3 you could select a game mode and any of them would come up, much better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

tigger123 wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to agree. In BF3 you could select a game mode and any of them would come up, much better.

Yeah BF3 was far easier to navigate than BF4. Squads only got added recent enough. Its also a pity that they didnt allow the quick game to allow official Dice servers only aswell.

omerin wrote: »
    Didn't like 2141 and this doesn't look too promising. Shame

There is not much new here tbh, a floatie tank and the rail gun. Other than that its BF4 in the snow.

Only played Whiteout so far, another one released today.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    There is not much new here tbh, a floatie tank and the rail gun. Other than that its BF4 in the snow.

The tank might be good craic, able to get rid of pesky feckers that try to c4 you :P

You mean you can only select specific map pack servers and not servers than run a mix of all DLCs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

You mean you can only select specific map pack servers and not servers than run a mix of all DLCs?

Somethings up there, the server filter should let him pick ones running all the maps, I know for a fact that one of my favorite servers is titled something like "OLD & NEW"

Well on the game mode if you click on TDM it will let you only select each map pack.

On server browser you can select it but I like playing official Dice servers and there is no way of doing it on them i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Well on the game mode if you click on TDM it will let you only select each map pack.

On server browser you can select it but I like playing official Dice servers and there is no way of doing it on them i think.

If you look across on the server browser it says if they are official and ranked / unranked

• Advertisement

Yeah BF3 was far easier to navigate than BF4. Squads only got added recent enough. Its also a pity that they didnt allow the quick game to allow official Dice servers only aswell.

That was always a real bugbear of mine in bf3, users renting servers and implementing their own rules, 400% ticket matches that last forever, total pain in the ass.

If you look across on the server browser it says if they are official and ranked / unranked

I tried that last night and all I got for TDM/Official was 2 servers running Metro only which was a pain in the rear cos they were rented servers rather than dice for some weird reason.

I forgot about that. Thankfully most PC server admins are generally OK and don't have any stupid rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

The two new maps look dreadful. Not very nice places to spend your time. A bit depressing really. Where's the pretty colours?

dreamers75 wrote: »

Ha I love that metal storm. The feck in blast off it! Takes down helis from a bit of a distance too. Class.

Giants of Karelia is a very good map (its says hangar 21 in battelog but its not) the space between C and F is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Sorry for the stupid questions but...
    When I log on to origin I see

Battlefield 4™ and Premium Membership Bundle ~ €60
    Battlefield 4™ Premium Membership ~ €40
    Battlefield 4™ Digital Deluxe ~ € 30
    &
    Battlefield 4™ ~ €20

Can I just get the €20 one and start playing? are the others just extra map packs?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BF4 is obviously enough, the base BF4.

BF4 + deluxe is the original release version and has the first expansion free.

The others are premium and base with premium (e.g. all expansions).

Hangar 21 another decent map, Pod Launcher is great fun, really impressed with the 3 so far.

Last one is out today on CTE.

• Advertisement

Last one out tonight and tbh these 4 maps are possibly the best 4 maps in the game, what annoyed me about Bf4 was there was no stand out maps. All the other games had them but 4 had meh maps.

From limited playtime these 4 have everything a BF map should have open spaces, closed spaces, air space, tank space but its spaced out. if Inf in a 64 man game is your thing stick to the tunnels, if its air or tanks you liek go outside. These are really good maps and tbh should have probably launched the game.

Advertisement