Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Watched Christmas Vacation. Chevy Chase and Randy Quaid. Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Must have been something in the water yesterday for Christmas vacation, we had it and home alone on yesterday.
    Still think Christmas vacation is my favourite Christmas film, never gets old.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Out on love actually but didn't even get to the monologue as life got in the way as kids tend to do. Will try again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Watched the third Christmas Prince on Friday night.. Enjoyed it a lot more than the second one which I really looked forward to last year and then was disappointed.

Watched 'The Family Man' with Nicolas Cage & Tea Leoni again last night, a wonderful little film that we have added to our christmas movie list over the last few years. Theres still once scene near the end that brings a small tear to the eye but overall its a film i have grown to love dearly.
    (It seems having kids has mellowed this grumpy old sod afterall)

Even herself loves it & freely admits that the annual routine of watching the same dozen or so christmas movies every year a bit of a chore at times, but never feels that about this one.

Not everyones cup of tea but it pulls at my heartstrings & i'd happily recommend.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Watched 'The Family Man' with Nicolas Cage & Tea Leoni again last night, a wonderful little film that we have added to our christmas movie list over the last few years. Theres still once scene near the end that brings a small tear to the eye but overall its a film i have grown to love dearly.

Even herself loves it & freely admits that the annual routine of watching the same dozen or so christmas movies every year a bit of a chore at times, but never feels that about this one.

Not everyones cup of tea but it pulls at my heartstrings & i'd happily recommend.

Never heard of it. Was it on TV or DVD?

TRS30 wrote: »
    Never heard of it. Was it on TV or DVD?

DVD.

If you can find it give it a watch, a super little movie. If you have kids I'd be amazed if it didnt hit you in the feels!

DVD.

If you can find it give it a watch, a super little movie. If you have kids I'd be amazed if it didnt hit you in the feels!

Have been known to get something in my eye at certain movies so will have a route around for it. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

It is on netflix here I believe. We watched a few weeks back.

Jude13 wrote: »
    It is on netflix here I believe. We watched a few weeks back.

Thanks. My free trial month of Netflix is still on my to do list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Love that film, get that emotion at the end too your not alone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

YES DvB I LOVE that movie! Not many people have heard of it so it’s a real treat for me when I hear someone has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Watched Holiday Rush on Netflix enjoyed it 8 Christmas movies down so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Loughc wrote: »
    YES DvB I LOVE that movie! Not many people have heard of it so it’s a real treat for me when I hear someone has.
    I watched it when it came out first at the cinema,

pity it does not get shown on TV as often as other Christmas movies.

Loughc wrote: »

Great minds & all that!!:D

We watched 'Love Actually' last night, hadn't watched it in years (thought we had every year but there was loads I'd forgotten) & I got a real good laugh out of it.
    Still not mad on the Liam Neeson storyline but love the Colin Firth one & Hugh Grant is fantastic in it... had forgotten how large the cast was too, its huge!

The fact it ends with one of the greatest songs of all time is a bonus too!!

Watched 'Scrooged' with Bill Murray last night. Only third Christmas movie of the season due to busy couple of weeks. Another 'oldie but a goodie' and was nice way to relax after another hectic enough day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Going to see Last Christmas tonight :D

Took a break last night & watched oceans 8... muck, should have went with another christmas film!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've started working my way through this years Netflix offerings 2 down, many to go .

The Knight before Christmas - absolute fantasy romance nonsense. It was exactly what I expected and I loved how unapologetically ridiculous it was.

Let it Snow - Love actually for teenagers in a snowed in town. Not half as good as the real deal but it was enjoyable and had a random pig in it so I don't consider it a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Get Santa is great fun. Pinches from a good few films and not deep in the slightest but enjoyable.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Now watching Gremlins.

Do you hear what I hear?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I watched Scrooged again last night, and the wife turns to me to tell me she's never seen it before.... if anyone knows a good divorce solicitor PM me :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

PM sent. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TastyPa1n

Elf is 15 years old today. Anyone else feeling old right now?

TastyPa1n wrote: »

Yep!! :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's mad. I can't believe I was only 6 when that was first released!

>_>

<_<

TastyPa1n wrote: »

All the time!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Posy wrote: »
    That's mad. I can't believe I was only 60 when that was first released!

>_>

<_<

FYP there, Posy. You forgot a digit. You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Watched a Christmas in Vermont yesterday on RTE
    Just waiting on himself to come back from bringing my mother home and its Christmas movie time with a mince pie and cup of tea :)

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    FYP there, Posy. You forgot a digit. You're welcome.

Ouch!

Advertisement