Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I've only played him twice . The first was the story run through, took about 10 mins, and then again doing a sidequest that took me close enough it was a worth farming that only took about 3 mins as once you get used to his limited patterns and fall into a good pace he'll be no trouble. What I found worked best was stick to corners, watch for the fireaball he sends zipping around the side corridors (you can shoot it). But only stay in one corner for 5-10 seconds, when your shields start taking a hit from either his barrage or the adds, run like crazy down a corridor to the next corner getting your shields and some distance back, only care on that run if that fireball is up, adds should only be shot if you need to proc a Kill-skill. Also like others of his class type when you can go for the ball on his back.

Yeah I died the first time on him too, but once you keep moving and stay away from his AOE effects he's pretty easy. Slow moving too so hard to miss shots on him.

Killavolt (side mission, not a main mission boss) was a hell of a lot tougher, even two levels higher than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    My favourite gun so far, I only stopped using it around 24/25 I think. The Stranger Than Things talent switches between cryo and incendiary based on time of day with increasing status chance per successive hit - couple that with laser accuracy, high fire rate and (free) 3xbullets per shot and it proc'd targets in split seconds. I've found a few other legendaries since but nothing has come close to stopping power for it's Level.

Nice, i tend to shy away from SMG's for no real particular reason, ill keep an eye out for a good one and give them a try, i find in comparison to other weapons, it can be hard to figure out which smg is great when you come across them..when looking at the stats..

My load out is usually:
    Slot 1: Shotgun
    Slot 2: Pistol
    Slot 3: Rifle
    Slot 4: Sniper (Swap out for rocket launcher if i feel the boss/enemy requires it)

I need a 5th slot!!! :pac:

nix wrote: »
    Nice, i tend to shy away from SMG's for no real particular reason, ill keep an eye out for a good one and give them a try, i find in comparison to other weapons, it can be hard to figure out which smg is great when you come across them..when looking at the stats..

My load out is usually:
    Slot 1: Shotgun
    Slot 2: Pistol
    Slot 3: Rifle
    Slot 4: Sniper (Swap out for rocket launcher if i feel the boss/enemy requires it)

I need a 5th slot!!! :pac:

I find SMGs great for elemental, as even though the bullets don't do a lot of damage they tend to have better fire rates and large magazine sizes so better chance to do proper elemental damage (particularly a shock one for shields, or fire for when you'll be facing numerous creatures like ratches).

My base loadout tends to be:
    Pistol
    Shotgun
    SMG
    Other (usually a rifle unless I know I need something in particular)

Anyone got any decent shields? I got lucky with a First Aid Re_Charger. Massive capacity, fast recharge and starts to refill as soon as its broken with health regen when full. Seems to be ideal when combined with Moze' shield of retribution skill tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Anyone got any decent shields? I got lucky with a First Aid Re_Charger. Massive capacity, fast recharge and starts to refill as soon as its broken with health regen when full. Seems to be ideal when combined with Moze' shield of retribution skill tree.

Got some legendary one with high capacity, 10% movement speed when full and depleted, and does a lot of damage with its fire nova on shield break.

• Advertisement

I'm using Moze myself and aim for big shield value and rate, i had one of those shields that when you crouch it puts out a shield wall in front of you which has your actual shield value + damage reduction.

I was always worried that when you had this wall out, you lose the actual shield on yourself, which is actually really dangerous, especially when you're moze with the reduced health pool build. And im pretty sure its right as a few times i had been running around in the arena and go into a slide which projects the shield and i got one shotted a few times.. So i got rid of that shield asap :pac:

I also had a shield which gave 10% speed boost when it was full, which was nice but it threw off my aim when moving, so i got rid of that also.. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anybody want a BL3 code for PC?
    I bought it yesterday for myself and thoroughly enjoying it, no performance issues whatsoever.

I tried to buy 12 months xbox live for my son just now but borderlands somehow was in the basket and i just clicked place order as price looked similar, i was in a hurry and distracted with a screaming 4 yr old, no not him for xbox live lol.

I should of read what i was ordering, lesson learned.

Anyways im willing to sell for €35 and take hit i paid €45 .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Guessing it's some key site that you can't try for refund?

Or try to go to paypal, cc, or whoever?

Yeah cd keys

I used paypal ill contact them but not hopeful hence why im trying to sell key.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dcully wrote: »
    Anybody want a BL3 code for PC?
    I bought it yesterday for myself and thoroughly enjoying it, no performance issues whatsoever.

I tried to buy 12 months xbox live for my son just now but borderlands somehow was in the basket and i just clicked place order as price looked similar, i was in a hurry and distracted with a screaming 4 yr old, no not him for xbox live lol.

I should of read what i was ordering, lesson learned.

Anyways im willing to sell for €35 and take hit i paid €45 .

I'll take it off you Dcully if you haven't sold it already.

• Advertisement

No havent sold yet , ive opened a case with paypal but tbh its 100% my own fault,, your welcome to it mate.
    Pm me and we can arrange.
    Once we are sorted ill mark as resolved with paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dcully wrote: »
    No havent sold yet , ive opened a case with paypal but tbh its 100% my own fault,, your welcome to it mate.
    Pm me and we can arrange.
    Once we are sorted ill mark as resolved with paypal.

Will do.

Yay I got me a double-penetrating ...... Occultist? It's Torgue so I'll give it a spin.

Remember at the start of the game when Claptrap mentions
    the old echos got re-branded as grenades
    I just got one from the chest in sanctuary, it's white rarity with 3 lines of red text :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

God this game is fun.

So im pretty much about to finish the game now me thinks, think ive got a zone and then final boss or two to go, so decided to leave that until tomorrow. But i still had a few mins before i wanted to turn in so i said id try a "quick" co-op, see if i can actually get through one of the arena's without it bugging out or crashing.

The good news is it didnt crash or bug out (i think) but it went on for aaaaages, like a stupid amount of time, mobs just kept piling in on top of us, to the point i thought it was bugging out it went on for so long.. Anyway, it finally ended, im pretty sure it was about 90mins or so.. It really needs to be fine tuned, its clearly not what anybody wants to go through, my eyeballs were about to pop from the constant shooting..

Other good news is i got some really decent drops, well one or two anyway.. I also went up 2 levels, think im like 43-44 now.. Oh and i earned a **** load of money.. Like before i went in i spent a load of cash on ammo upgrades, think i had a lil over $100k left before i entered the arena.. When i left i had over $4.6mil... MILLION!

So Yeah, dont worry bout spending that cash my doods :D

How did you find performance late game?

I'm on about level 24 and I'd say at the
    second vault

I'm finding FPS tanking on the One X. The game has gotten way more hectic. They really need to get it sorted.

Also, how much money were you losing each time you died :pac::pac:

You lose 10% per death but I've not died all that much, on the X I've not seen much if any frame rate issues in presentation mode. I've been playing solo mostly so maybe a bit less happening than if I was playing co-op.

I've seen it said turning off the social notifications helps.

I've seen it said turning off the social notifications helps.

Might be why I haven't seen any performance issues either. I turned those things off straight away.

Early Eden-6 spoilers
    Did the first part of the Eden-6 story last night, rescuing Hammerlock. Have to say Tiny Tina's voice is a lot more palatable now that she's older, though now I am hearing snippets of Aloy in her voice which is weird.

Anyone on PS4 around to help with a boss? Defeat Katagawa Ball just one shots me even though im a level over reqomended.

I think i'll restart with the beastmaster

• Advertisement

Anyone on PS4 around to help with a boss? Defeat Katagawa Ball just one shots me even though im a level over reqomended.

I think i'll restart with the beastmaster

Had trouble with him too as i was 4 levels below him so was almost impossible, ran a game of circle of slaughter went up 3 levels and got better guns and killed him easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Im struggling with most of the main missions mainly as playing with randoms is ummm interesting and I am the only sell out from the lads I normally play with :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Im struggling with most of the main missions mainly as playing with randoms is ummm interesting and I am the only sell out from the lads I normally play with :D

The game from the outset puts you on a path to level 50 in one playthrough.

You need to be doing the side quests and crew challenges to keep ahead of the enemy level. Crew challenges are easy and large XP.

I'm about to do the final boss and am level 45 and enemies are 41. I could have been higher if I'd done the circles of slaughter. It's been the easiest Borderlands game for me by a mile, rarely been downed let along killed and I'm not a super player just a completionist :D

Regards the crew challenges leave one of each incomplete until you hit the cap. The rewards are worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Guns Guns Guns. You can never have enough guns.

I restarted with Flak hes pretty awesome and the pet really helps.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Guns Guns Guns. You can never have enough guns.

You can and the price for an SDU is astronomical :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

After playing the campaign would you say this would be suitable for a 13 year old? Anything overly bad here? Thanks

The game from the outset puts you on a path to level 50 in one playthrough.

You need to be doing the side quests and crew challenges to keep ahead of the enemy level. Crew challenges are easy and large XP.

I'm about to do the final boss and am level 45 and enemies are 41. I could have been higher if I'd done the circles of slaughter. It's been the easiest Borderlands game for me by a mile, rarely been downed let along killed and I'm not a super player just a completionist :D

Regards the crew challenges leave one of each incomplete until you hit the cap. The rewards are worth it.

I've been doing every crew challenge I've come across, but I think I must have missed a good few because it was only in my last two sessions I've found out Ellie and Zer0 both have challenges to be done too.

Good advice on saving the last one of each though, I'll keep that in mind.

sticker wrote: »
    After playing the campaign would you say this would be suitable for a 13 year old? Anything overly bad here? Thanks

There's nothing overly bad imo. Decent bit of swearing, lots of euphemisms/innuendo (some of which he might get, some of which he might not), and one side character is fairly scantily clad for want of a better term, but the graphics are very cartoony so it's nothing major.

It's a bit of a mix between being mature content, but also completely juvenile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Penn wrote: »
    There's nothing overly bad imo. Decent bit of swearing, lots of euphemisms/innuendo (some of which he might get, some of which he might not), and one side character is fairly scantily clad for want of a better term, but the graphics are very cartoony so it's nothing major.

It's a bit of a mix between being mature content, but also completely juvenile.
    `

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback...

Advertisement