Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dayum wrote: »
    Really?!?!

It's common practice at this point. I'm afraid I can't post links being a new user so you'll have to assemble this yourselves. :(

https
    ://www
    .youtube.
    com/
    watch?v
    =wG0tAjRK3nM

Ftfy :cool:

Also, get posting more so you can lift the restrictions or is it a time thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Happened to me last night actually. First time.. they were on the roof between C & D on Sunken Dragon, overlooking the parking complex.. XM25 explosives were raining from the skies and we could do nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

miralize wrote: »
    Happened to me last night actually. First time.. they were on the roof between C & D on Sunken Dragon, overlooking the parking complex.. XM25 explosives were raining from the skies and we could do nothing about it.
    XM25/SRAW/Mortar/Chopper no good for getting back at them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Tazzimus wrote: »
    XM25/SRAW/Mortar/Chopper no good for getting back at them?

Bit of UCAV works too , you just need someone that can control it and thats not me .... it is however , the guy killing me .

jonski wrote: »
    Bit of UCAV works too , you just need someone that can control it and thats not me .... it is however , the guy killing me .
    Never unlocked that, the jet ribbons for me are a killer, can't fly them at all.

The SUAV however, that I love. Road killed by a toy aeroplane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Never unlocked that, the jet ribbons for me are a killer, can't fly them at all.

I got mine in an Air Superiority server with people that were as bad as me .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

There are 2 man servers if you need to go down that road.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    There are 2 man servers if you need to go down that road.
    Only on PC? I play on the 360, must have a look though just in case there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Any of you lot ever try any of the matchmaking stuff on the likes of ESL Versus or anything like that?

I glanced at it briefly and wonder if it would be any craic? Joining up a private 6v6 or whatever it is...

http://www.esl.eu/eu/versus/faq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The Red wrote: »
    Any of you lot ever try any of the matchmaking stuff on the likes of ESL Versus or anything like that?

I glanced at it briefly and wonder if it would be any craic? Joining up a private 6v6 or whatever it is...

http://www.esl.eu/eu/versus/faq

Yep. It's OK, but it's better when you've got a mate or two to play with. You'll often come up against people who would be considered "pro" by many players - also known as "hackers" by much of the internet community :D

Oh, and it's 5v5....Domination usually, on either Op Locker, Lancang Dam or Paracel Storm.

• Advertisement

So is there matchmaking with regards to rank or skill or whatever in any of it?

I always feel like I would like to be playing with more people my own level when I play BF4... (useless, blind, slow and old)
    and as I am trying to play more close quarters stuff to get my aim and reaction speed up, I thought it might be a good thing to try these groups out.

Or if anyone had a better thoughts as to a good way to play in games that match up similar level players?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Details on the final expansion, Final Stand, is to be revealed tomorrow at 9am PT which is 5pm Irish time I think. At least one snow map from the looks of things.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/509119550818762752

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Never mind their most recent crummy version of a snow map (I'm looking at you Alborz Mountain), just give me the snow maps from BC2, Port Valdez, Nelson Bay and White Pass... that is all. Oh, and the Frostbite map from BF2

Is this like the vietnam expansion pack? A kind of seperate setup to the rest. And a redesigned 2142?

Sorry... Remastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

You can edit your posts dude, no need to make a new post.
    People are downloading the new CTE now, you have to uninstall your existing CTE before downloading the 14GB. Some interesting 2142 type rumours alright...

Oh yeah... sorry.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭tigger123

Details on the final expansion, Final Stand, is to be revealed tomorrow at 9am PT which is 5pm Irish time I think. At least one snow map from the looks of things.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/509119550818762752

Does a reveal mean just what it will contain? Is it different to the release date?

You can edit your posts dude, no need to make a new post.
    People are downloading the new CTE now, you have to uninstall your existing CTE before downloading the 14GB. Some interesting 2142 type rumours alright...

What's CTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tigger123 wrote: »
    What's CTE?

Controlled test environment I think. its where they test out patches etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Community*

Shame its PC only. Apparently the next patch is going to be entirely game altering..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

CTE is on PC only. It's stands for Community Test Environment and is essentially a separate version of the game with new features that are being tested like experimental netcode, map design changes (especially for rush mode) and lots of other stuff. Sometimes the tests work and sometimes they don't but people can leave feedback on the CTE forums and all that kind of stuff. Usually you only get a small subset of maps that are in the actual game.

Today's CTE looks like a sneak peak at something though and perhaps marks the end of the CTE. It goes live at 4 or 5pm

Cooooool. will have to revisit it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miralize wrote: »
    Community*

Shame its PC only. Apparently the next patch is going to be entirely game altering..

Aw, So close.

The predictions on Twitter under #bf4 are saying that it might be fairly futuristic stuff, pictures of rail-guns and whatnot.

More rumours state this could be the stepping stone to a future 2142 sequel they might be planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Looking to purchase a battlefield game. Having never played any or not being much of a PC gamer (until now), is 4 the best bet?
    Seems to be a lot of choice as in premium and expansion packs ect... What should I be looking at getting?
    Cheapest place to get it?
    And what's the best way for a noob to start? Like just jump on in/single player mode (if there is such a thing) or get with a group on team speak and the like?
    Thanks

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...

I'm a premium member... How many expansion packs have there been for bf4? I've only downloaded Dragons Teeth. Are there others available?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

tigger123 wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...

I'm a premium member... How many expansion packs have there been for bf4? I've only downloaded Dragons Teeth. Are there others available?

Yes there is the following so far:

Naval Strike
    Seccond Assault
    China Rising
    Dragon's Teeth

• Advertisement

MRTULES wrote: »
    Looking to purchase a battlefield game. Having never played any or not being much of a PC gamer (until now), is 4 the best bet?
    Seems to be a lot of choice as in premium and expansion packs ect... What should I be looking at getting?
    Cheapest place to get it?
    And what's the best way for a noob to start? Like just jump on in/single player mode (if there is such a thing) or get with a group on team speak and the like?
    Thanks

If you want my humble opinion, I wouldnt live without BF Bad Company 2, BF3 and BF4. I love them all but If you only want to get one, BF4 is really good right now. I am only a lowly rank 40 in BF3 but I am really envious of all the BF vets in here that have had the last few years of fun with it. I would love to stick to BF3 but 4 is where its at right now. Ahhhh the difficulty of choices!! But in fairness, there are no wrong choices. Fact.

Oh, and just go with premium for any of them, its worth it.

Sirinava.

Advertisement