Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

Penn wrote: »
    Just read that unless you're on Mayhem modes (Mayhem 3 specifically) the chances of getting him or him having guaranteed legendaries is substantially reduced. Only at the point in the story where I can go to Eden-6 but might not even be able to play again until Thursday or Friday, so wouldn't be surprised if it's patched or hot-fix'ed by that stage anyway. Ah well. Bound to be some areas/exploits like that in the game anyway, like the 4 Loot Midgets in the Wildlife Preservation in BL2 exploit for Pearlescent weapons.

Today after 10 runs I'm in possession of a legendary classmod, 2 shields, itchy flacker (which is insane) a torgue pistol, a Jakobs shotgun that makes a guitar riff noise when fired and has a referance to something I don't know. Even got 2 from one run :D

Anyway it's all level 26 so useless besides the class mod to me at level 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Today after 10 runs I'm in possession of a legendary classmod, 2 shields, itchy flacker (which is insane) a torgue pistol, a Jakobs shotgun that makes a guitar riff noise when fired and has a referance to something I don't know. Even got 2 from one run :D

Anyway it's all level 26 so useless besides the class mod to me at level 33.

The shotgun with the guitar riff is a Doom Easter egg

The shotgun with the guitar riff is a Doom Easter egg

Ahhh ffs I should have got that one, it's called a Hellwalker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Seems like Borderlands 3 on PC is doing really well sales and player wise, despite the moaning about the Epic store.
    I'd nearly bank on the folks moaning and pretending to boycott the service still purchased it anyway.
    Not bought it and not buying it until it's on a relevant platform. But tell you what; how about we compare the sales in a year's time when it goes on Steam etc. and then take those numbers * $60 * 10% return for a year that they lost by not going on Steam and say if it was a good move or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Dying is expensive in this game.

• Advertisement

Starting to see the sense of going with Thin Red Line with Moze, ignored it until my mod speced me into it for a 20% hit on health. Now I can see going all in on this and taking a much bigger health reduction and having the right class mod and shied to take max advantage from that and Desperate measures.

To fully commit to that tree with the right gear looks like she could be a wrecking ball and not a glass hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I never played much of the previous BL games before but thought I'd give this a go as picked it up in the GS 10quid trade deal. Still fairly early days I think (lvl 13, and just got to the 3rd planet). Whilst I can see the enjoyment, have to say I'm also a bit underwhelmed, it seems to be incredibly repetitive. Is it worth sticking with, does the gameplay develop more? Or is it more of the same so maybe just not my cuppa tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

JimBurnley wrote: »
    I never played much of the previous BL games before but thought I'd give this a go as picked it up in the GS 10quid trade deal. Still fairly early days I think (lvl 13, and just got to the 3rd planet). Whilst I can see the enjoyment, have to say I'm also a bit underwhelmed, it seems to be incredibly repetitive. Is it worth sticking with, does the gameplay develop more? Or is it more of the same so maybe just not my cuppa tea?

it's basically just kill things, get loot, repeat at higher levels for better loot to kill things faster.

I'm a bit underwhelmed so far tbh, only l7-8 on two characters but it has nowhere near the draw for me that 1 or TPS had.

I've never had a game crash so hard that it's shut an xbox down but it's happened 3 times tonigh.

Friend joins and down it goes, might as well have pressed the power button myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I've never had a game crash so hard that it's shut an xbox down but it's happened 3 times tonigh.

Friend joins and down it goes, might as well have pressed the power button myself.

Which Xbox is that? Original, S or X?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I havent crashed at all while playing BL3, joined a few co ops and **** bugged out ruining a few arena attempts and then an instance or two the game crashed. Has only happened when playing co-op though, solo and everythings great.

On another note, The Typhon crates are absolute crap, ive opened the majority of them now and dont think I've retrieved one item from them that i found useful, or even near useful :(

Most of my best items i get through the mail from NPC's, i think it was about level 20 before i copped on i was getting items through the mail system, and then level 30 before i started remembering to check the mail frequently :P:mad:

Finding the golden keys are also mostly a waste, they seriously need to tune the big crates if im honest :(
    Jordan 199 wrote: »

The more you have the more you lose, pretty sure it takes a % cut, if i had to guess i would say its like 5-10%. If you do co-op arena's you rake in the money and xp, so i wouldnt worry too much about cash, use it to increase your bank/backpack/ammo, you dont really need it for anything else, ammo itself is cheap as chips..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is it me or are the enemies more bullet spongey in this game, i've never ran out of pistol ammo in the other BL games but this one its nearly every fight!

Which Xbox is that? Original, S or X?

X haven't tried it on the launch Xbox One. Seems common enough according to reddit.

Had some crazy flashing on the power button light on the console too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is it me or are the enemies more bullet spongey in this game, i've never ran out of pistol ammo in the other BL games but this one its nearly every fight!

I tend to always forget how easy it is to run out of ammo in the early stages of Borderlands games before you get to buy most of the SDUs.

But some definitely take a lot of ammo to go down. The heavy pyromechs/gunners/cyromech or whatever they're called can take a lot of ammo unless you crit the thing on their back/shoulder, whereas some of the badass troopers take ages to go down even with crit headshot hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nody wrote: »
    Not bought it and not buying it until it's on a relevant platform. But tell you what; how about we compare the sales in a year's time when it goes on Steam etc. and then take those numbers * $60 * 10% return for a year that they lost by not going on Steam and say if it was a good move or not.

Say they sold 1m copies on Epic on launch day at €60 a pop. That amounts to €52.8m after deducting Epics cut.

In order for them to get the same from Steam they'll need to sell an additional 260k units or 1.26m total day one. Are Steam likely to outsell the Epic store by 26% over the life of the game? I don't see it to be honest. There's only so many people who will buy the game at the end of the day.

Then you need to factor in the exclusive payment deal. I'd imagine that was in the 10s of million so that would require millions of extra sales on Steam just to match the Epic deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I personally dont care what platform my pc games are on.
    Steam,origin,uplay,epic launcher or whatever its all the same to me.
    Once it downloads at expected speeds and is playable i dont care after that.

I do have a problem with overly intrusive DRM like what BL3 is supposed to have.
    I bought it lastnight and yet to play so cant comment further.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Say they sold 1m copies on Epic on launch day at €60 a pop. That amounts to €52.8m after deducting Epics cut.

In order for them to get the same from Steam they'll need to sell an additional 260k units or 1.26m total day one. Are Steam likely to outsell the Epic store by 26% over the life of the game? I don't see it to be honest. There's only so many people who will buy the game at the end of the day.

Then you need to factor in the exclusive payment deal. I'd imagine that was in the 10s of million so that would require millions of extra sales on Steam just to match the Epic deal.
    For starters they have only sold 500k copies total across all platforms as per their own tweet, so no they are no were near a million copies on the epic store so your steam number is well below 600k copies to match and chances are they did not get any noticeable large payment to go on Epic either simply because of who their CEO is (he may have gotten an odd million but the company likely nada as in previous deals).

Secondly Borderlands 2 on Steam has sold over 11.2 million copies total for comparison so yea I'm willing to bet that Steam Borderlands 3 will do quite fine on the release.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

For starters they have only sold 500k copies total across all platforms as per their own tweet, so no they are no were near a million copies on the epic store so your steam number is well below 600k copies to match and chances are they did not get any noticeable large payment to go on Epic either simply because of who their CEO is (he may have gotten an odd million but the company likely nada as in previous deals).

Secondly Borderlands 2 on Steam has sold over 11.2 million copies total for comparison so yea I'm willing to bet that Steam Borderlands 3 will do quite fine on the release.

Do you have a link to that tweet? The only one I saw was about concurrent players.

The 1m was a random number to show the difference needed to cover the lower store cut on Epic. 26% more sales needed on Steam to match net revenue on Epic?

As far as I'm aware Epic pays a fee to secure exclusivity so why would Borderlands be different?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Went ahead and bought this today. It will be noodles for dinner for a week but it was worth it so far. #Sirenpower!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The math which Take2 will have done on their end will more likely have been based on whether the revenue made from the Epic Store, from either direct sales to customers or via the upfront payment from Epic based on a minimum number of guaranteed sales, factoring in the lower cut taken by Epic, will cover the potentially lower sales revenue faced from not releasing on Steam initially; whether that's due to customers choosing to wait for 12 months until it comes to said platform at a potentially lower base price, those waiting until it goes on sale after that fact or those people who actually decide not to buy it at all.

There may be other incentives involved in the deal which are different between AAA and indie, an additional budget for marketing perhaps, which would also have been beneficial to them but it's rather unlikely that information will ever be released to the public.

Generally speaking though, given the size of this launch and, as you've pointed out, the install base of the previous game, it's highly unlikely this decision wasn't incredibly well thought out from the money men's side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Vicxas wrote: »

What pistol are you using exactly?

If you're using ones with high rate of fire that consume multiple bullets per shot, you will fly through the ammo. I myself favour the jacobs pistols which only consume one bullet and ive never even nearly gone out of ammo with them, granted however i have upgraded my ammo pouches a fair bit.

So if you haven't done that yet, its likely the culprit, i do recall having ammo issues in the early stages of the game, but hardly ever since.

I had to hang up one of my fav guns in the game so far yesterday, it absolutely wrecked pretty much everything, it fired 5 projectiles in a spread but only consumed one bullet, i just had to aim at the guys with the shield and unleash and it would rinse their hands and feet out of it and kill them in no time.. I used it for aaaages, i think it was mid 30's before i swapped it out and not because it stopped doing the job, i just came into a lot of other cool hard hitting pistols.

490922.jpg

I cant even remember how it came into my possession, it just showed up in my inventory, i sure hope i find a high level version of it in the near future :)

Anyone come across this boss
    'Captain Traunt'
    yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

7% of your total. Stop hoarding it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

BeerWolf wrote: »
    7% of your total. Stop hoarding it. :p

Laughed the other night at one of the New-U quotes after respawning

"Hyperion - We're not the bad guys in this one" :D

nix wrote: »
    What pistol are you using exactly?

If you're using ones with high rate of fire that consume multiple bullets per shot, you will fly through the ammo. I myself favour the jacobs pistols which only consume one bullet and ive never even nearly gone out of ammo with them, granted however i have upgraded my ammo pouches a fair bit.

So if you haven't done that yet, its likely the culprit, i do recall having ammo issues in the early stages of the game, but hardly ever since.

I had to hang up one of my fav guns in the game so far yesterday, it absolutely wrecked pretty much everything, it fired 5 projectiles in a spread but only consumed one bullet, i just had to aim at the guys with the shield and unleash and it would rinse their hands and feet out of it and kill them in no time.. I used it for aaaages, i think it was mid 30's before i swapped it out and not because it stopped doing the job, i just came into a lot of other cool hard hitting pistols.

490922.jpg

I cant even remember how it came into my possession, it just showed up in my inventory, i sure hope i find a high level version of it in the near future :)

Dat Gun Doh

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Anyone come across this boss
    'Captain Traunt'
    yet?

Yes,
    he's at the end of the Athenas story quest.

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Yes,
    he's at the end of the Athenas story quest.

I'm finding that boss a right pain in the ass to see off.

My favourite gun so far, I only stopped using it around 24/25 I think. The Stranger Than Things talent switches between cryo and incendiary based on time of day with increasing status chance per successive hit - couple that with laser accuracy, high fire rate and (free) 3xbullets per shot and it proc'd targets in split seconds. I've found a few other legendaries since but nothing has come close to stopping power for it's Level.

490931.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm finding that boss a right pain in the ass to see off.

I've only played him twice . The first was the story run through, took about 10 mins, and then again doing a sidequest that took me close enough it was a worth farming that only took about 3 mins as once you get used to his limited patterns and fall into a good pace he'll be no trouble. What I found worked best was stick to corners, watch for the fireaball he sends zipping around the side corridors (you can shoot it). But only stay in one corner for 5-10 seconds, when your shields start taking a hit from either his barrage or the adds, run like crazy down a corridor to the next corner getting your shields and some distance back, only care on that run if that fireball is up, adds should only be shot if you need to proc a Kill-skill. Also like others of his class type when you can go for the ball on his back.

Advertisement