Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-12-2015, 23:03   #16
Redditor

New Ryanair boarding passes

Hi,

I booked a flight for an older relative and she can't be persuaded that the boarding passes I printed for her will get her onto the plane.

The ones they had for years has a bit at the bottom that was torn off at the gate.

Can anyone tell me what the story is with the new passes? Do they rip any off the page on the way through? Haven't been on Ryanair since last year myself.

Apologies for the trivial query, but she might give over if I can tell her what will happen at the gate.

Thanks.
Advertisement
06-12-2015, 23:16   #17
Pat Dunne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redditor View Post
Hi,

I booked a flight for an older relative and she can't be persuaded that the boarding passes I printed for her will get her onto the plane.

The ones they had for years has a bit at the bottom that was torn off at the gate.

Can anyone tell me what the story is with the new passes? Do they rip any off the page on the way through? Haven't been on Ryanair since last year myself.

Apologies for the trivial query, but she might give over if I can tell her what will happen at the gate.

Thanks.
Ryanair have stopped the practice of removing the lower half of the boarding pass sometime ago.

Just assure your older relative that the ticket will need to be scanned at the Boarding Channel/Security Gate Area and then at the Boarding Gate (Passport will also be required at Boarding Gate). Similar to what's done at the supermarket check out.

Based on my own personal experience traveling with elderly relatives, could I suggest that you book Fast Track
http://www.dublinairport.com/home.aspx
for you relative to get through the Boarding Channel / Security Gate Area. Depending on the time of day the main Boarding Channel area through to the Security Gate can border on mayhem, this can be quite stressful on an infrequent flyer. Whereas the Fast Track area involves no stress and the staff are most helpful.

You might also contact One Complete Solution, OCS,
http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-...-mobility.aspx
these guys offer a great service and if your eldelrly relative is traveling solo, they can act as a travel companion from their office in the main departures area, until your relative boards the flight, including a golf buggy ride out to the Boarding Gates. Cannot recommend their service or their staff highly enough.

Last edited by Pat Dunne; 07-12-2015 at 00:28.
(3) thanks from:
06-12-2015, 23:17   #18
L1011

Pulled due to poor yield - four airlines on the route and 40 quid return fares booked at close in dates are not good things for profitability.
06-12-2015, 23:20   #19
Redditor

Just wanted to know 100% what the story was.

Thanks a million for that Pat.
07-12-2015, 23:03   #20
Pat Dunne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redditor View Post
Just wanted to know 100% what the story was.

Thanks a million for that Pat.
I was printing a Ryanair ticket this evening and I noted that FR now have a new ticket layout. Well since October when I last flew with them.

A4 page now devided into quarter panels which you simply fold in 4, with the Ryanair blue an yellow bording pass banner to the front. Very handy indeed

Last edited by Pat Dunne; 07-12-2015 at 23:25.
Advertisement
07-12-2015, 23:04   #21
JCX BXC

Flew with them just over a week ago very handy indeed.
11-12-2015, 15:13   #22
Inquitus

When will Aer Lingus be One World?
12-12-2015, 09:30   #23
Tenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquitus View Post
When will Aer Lingus be One World?
NO idea really.
The integration into IAG will be the priority, this could take 12-18 months. IAG want their own set-up in place, then EI need to be proposed as a member, then the existing members have to vote. I guess a lot depends on the existing business model at EI. They have codeshares/interlining agreements with United, OW membership will alter these. Perhaps they will have to wait till these agreements are nearing the end?
I would hazard a wild guess for early/mid 2017 at the earliest.
Thanks from:
12-12-2015, 18:33   #24
strelok
Banned

not sure if I'm asking in the right place so sorry if I'm getting it wrong

heading to melbourne for xmas, going dublin - abu dhabi and then abu dhabi - melbourne. both flights (according to the tickets) are on a boeing 777-300er. aer lingus to Abu dhabi, etihad on to melbourne flying economy for both of them ( )

according to my googlings, both planes should have AC power in economy so I can plug a laptop in for the duration.. does anyone know if this is accurate? one of the websites I checked mentioned something about an rj45 socket for each seat too, does this mean it will have internet?

I've flown once, to portugal on ryanair, in the last ten years so I'm not at all familiar with what is typical on planes these days especially on long flights. sorry if these questions seem impossibly naive
Advertisement
12-12-2015, 18:38   #25
JCX BXC

Tis not Aer Lingus your going to Abu Dhabi with anyway, its Etihad
12-12-2015, 18:53   #26
strelok
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnacalla View Post
Tis not Aer Lingus your going to Abu Dhabi with anyway, its Etihad

the ticket definitely says aer lingus. is that just some sort of ... i dunno... licensing thing?
12-12-2015, 18:55   #27
fits

Quote:
Originally Posted by strelok View Post
the ticket definitely says aer lingus. is that just some sort of ... i dunno... licensing thing?
Its called a codeshare. Ticket sold by one airline but operated by another.
(3) thanks from:
12-12-2015, 19:01   #28
JCX BXC

Above is correct,

Aerlingus don't fly to Abu Dhabi nor do they have 777's. They flew to Dubai a few years ago in my recollection.
Thanks from:
17-12-2015, 06:52   #29
strelok
Banned

anyone know if you can plug a usb stick/media device into the usb ports on the etihad 777-300er to play your own content on the seat tv's? or are they just for charging devices
Thanks from:
03-01-2016, 23:31   #30
IrishAir98

I just read somewhere that passengers travelling on domestic flights from DUB have access to fast track security is this true?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion